A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

FutureNet Tech - flowerchild

Posted: Dec 16, 2014

I was hired by FNT a couple of months ago and have found their editing platform less than ideal as it relates to production.  It's awkward and cumberson, allowing neither keyboard or mouse proficiency; it's a bad combination of both. I'm wondering if anyone out there has worked at FutureNet and found the secret to making money with their no-name platform that's Word based but does not allow auto-correct and has reassigned Word keyboard commands for their own use. Also, after 2 months I'm still on 100% review (after 22 years in the transcription business, the last 11 of which was as a QA). The only feedback I've had has been relative to the demos/report infomation screen and not to the report itself.  So it's been feedback x4 in two months.   I think unless something changes pretty soon, I'll be on the road again. Thanks.

so true - NotNewMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I understand your frustration. For a company that is supposedly loaded with technical wizards, the MTs/MEs are given some of the worst platforms to use.

I personally have not found any secrets or tricks to making money on either of the VR platforms. I think the M-Modal platform is actually the least productive of the two.

As for QA feedback, this company has always been more concerned about demographics and you will never get any pertinent feedback about blanks left in the report itself unless you specifically ask for something on a report. You should have been off QA after X amount of reports. Someone has just not cleared you for some reason. I would ask about this by calling the supervisor (A) or head QA person (L).

I am actually only sticking with this company part time because I am so tired of looking for another place to work and I have found outside work to try to pay the bills until I can retire.

Best wishes and I hope you find a better company to work for in regards to production and income.

FN - OldsterMT

[ In Reply To ..]
There's a lot of information in the archives about this company, none of it very flattering.

Of course, it's a very short list of good companies these days.

Worst and most poorly run company I ever worked for. sm - Sheila

[ In Reply To ..]
FN has gone down, down, down. I found their QA to be almost nonexistent as far as feedback. Also, the "transcription supervisor" was not a transcriptionist. Why do companies do this? Of what use is this to an MT. Bottom line, you can't make any money, the company is poorly run, and they are bullies.

Similar Messages:

FUTURENET TECH NOT PAYING
Jan 28, 2011

Did anyone else get the run around from the accounting department at FutureNet Tech today?   They normally pay every other Friday but when no deposit showed up and I inquired, the accounting department first said it would be a little later that normal then when pressed further for exactly when should I expect the pay I have been promised (promised to be paid today!) I was told it would be available tomorrow.   This is not a good sign and while I would rather like to believe t ...

FutureNet Tech Direct Deposit
Jan 28, 2011

Anyone else not get paid via direct deposit today? The gal in payroll has not replied to my email and wondering what is going on.  ...

Futurenet Group Vs Futurenet Technologies
Jul 15, 2011

FutureNet Technologies is based out of California.  Futurenet Group is separate and apart from but using a similar name.  Be aware and do your homework people. ...

Advice Please - EKG Tech/EMR Tech
Jan 13, 2015

For anyone out there working in these fields, I would love a little advice, please.  I am able to take a program in either EKG tech or EMR tech.  I just do not know which to choose!  The programs are through a local college and both prepar for certification exams.  I am interested in both, however, it is a matter of which has the better opportunity to obtain a job.  Thank you. :) ...

Futurenet Group/FutureNet
Jun 09, 2010

Is the ad for Futurenet Group the same company as FutureNet?  ...

Need Tech Help Please
Jan 31, 2013

I signed up for a free college course on Coursera and it says I cannot view the assignment becuase I have Internet explorer 9. It says I need to use Google Chrome or Firefox or Safari. Will this change everything on my computer? I dont like "change" and I am freaked out about putting something on my computer and then not being able to find what I need or whatever. If I put one of these on my computer, can I remove it? Will it change everything drastically? Is there a way around it? I am s ...

FutureNet - What Is Up With Them
Jun 11, 2010

Not sure what is up with them.  They have several ads again but there is absolutely no work for us long timers.  Suspect they are hiring newbies and paying less to get the work done.  BTW, do not ever expect an increase in line rate.  You will NEVER get one.  Also do not expect to attain those bonuses they talk about in the ads - they have now made it impossiible to reach that level by maknig work unavailable, once you get close to making the bonus you can expect to see no work available ...

Futurenet...
Aug 01, 2011

How is Futurenet (Futurenet Technologies located in California) to work for?  Is there plenty of work or do you have no work on a regular basis?  How is administration?  Do they make you stick to a specific schedule?  Are they truly an American only company? Whatever information you can share will be appreciated...don't want to jump from the frying pan into the fire!  :) ...

Futurenet???
Sep 14, 2011

How's the workload for everyone else? Mine STINKS!!!!  And then I get a warning email about my direct deposit.  Excuse me? ...

If Anyone On Here Uses FutureNet
Sep 25, 2012

Wondering if anyone on here uses FutureNet (possibly the glitchiest, most annoying transcription software ever created).  I use it at work.  When I started using it, it seemed to have a pretty good medical dictionary in it -- recognized all the medical terminology and almost all of the drugs, so I ASSUMED that all that was included.  So now we have a newbie, and when SHE uses FutureNet, it marks every single drug as an error (red wavy line), as well as all the medical terms.  I'm to ...

Former Futurenet
Jan 08, 2014

The ding at the end of the report.  I know it's crazy but it was strangely comforting.  Ding! you are done! Now sometimes I have to look at the slider (atrocious orange versus comforting Futurenet blue) to be sure I am at the end and not just playing dead silence.    What do my former Futurenet buddies miss? ...

