A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Hurry! Landmark has an opening again - sm - Susan

Posted: Nov 20, 2010

Nah - they don't answer any responses to their ads anyway.  Don't bother.

Have you ever considered........... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That they hire who they want and unfortunately do not have the time to inform EVERY SINGLE applicant that they decided to go with another MT? Most companies do not respond back with a "no thank you" and although that would be incredibly nice, Landmark just probably doesn't have the time to do it, just as others don't.

I am sure that any of the jobs listed on this - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
forum get 100s of applications and surely they do not just advertise in this 1 place. They do not have time to acknowledge every application/resume they get.

How long would it take to hit "send" on a - generic "no thank you" message? nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Thank you. My point was - sm - Susan

[ In Reply To ..]
Many, many MTs here said there was no response to their sent resume and if they wanted a good, loyal, experienced MT, years of experience, certified, etc., you'd think they'd respond to that kind of a resume. They did not. I would never give a company like that the time of day. Once bitten, twice shy.
Well then, - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
I hope you never have to job hunt again. You might find a lot of companies "you would never give the time of day". You might change your mind when the rent is due.

You can't take things like that personally. My husband sent out around 75 resumes before he was hired at his last job. He received exactly one "no thank you". You just keep plugging away. There are many, many just as qualified MTs as you are who are looking for work.
I would never again work at home for these companies - sm - Susan
[ In Reply To ..]
I have not found any one of them that would be "right" for me. Every one has problems, like any job, but all the companies I see expect the MT to practically jump through hoops for little to no pay. No thanks. I think more of myself than that. If everyone would stand up for themselves, there wouldn't be these low-paying jobs like the industry has come to. Gone are the days when I could crank out work and get paid $40-50/hr. So yes, I am more than qualified and been around this block more than ones in more years than I care to admit. I got out of the rat race a few years ago.
Sorry for the typo in my post - before someone mentions it. nm - Susan
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Do you mind saying what job you do now? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Am just wondering as I have no clue what to do now. I agree, though. Have you seen the posts on the job seeker's board? Wow! One offering a whole whopping $112.50 a week before taxes to start. Geez, cannot wait to get started!!

Landmark - Been there

[ In Reply To ..]
It could be that they can't keep employees, no shift differentials, no holiday pay, vacation only after a year, majority of work on weekends.

Landmark - loridrvr

[ In Reply To ..]
This lady contacted me, hired me, asked me to email her what shift I wanted, so I did. We even agreed on a line rate. A couple of days went by, and I did not hear from her. I emailed back. After 2 days of emailing her, she finally responded back to me and said she needed me to start at 6 instead of 7, and instead of asking me to start at 6 instead of 7, just assumed that I would not want to do that and hired someone else. SHE IS CRAZY, NONCOMMUNICATIVE, and UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!! Everything worked out though, have a really great job with a great company!

Resumes an hour... - MTTX

[ In Reply To ..]
Once I posted a full-time IC position for an orthopedist group I could no longer handle myself and I received 430+ resumes the very first hour. I had to pull the ad from MTStars and then (silly me) it took me a week or so, bit by bit, I replied to every one of them in little snippets of time I had in my 14-hour days. That was 10 years ago.

With the state of transcription these days (I am assuming more MTs are looking for work) I cannot imagine how a company like Landmark or any other handles the deluge.

Susan - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
Sarcasm, sarcasm.....the devil's weapon......

Oh Susan - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
If you got out of it some time ago, then your opinion here is worthless.

One thing everyone missed - sm - Susan

[ In Reply To ..]
If everyone thinks companies are so inundated with resumes, then why do they keep posting openings constantly? They should have a huge amount of people to choose from on any future opening (and these companies post constantly). So why do they keep posting openings every week, using your thinking that they are so inundated they can't respond?

