A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Got a reply from ScribeRight, Suggestions Anyone? - cptcookie

Posted: May 11, 2012

Ok, so I heard some great things about ScribeRight so I sent them my resume via their website. I got a reply back today, asking me a couple simple questions about my skills and also sent 4 files to transcribe (3 sound pretty easy, 1 will be hard for me since I have no experience in that field, Onc).

My question is....is it worth it to move? The company I currently work for (and have for many years) is 0.045 SRT/.07 straight typing. My pay scale has consistently gone down the last 2 years (surprise!) and I'm pretty fed up with the terrible pay now, working twice as much to get paid the same as just a few years ago.

Also, I would MUCH rather make the move to data migration or EMR instead of continuing transcription/editing. Should I ask ScribeRight about doing DMT/EMR instead of completing the transcription test?

I just don't want to make the switch to another company just to find myself in the same situation a year from now.

Data Migration... - Temporary

[ In Reply To ..]
The data migration positions for ScribeRight are temporary contract positions set to end in October, unless they get another contract by then.

yeah, was told there was a lot of work to keep DM busy for a long - time, but you have to read, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
between the lines. What are they going to do tell everyone it's only a temporary job. If they do not get another contract with someone else needing data migration, then the gig is up. I consider it a little extra money.

I asked during interview....sm - Temporary

[ In Reply To ..]
During the interview I asked how long the job was expected to last. She told me until around October. I accepted the position anyway knowing it would end in several months and I'd be back to job hunting again. The company did say they were looking for another account, but at this time nothing is confirmed and our jobs are not guaranteed once this current contract is finished.
I really hope they get more accounts - love working there! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

My pay scale is half of what it was. Stay where you are. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
My pay has consistent gone down and lost benefits and cannot continue benefits because of not making line count due to low work and overstaffing. It is pretty much like that for transcription.

This biz is so backwards! Most fields pay you - MORE for working harder, not LESS!!! nm

[ In Reply To ..]

ScribeRight is a great place to work even if - DMT position might be temp - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
From what I've heard, they are looking for a new contract, based on how well they have accomplished the promised dates on the current contract. I believe they are in the process of securing more work, but that is only my opinion. I'm definitely glad I accepted this position, as it is one of the better places I've ever worked. I like everything about this place!! :-) Good Luck with your decision

Similar Messages:

ScribeRight - Any New Info On ScribeRight
Jan 04, 2012

Any new info on ScribeRight out of Washington?  ...

If You Are An IC For TTS, Please Reply....
Mar 23, 2010

Do you feel you are getting a good rate, and most importantly, do you set your hours?  Do you work weekends, etc.?  I am wondering how flexible they are for ICs.  Thanks! ...

Please Reply!
Mar 24, 2012

I was wondering if anyone would know of a company that would hire someone that is enrolled in their medical transcription courses? ...

Reply To SM
Dec 13, 2012

You are without a doubt the rudest and most negative person I have ever met. for your information, I have been a medical transcriptionist since 1988, 24 years. How dare you call me a snail typist when you don't even know me?!!!!Also, telling me not to come here and gripe well ain't that the pot calling the kettle black!!! All I see on this site is griping. But I see this is only for the select few. I hope you have a very negative Christmas as that is what you seem to enjoy the most. ...

No Reply From TSM
Nov 12, 2013

Gettin' a bit tired of never hearing back from my TSM about something that I've been trying to get an answer on now for over a week.  Very aggravated!!!!! ...

Scriberight?
Jun 23, 2010

Anyone know anything about them?  Only US employees utilized but wondered about the people, helpful? Punitive QA? Schedule? Money? Thanks in advance. ...

Thanks A Lot, ScribeRight
Dec 02, 2011

Thanks for ruining my Christmas and wasting my time. ...

ScribeRight DMT
Jun 04, 2012

Please tell me there are other DMTs out there who didn't meet the 98% QA score?! I'm so disappointed in myself!  I love this job and hope I can bump up my score.  Feeling like a horrible DMT right now! ...

Scriberight BS
Oct 11, 2012

Have any of the other DMTs noticed that when there is a "big push" and we can "work all the hours we want" that as soon as that wave is done, then a "glitch" comes up in the work where we don't have any work for a few days? This is getting to be BS. ...

ScribeRight DMT's
Oct 22, 2012

For those who are DMT's at ScribeRight, do you think there will be more work after this project ends? I am wondering if I should be planning for no more work in a few months and if I should take on another job. ...