Tech Help With Escription
Jan 06, 2010

What are your computer specs? DH brought up a good question tonight. I have recently moved from my old faithful with 80 MB hard drive with 512 memory to 380 GB hard drive with 3 MB memory. i have had nothing but problems with Escription and not making my lines. I can't just use the shortcut keys and I can't use my expander. DH stated maybe I don't have what I need in the computer to make things work correctly (this coming from someone who never touched one in his life!).&nbs ...

Tech Probs
Jan 21, 2010

Anyone having problems in DQscribe?  I get a box that gives me a countdown til reboot time.  Just wonderin.  ...

Tech Support And The MT
May 12, 2010

Ok I have a question for any of you who have been in the field for a while or even new to the field like myself. I have just finished training recently and I have been searching for a job and I was offered a contract postion at a decent little company(*Name withheld) which I am in the process of considering, however I am hearing that this company is thinking of not offering full time tech support and expecting me to install and configure my own software and if I have a problem with my install th ...

Trans Tech Pay
Aug 23, 2010

Does anyone know about what Trans Tech pays per line for second shift very experienced acute care employees?  Really need to know.  Thanks ...

Tech Board Help Please
Jan 31, 2012

Could you some help with Inqscribe problem.  TIA ...

DocShuttle Tech Help
Sep 10, 2012

Hi, I keep getting error message #11004 on DocShuttle Transcriptionist. It was working this morning and now I cannot connect to server. I tried resetting the program and my computer with no help. I'm stupmed. I couldn't find anything on their website and am waiting on tech support to contact me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :) ...

Radiology Tech Job?
Dec 05, 2012

Does anybody know what is involved in becoming a radiology tech? You know, doing mammos, CTs, etc.  I know one needs schooling, but is there a lot of math, geometry, spatial stuff, and things like that?  I am NOT good in those things, so I don't want to invest any time or  money trying to do something that I know I'm not good at. Thanks, just checking into other careers besides this!   ...

Pharmacy Tech?
Jan 17, 2013

Need a job that does not require longterm training/education commitment as I am approaching age 60. I'm finished with MT, after 30+ yrs. Anyone have experience with pharm tech? Thanks, ladies. ...

Tech Support
Jun 27, 2013

Had the occasion to call tech support this a.m.  I found them to be quite helpful and extremely fast in solving my problem.  Great experience.  I was impressed with their manners and speed. ...

Tech People
Oct 11, 2014

Honestly, why is it that tech wants to make an MTs' life miserable. Just got a new thing to fill out and I cannot open it. I have never used Excel if that is what it is. My computer has no program for me to open it. At any rate, I wonder why these people have to make things so hard. This new computer, a Windows 7 (which I had to have to do my work) is so complicated now. You don't get these other programs like you did on the other computers. You have to buy Word, Excel ...

FutureNet Info?
Dec 16, 2009

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could give me information on this company, especially pay rates, platform, whether it's easy to make lines or not, and all the usual stuff.  Email if you feel more comfortable sharing in that way. Thanks! ~KV ...

What VR Platform FutureNet Uses
Mar 17, 2010

Does anyone know what VR platform FutureNet uses and what they pay for VR work? ...

Futurenet, I Really Do Not Get It. What Am I Missing? Sm
Apr 02, 2010

I recently went back there part-time to supplement my day job after quitting because I got real tired of the highly fluctuating work flows.  My husband really pushed me to do this because we needed the extra money.  Once again, there is never any work for me to do, and yet they are hiring again?  Saying they need 2nd and 3rd shift?  That's what I do.  I'm not even going to bother trying to talk to them about it, because I already tried that and got nothing back ...

FutureNet In California
May 13, 2010

Does anyone presently work for or in the recent past worked for FutureNet out of California? They are currently hiring and I would like to know of anyone's experience working for them either as an MT or an Editor. Do they have plenty of work, pay on time, nice to work for, is the pay rate decent, etc.  Yes, I have searched the Archives, but would like more recent information if available. Thanks in advance to anyone who can supply this. ...

FutureNet Interview
Jun 02, 2010

Hi group!  I have a job interview with Rita at Futurenet tomorrow.  The reason I am looking is I am really tired of constantly running out of work because my company over hired and now we transcriptionists are just out of luck!  I am in my 4th year with my current job and suddenly can barely hit $100 a day.  This is really sad when there is no loyalty to their employees.  Now from what I have been reading Futurenet is the same???  I read from this group how they run ...

Has Anyone Had Experience With FutureNet And
Dec 20, 2010

and are they a scam? ...

FutureNet Is Hiring?
Feb 01, 2011

I just posted this on the wrong board (Job Seekers, what an idiot I am).  Anyway, I'll try again here.  Does anyone know if the position FutureNet is hiring for is for an oncology account or acute care?  I would like to apply but not sure I am qualified.  I'm looking for hem/onc job.  This is sort of confusing to me.  I have never seen a company ask for acute care experience if it is for oncology transcription.  Any information would be appreciated. ...

What Are Your Experiences With FutureNet?
Feb 02, 2011

So, other than your paycheck being a few days late last week, what are your experiences with FutureNet?  Good, bad?  How is the pay?  They're advertising for a job and I'm thinking of applying.  Thanks for the help! ...

Is FutureNet Having Enough Work Now?
Mar 30, 2011

Is FutureNet having enough work now?  Are they hiring? ...