And by the way, I am in the field, just out of the rat race of working for a national company.
Susan - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
They keep posting openings because they get new accounts, silly! You really HAVE been away a loooong time, haven't you?
Dear Nick & others - been around MT
[ In Reply To ..]
When it comes to Landmark, Susan actually is correct. This is a very disorganized company. The wife usually handles resumes, the husband handles IT and clients. The wife spends more time concerned about the kiddos and will tell you how she needs to get to soccer practice. The QA/accounts person is amazing, but that's the extent of anything amazing about this company. The majority of their work is overflow or shared accounts with other MTSOs. MTs cannot make a living and hence there is a need to constantly hire more MTs. It's like a revolving door. New accounts. Lost accounts. New MTs. Lost MTs. We need you to work. Oh, we don't have work. Your rate is X. Oh, oops, your rate is really Y. The owners come from MQ background, but really (in my experience) don't have the business sense to play with the big boys. If you want to work for this company, make darn sure you have a second job to pay your bills.
Thank you for your response, "been around" - sm - Susan
[ In Reply To ..]
This was what I was driving at. Maybe others don't read the boards as closely as I do or do their research but your type of post is what I have been reading the most. MTs come on here for honesty about companies and the posts mocking mine (for what they obviously did not know) confuse people more. YES, you need to make your own fact-based decisions on a company. What is good for one might not be good for another. But when I consistently see post after post about a certain company (and when it personally happened to me as well), I try to "help" others, not argue with people when they truly do not know the circumstances. There are too many fighters on here - people willing to argue than to give real help. Just look at all the responses above, LOL!
Amen to that-this is the most accurate post about Landmark - LMer
[ In Reply To ..]
in a nutshell that I have seen yet. People you can take this post by "been around MT" to the bank!
I wouldn't worry about it because you'd soon be locked out of the system....sm - Ex-LMer
[ In Reply To ..]
without any warning. I worked for them and really enjoyed my job (one account doing my favorite type of reports with no VR at that point). They never had any complaints of my work and they left me alone (though getting them to email was an issue). Seemed to good to be true because it was. I was locked out of the system, told there was a problem with my account and there were no other accounts to place me on. The same week there were ads on here for 2 different accounts. Why could they have not placed me on one of them? Very unprofessional IMO.
in my experience, they don't keep a single resume on file - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The way you frame it isn't really accurate: They don't have that "huge amount of people to choose from" because they don't keep the resumes from the last time they had an opening.

If you're in the field, you should know this. I'm a one-year newbie and this was one of the first things I learned.
Sorry - can't buy this one - sm - Susan
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe companies that hire every now and again throw them out but this company has an ad every single week. My point has been, what is up with that?
Resumes - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
As others have stated, companies do not hold onto resumes and test results, which is why they keep posting openings. I applied at company X (can't name), passed the test and was told they had a new account coming on board and would contact me. I never heard anything, then recently saw an advertisement on this board. Apparently this means that if I want to be considered (again) I will need to re-apply and re-test. Talk about jumping through hoops.

Similar Messages:

Help!! In A Hurry
Apr 23, 2010

I was offered a job contingent upon if my computer met their specifications for their company software.  I was asked to perform a computer specification check on my computer and submit it to them for their review.  After their review, they informed me that my computer did meet their specifications, but I needed to have Microsoft word on my computer and if I installed that I met their standards.  I did exactly what they asked and bought the  software and they sent me an o ...

What Do A, And P Stand For? ? A Doc In A Damn Hurry!
Jul 10, 2012

Dear HT got this today(sr):  "..... A. ............. PE. .......... medicines reviewed..." ( She leaves out stuff I shouldn't see, she's very good about HIPPA) She said the audio was "pee", not "p e". Took her forever to figure out that he want the headings ASSESMENT and PLAN! Especially with Medicines after PLAN. Doc has six residents under him, but THEY all know how -and take the time!- to say "assesment" and 'plan".  If he had said RFTEOTWIN, was my dear MT supposed ...

Landmark Insurance - Does Landmark Offer To Full Time Employees?
Jan 24, 2012

What kind, if any, insurance does Landmark offer to full time employees? Medical, life, dental, etc Need medical and dental and thinking about taking a job here. ...

Job Opening For CCM
Mar 31, 2012

Got an e-mail with job openings. That's a first. They need a CCM, any takers? I was interested to see they supervise 50-70 MTs.  I thought it was a lot more than that. I thought the reason my CCM seldom sends out e-mails or answers e-mails or the phone, for that matter, was because she had about 300 MTs to supervise. Seriously, we get more e-mail from Vern than from her. Just a random thought while passing through... ...

S/l Lusyngeal Opening
Aug 02, 2011

Argh, one side of my headphones isn't working.  This patient is 10 days status post I&D and wound vac application on her leg.  The doctor says:  she still has a lysengial opening approximately 1 cm by 5 mm in size.  ...

Opening .dct Files
Nov 16, 2013

i need to open a .dct file.  I guess I have to download the file to open this but don't know which one to trust.  Any suggestions??? Thanks! ...

Home Based Job Opening
Oct 18, 2012

UnitedHealth Group is hiring home based healthcare claims investigator. Must have working knowledge of CPT/ICD-9 codes. ...

SoftScript's Website Has An Opening
Oct 20, 2012

SoftScript is in need of a Software Engineer with expertise in Artificial Intelligence, information extraction, machine learning and natural language processing. The appropriate candidate will work with our IT team to develop a crucial portion of our system. Does this mean their take on VR has changed and now they are looking into it for their software. ...

Delay Opening Posts
Aug 23, 2013

It takes me 3-5 minutes to open each post on this site.  Any suggestions? ...

