A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does Accentus only pay for black characters? nm - mqmt

Posted: Jun 08, 2012

nm

That would be correct. - mt..nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Accentus doesn't pay headers/footers either (or copies) nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

$0.05 Per 43 Visible Black Characters?
Mar 29, 2010

Exactly what does that end up being translated into a usual 65 character line with spaces?    I'm feeling like I need a math degree to figure out what I'm going to get paid lately.  ...

Saw A Job Offer For .05 Per 45 Black Characters?
Apr 11, 2010

This pay sounds horrible. ...

Pay Per Characters?
Mar 18, 2013

I have been offered a job where the dictation comes through in audio minutes. The pay they have offered is per every so many characters. Characters are easy to find in Word, but how do I figure out what that pay equals in minutes or hours per audio? Thanks to anyone who knows what I'm trying to say. LOL ...

Line Pay/characters
Mar 25, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the benefits of getting paid based on character count is versus line pay? How should that be computed? ...

Amphion Characters
Dec 24, 2011

I have seen threads that state they were making more $$$ with Amphion even though they pay characters without spaces. Makes no sense, but if dictation is better that certainly would be possible. Anyone working there care to comment on this subject (especially working on Escription)? ...

Wrong Characters
May 15, 2012

I am desperate for any solutions to this problem and I am hoping some kind individual can offer advice. When I am typing in the platform I use, report will be going welll when suddenly the wrong characers start typing.  This does not happen in my own documents such as Word Pad.  The problem seems to be only in the platform I am using for transcription.   Has anyone experienced something similar?  Solution?   Many thanks in advance.   ...

How Many Characters With Spaces Is A Line, Pls
May 19, 2015

I'm thinking 36, but want to make sure..I was bored today and kept track of pretty much everything I did that I don't get paid for, wish I could include time on google looking up information..But ...

Would You Work For $0.05 A Line, Based On 65-characters With Spaces?
Nov 13, 2009

I have been offered a job with a company for clinic notes, which are the easiest.  As far as schedule goes, I just have to complete it w/in 24-hours.  So the kicker is, the pay is $0.05 a line, based on 65 characters with spaces.  They only pay once a month.  They also use Microsoft counter as well, which I am not sure if that is good or bad.  Would you take this position? ...

Nuance Line Counts Are Not Based On 65 Characters
Apr 28, 2012

I have heard that Nuance line counts are not based on 65 characters.  Does anyone know what the actual length of the lines would be?   Thanks ...

Lines Based On Characters With No Spaces, Throughts?
Jul 19, 2013

I just got a transcription job and am being paid with Word Count characters without spaces. I was told I would be making 9 cpl but when I figure out the spaces, it's around 7 cpl. Your thoughts on this please. Thanks. ...

Line Counts - Umber Of Characters And Spaces And Divide By 65
Jun 12, 2013

Can someone help me out here ?  I have forgotten the purpose of this.  I work for a company that does transcription in Microsoft Word.  Of course you can check your line counts in word, but this company says that isn't right and we have to take the number of characters and spaces and divide by 65 and that is our line count, which is always less than what Word says.  Can anybody remember why it's different?  Thanks. ...

Black Sponge Used In I&D
Jul 23, 2011

Anyone ever typed a black sponge in surgery?  I listened for "lap" and "lac" but I really hear "black."   Context:  "We took another rim of skin about a centimeter wider inferiorly until it bled well, as well.  This was controlled with electrocautery.  The area was then pulse-irrigated.  A medium size black sponge was placed over top of this.  The more tangential excision was covered with a wound VAC, sponge that had been tangentially shaven in half, and the entire area activated after ...

Black Out Days ---Ugh
Jul 02, 2013

Tried to submit a PDO a month in advance and got the screen showing dates blacked out.  I know it is summer, but give it a break.  I really, really need/want this day off.  Now do I try to negotiate with my manager or do I feel a fever coming on?  ...

Since When Has Halloween Become A Black-out Day?
Oct 25, 2013

Tried to take off much needed time for personal issues that suddenly arose and happened to include Halloween.  Was denied because it's a "black-out" day!  WTH?!! I don't celebrate Halloween but I do have much needed things that need attention and can't possibly put off because of this miserable minimum wage POS job.  Taking it off anyway.  Guess I'll get "sick" instead.  How I would love to walk into the TSM office and give her the finger.  ...