Oracle Reply?
Sep 30, 2010

For anyone who applied to Oracle last week, did you get any kind of reply?  I called their office and the receptionist said she was looking over many aps and would be hearing from her, but nothing.  ...

How Long Does It Usually Take To Get A Reply
May 16, 2011

I recently graduated and have applied to three jobs that accept newbies. My first application went in last week, they replied and asked me to go through the application testing. I turned it in on thursday and i know it takes time but im really anxious. ...

Ever Get A Reply By Email?
Apr 25, 2012

It's management trying to figure out who you are? but maybe I'm just being paranoid. ...

Posting A Reply
Mar 03, 2014

I feel dumb having to ask this, as I'm usually pretty good with navigating sites and figuring things out on my own.  How does one go about posting a reply, or replying to a post that gives no email or contact info? ...

Here's A Reply I Posted........
Jan 25, 2015

.....entitled "Tell us about your stressful job."  I'm sure it won't help our cause, but BOY DID IT MAKE ME FEEL GOOD!: Do some research on medical transcription! It used to be a very respected position, and we were paid a decent wage. Nowadays, with pressure from government to cut costs or lose reimbursement, most facilities have dismissed their transcriptionists and have outsourced to transcription companies that pay transcriptionists a fraction of what we made working for fac ...

Reply To My Resignation....
Apr 15, 2015

After all the Fiesa I have reviewed for free...all the ! emails I have read and responded to immediately for free....all the time I have spent checking my email for a response to an email I sent, never to hear a response, for free....all the reversals I have requested on my own time....all the time I spent just last Christmas alone checking for work that never came ...the countless hours I have spent waiting for work and coming back to check over and over again.....the time I have spent switchin ...

Anyone Ever Worked For Scriberight?
Oct 16, 2009

I used to work for them and I am just disgusted. They nit pick you to death over every detail and expect your work to be perfect, but they don't want to pay you anymore than the average job. Just wondering if anyone else had been with them? ...

Anyone Ever Heard Of Scriberight?
Nov 02, 2009

Any info on this company would be great. ...

ScribeRight - Good/Bad
Jan 25, 2011

I sent a resume and was invited to test. Just wondering what opinions are out there regarding them. Thx. ...

ScribeRight To Stay Away
Nov 07, 2011

Everyone's best bet if you see something posted by ScribeRight to stay away.  They are unorganized and what they say and do are two different things.  Would not recommend them. ...

Thank You, ScribeRight! Best Company EVER!
Dec 23, 2011

Thank you for caring about your employees.  Thank you for looking out for us.  Thank you for all  you have done to make us feel appreciated!  By far the best company I have worked for EVER!  ...

ScribeRight - Any Info
Dec 31, 2011

Any info on this company...good and bad....thanks much! ...

Avoid Scriberight
Jan 23, 2012

Mass hire and then run out of work and by that, I mean completely out, not just slow work. What a joke!!! ...

Did Any Other ScribeRight DMTs Get Their First
May 29, 2012

How do you feel about how you scored? ...

What Are All The Ex-ScribeRight DMTs Going To Do?
Jul 11, 2012

I'm curious to know what you all are going to do for a job now?  I've decided to get out of this business entirely and go back to school and finish my degree.  So sick of this industry. ...

Is The ScribeRight Project Over?
Feb 28, 2013

nm ...

Versio By ScribeRight
Mar 19, 2014

I tested and invited to interview for this company but can't find any info.  They are paying hourly for a short-term project.  Does anyone have any recent experience with this company?  I'm getting a little leary now days - I also responded to an ad for "Glo Transcription" but saw a post they are a scam (no website or anything).  At least Versio has a website but would still like to hear from someone who has worked for them, good or bad.  Thank you. ...

Acct. Mgrs Who Don't Reply!!
Apr 19, 2011

I've typed reports that never show up and when I ask about it I get NO answers from anyone.  I'm so sick of this company. ...

Does Anyone EVER Hear From Job Postings That You Reply To?
Dec 01, 2011

I have responded to several job postings and have not heard back from ANY of them?  I have many years experience and in most cases over qualified for the work.  I am willing to work evenings and weekends.  What is wrong with this picture?  ...

Fox Transcription Application Reply
Sep 12, 2012

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes for Fox Transcription to reply as to whether or not you passed the application process?   ...