Genetics Transcription Opening
Nov 25, 2013

I pursued this same position a few months ago but ultimately declined it due to the hours.  I keep seeing it reappear every couple of months since then. Does or has anyone worked on that account and is there a reason they keep recruiting for it?  It was a tough decision not to take it as I love genetics and find it fascinating, but every time I see it pop up I'm thinking maybe I dodged an enormous bullet by not taking it (lack of work, horrific dictators, etc). I thought perhaps ...

Tier Testing Is Opening Again
Jan 13, 2015

FYI ...

PLASTICS Skilled MT-small Opening
May 11, 2010

What happened to the PLASTICS skilled MT - small opening ad? ...

Did Anyone Watch 60 Minutes' Opening Segment
Oct 25, 2010

were out of work, their UE benefits had run out, and they were "too young to retire, but too old for rehire?"   That story was an eye-opening and scary.  ...

Current IC Opening Posted That States
Jul 21, 2014

How do they get away with this, not to mention blatantly advertising for such? ...

Immediate Opening With Nuance!! SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!!!
Aug 22, 2014

....because it says steady stream of work, amoung other un-truths...as I sit on this site reading and posting because I am OOW again and my shift just started.....Oh, and this is the shift NUANCE changed my schedule to saying that it would make sure I would not run out of work....but can only respond to their post via email....I guess they would not want my response.... ...

The Discussions On Cherry Picking Have Been Very Eye Opening. This Industry
Feb 15, 2010

nm ...

Hysterectomy - An Opening Was Made In The Mid (??) 2 Heaney Clamps
Aug 04, 2011

Just cannot hear this...    an opening was made in the mid(????)  2 Heaney clamps were placed on each tube ...

Anyone Hearing Crickets When Opening Email When Usually Bombarded Sm
Apr 29, 2014

daily with emails??? ...

Opening MM Email, Standing On Scale = Dread And Apprehension
Feb 15, 2012

and always bad news. ...

There Was Evidence Of A Prior Biliary Sphincterotomy And There Was A Patent Opening Into The Common
May 06, 2011

xx ...

Does Anyone Know The Short Keys For Opening The Lookup Function In MS Word 2010?
Feb 18, 2014

Does anyone know the short key sequence for opening the Lookup function in MS Word?  I use it a lot! TYIA! N/M ...

MM Apparently Opening A New "healthcare Technology Center"
May 14, 2014

Don't know what to make of that....just another example of how they want to invest in their Indian employees. If you call slave wages an investment that is. ...

Escribe4Us "job" Opening
Mar 18, 2015

The "job" opening for Escrib4Us is a joke at $17 per audio hour (28 cents/audio minute). ... equivalent to 5.60 an hour! The general transcription payscale ranges from .48 to 1.50 per audio minute (or more). You do the math. This company is a rip-off.  At least they say how low their pay is in their ad, instead of wasting time applying, testing, etc. I'll give them that much. ...

For Landmark MTs
Jan 29, 2011

Q1: What is COBRA continuation health coverage? Congress passed the landmark Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) health benefit provisions in 1986. The law amends the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, the Internal Revenue Code and the Public Health Service Act to provide continuation of group health coverage that otherwise might be terminated. Q2: What does COBRA do? COBRA provides certain former employees, retirees, spouses, former spouses, and dependent ...

Landmark MTs
Jan 29, 2011

After the flurry of posts on this board this week regarding Landmark and then doing more research on my own in the archives on Landmark, I have decided to move on.  I am an employee of Landmark also.  I believe where there is smoke, there is fire to follow.  I have not seen what others are saying, but the lack of communication I have experienced and I am a person who do not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.  So,  I am finding another job and I suggest everyone on th ...

Landmark??
Jan 31, 2011

The other day I was roaming through the site and saw some very irritated MTs that were talking about Landmark, lack of communication, insurance issues, etc.  Can someone please tell me which Landmark this is?  I believe there are two.  ...

Landmark QA
Sep 29, 2011

For anyone who works at Landmark, I was just wondering how long is the norm for being on 100% QA? I've exceed my 90-day period and am still on 100% QA. Most of my reports come back clean with exception of a period or an a/an, or something simple along those lines. ...

Landmark Job Ad
Oct 09, 2011

Does anyone know if the job ad Landmark posted recently (oncology) is a new account for them? I have read on here so many posts about how the MTs there say they don't have enough work and was wondering if this account is a new one so there actually would be work to do? I would like to apply but don't want to waste my time if there isn't enough work in the first place.  Thanks for your help. ...

Landmark Really? Sm
Nov 30, 2011

Landmark posting for radiology jobs?  I work for them and barely have any work.  Please look at the people you already have hired before you hire more.  That's why people don't stay.  I'd love to work there full time, but this has become my part time, back up account because I'm making so little money.  So frustrating.  Who else is working there currently for radiology?  I'd love to hear from you.  ...

Does Landmark Use.
Dec 21, 2011

Hi, Does Landmark use the BOS3? Thanks. ...