VBC (visible Black Character)
Jan 02, 2010

When did this start to happen??  By my calculations, you stand to lose 20-30% of your income.  If you have to type a space, why wouldn't you expect to be paid for it???  For me, VBC stands for "victim by choice," which I refuse to be. ...

Medication For Black Tongue
Jun 03, 2010

Doctor has a patient with a black tongue secondary to medication.  He gives her a prescritpion for what s/l "mycolatrocious" to apply q.i.d. to the tongue.  I rarely have a med I can't find but this one has me stumped!  Any suggestions?? ...

Visible Black Chacters
Mar 26, 2012

I am seeing some companies pay based on VBC but the line counts vary greatly.  Does anyone get paid this way and what is considered decent.  I have seen 5cpl for 43 character lines but have also seen 7 cpl for a 65 character line.  Help! ...

Black Screen Of Death?
Jul 12, 2012

? ...

Citrix Black Screen
Apr 01, 2013

Anyone out there use Citrix and get a black screen instead of log in screen? Any help greatly appreciated!! ...

Wondering? New Company Working For Counts 65 Characters Per Line. Is This Normal? Seems High To
Nov 11, 2009

NM ...

Politically Correct - AA Versus Black
Feb 15, 2012

Do you change "black" to African American?  ...

IRS DEFINITION-IC STATUS BLACK & WHITE
Jul 10, 2012

Independent Contractor Defined   People such as doctors, dentists, veterinarians, lawyers, accountants, contractors, subcontractors, public stenographers, or auctioneers who are in an independent trade, business, or profession in which they offer their services to the general public are generally independent contractors. However, whether these people are independent contractors or employees depends on the facts in each case. The general rule is that an individu ...

Is There Any Truth To A No-hire Black List?
Mar 19, 2014

I have worked for 20+ years with two companies and had good reviews and made good money.  No problems with meeting production.  Left one of the big 2 companies last January after pay cuts, nothing nasty, I just kindly and sincerely expressed my opinion why I was leaving.  Since then I've applied with 3 or 4 other companies, was told by one I was on *do not hire list*, but was never given a reason why.  Is there something I can do here?  I'm a good employee and ...

Diamond/black Sand Anemia? Anyone Heard Of This?
Oct 16, 2009

x ...

Paid For Spaces Versus Black Character Only
Apr 05, 2010

Just as an experiment...With Saince I typed about 12-13 reports, typed one that was 18 minutes long in the midst of the others.  It equaled a little over 400 lines (it was under 420). Now, with a job that pays for spaces, I typed one report 12 min long - 126 lines.  Typing 10 reports, I hit 424 lines. The Saince reports were standard type, most 1-1/2 to 2 pages long...ONLY 400 lines???  Most of the ones I just did this morning for another company were mostly 1 page long, VR, dis ...

Question Regarding IT And Cerner/RDE Radiology (black Screen)
Jun 17, 2010

There are probably only a few people who have used this system.  Hopefully, they come onto this board and have used IT with Cerner/RDE (black screen). When I maximize my RDE screen (black), the font is perfect.  However, when I attach my word expander (Instant Text) to it, the screen minimizes and the font goes from perfect to just barely visible.  Anyone out there using Cerner RDE and IT together who can help me? Thank you, comrades :) ...

Smartype - A Black Box At The Top The Screen (in Word 2007)
Mar 05, 2011

I just started Instant Text with Smartype added.  Now I have a black box at the top the screen (in Word 2007) with what apparently is part of the smart line in it (it lists the 1,2,3 etc).  Does anyone know how to get that to go to the bottom of the screen under the smart line.  I've already tried smart line preferences and that did not help.  ...

Escription Editing SR Leaving Black Lines
Dec 23, 2014

Hi, has anyone ever had problems with Escription when you are editing leaving black marked out lines when you backspace or use the delete button in the text?  ...

You Know Those Little Black Sponge Pads That Go Over The Round Type Headsets??.....
Sep 13, 2011

Does anyone know where to get GOOD quality ones?  I've been suckered TWICE by buying them online---they are these little thin things that break every single time before I can get them over the ear piece.   The only ones I've found so far that are good are the ones that come with the headset, but I don't want to buy a new headset every time I just need new pads.  I'd be so appreciative for advice on where to get good quality ones.  TIA!!!  ...

Line Counting Software - 65 Characters Per Line
Sep 29, 2010

I need help with a software line counting program.  Excel is acceptable, but I am not sure how to use that aspect.  Any help would be appreciated.  This is for 65 characters per line with no spaces.  Can't that be done in Microsoft Word as well? ...