A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medication for black tongue - Jdjdraw

Posted: Jun 03, 2010

Doctor has a patient with a black tongue secondary to medication.  He gives her a prescritpion for what s/l "mycolatrocious" to apply q.i.d. to the tongue. 

I rarely have a med I can't find but this one has me stumped!  Any suggestions??

Mycelex Troches, perhaps? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Medication for black tongue - Jdjdraw

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, yes yes! Thank you so much!

Similar Messages:

Asking Somewhat Tongue In Cheek, But Is There
Jul 15, 2014

a company out there who really does care about its employees/ICs?  I have worked for so many that just do not care.....:((( ...

Does This Sound Right? Bulk In His Tongue?
Oct 20, 2009

He has fairly normal bulk in his tongue, but has very clear fasciculations. Direct testing of strength of his tongue is normal. Extraocular movements are full.   I thought it was tone, but it sure sounds liek he says tongue ...

S/l The Faran Shows A Smooth Tongue
Mar 28, 2010

This is a physical exam and the word is broke up ...

Tongue Tied --- S/l Salitic Or Salidic Or Cyalitic
Jul 20, 2011

Regarding an abscess, doctor says: this may have been there for longer than 24 hours as it appeared that there were somechronic overlying skin changes on the wound. However, given the overlying {salytic}changes as well as the manifestations of fever, he was started on Keflex. ...

Black Sponge Used In I&D
Jul 23, 2011

Anyone ever typed a black sponge in surgery?  I listened for "lap" and "lac" but I really hear "black."   Context:  "We took another rim of skin about a centimeter wider inferiorly until it bled well, as well.  This was controlled with electrocautery.  The area was then pulse-irrigated.  A medium size black sponge was placed over top of this.  The more tangential excision was covered with a wound VAC, sponge that had been tangentially shaven in half, and the entire area activated after ...

Black Out Days ---Ugh
Jul 02, 2013

Tried to submit a PDO a month in advance and got the screen showing dates blacked out.  I know it is summer, but give it a break.  I really, really need/want this day off.  Now do I try to negotiate with my manager or do I feel a fever coming on?  ...

Since When Has Halloween Become A Black-out Day?
Oct 25, 2013

Tried to take off much needed time for personal issues that suddenly arose and happened to include Halloween.  Was denied because it's a "black-out" day!  WTH?!! I don't celebrate Halloween but I do have much needed things that need attention and can't possibly put off because of this miserable minimum wage POS job.  Taking it off anyway.  Guess I'll get "sick" instead.  How I would love to walk into the TSM office and give her the finger.  ...

VBC (visible Black Character)
Jan 02, 2010

When did this start to happen??  By my calculations, you stand to lose 20-30% of your income.  If you have to type a space, why wouldn't you expect to be paid for it???  For me, VBC stands for "victim by choice," which I refuse to be. ...

$0.05 Per 43 Visible Black Characters?
Mar 29, 2010

Exactly what does that end up being translated into a usual 65 character line with spaces?    I'm feeling like I need a math degree to figure out what I'm going to get paid lately.  ...

Saw A Job Offer For .05 Per 45 Black Characters?
Apr 11, 2010

This pay sounds horrible. ...

Visible Black Chacters
Mar 26, 2012

I am seeing some companies pay based on VBC but the line counts vary greatly.  Does anyone get paid this way and what is considered decent.  I have seen 5cpl for 43 character lines but have also seen 7 cpl for a 65 character line.  Help! ...

Does Accentus Only Pay For Black Characters? Nm
Jun 08, 2012

nm ...

Black Screen Of Death?
Jul 12, 2012

? ...

Citrix Black Screen
Apr 01, 2013

Anyone out there use Citrix and get a black screen instead of log in screen? Any help greatly appreciated!! ...

Politically Correct - AA Versus Black
Feb 15, 2012

Do you change "black" to African American?  ...

IRS DEFINITION-IC STATUS BLACK & WHITE
Jul 10, 2012

Independent Contractor Defined   People such as doctors, dentists, veterinarians, lawyers, accountants, contractors, subcontractors, public stenographers, or auctioneers who are in an independent trade, business, or profession in which they offer their services to the general public are generally independent contractors. However, whether these people are independent contractors or employees depends on the facts in each case. The general rule is that an individu ...

Is There Any Truth To A No-hire Black List?
Mar 19, 2014

I have worked for 20+ years with two companies and had good reviews and made good money.  No problems with meeting production.  Left one of the big 2 companies last January after pay cuts, nothing nasty, I just kindly and sincerely expressed my opinion why I was leaving.  Since then I've applied with 3 or 4 other companies, was told by one I was on *do not hire list*, but was never given a reason why.  Is there something I can do here?  I'm a good employee and ...

S/l "Hawkins Wright" Examination For Base Of Tongue, Epiglottis, AE Folds.
Jun 08, 2010

Hawkins Wright examination performed today revealed a normal appearing base of tongue, epiglottis, AE folds, arytenoids, false vocal cords, and true vocals cords with normal true vocal cord movement.   ...

On Neuro Exam: Pretty Clearly Says "pal Pupil" Raise Is Symmetric. Tongue Protrusion Is
Apr 13, 2011

Shoulder shrug is symmetric.  Romberg is negative.  He has no dysmetria.  ...

Diamond/black Sand Anemia? Anyone Heard Of This?
Oct 16, 2009

x ...

Paid For Spaces Versus Black Character Only
Apr 05, 2010

Just as an experiment...With Saince I typed about 12-13 reports, typed one that was 18 minutes long in the midst of the others.  It equaled a little over 400 lines (it was under 420). Now, with a job that pays for spaces, I typed one report 12 min long - 126 lines.  Typing 10 reports, I hit 424 lines. The Saince reports were standard type, most 1-1/2 to 2 pages long...ONLY 400 lines???  Most of the ones I just did this morning for another company were mostly 1 page long, VR, dis ...

Question Regarding IT And Cerner/RDE Radiology (black Screen)
Jun 17, 2010

There are probably only a few people who have used this system.  Hopefully, they come onto this board and have used IT with Cerner/RDE (black screen). When I maximize my RDE screen (black), the font is perfect.  However, when I attach my word expander (Instant Text) to it, the screen minimizes and the font goes from perfect to just barely visible.  Anyone out there using Cerner RDE and IT together who can help me? Thank you, comrades :) ...

Smartype - A Black Box At The Top The Screen (in Word 2007)
Mar 05, 2011

I just started Instant Text with Smartype added.  Now I have a black box at the top the screen (in Word 2007) with what apparently is part of the smart line in it (it lists the 1,2,3 etc).  Does anyone know how to get that to go to the bottom of the screen under the smart line.  I've already tried smart line preferences and that did not help.  ...

Escription Editing SR Leaving Black Lines
Dec 23, 2014

Hi, has anyone ever had problems with Escription when you are editing leaving black marked out lines when you backspace or use the delete button in the text?  ...

You Know Those Little Black Sponge Pads That Go Over The Round Type Headsets??.....
Sep 13, 2011

Does anyone know where to get GOOD quality ones?  I've been suckered TWICE by buying them online---they are these little thin things that break every single time before I can get them over the ear piece.   The only ones I've found so far that are good are the ones that come with the headset, but I don't want to buy a new headset every time I just need new pads.  I'd be so appreciative for advice on where to get good quality ones.  TIA!!!  ...

"Tongue Has A S/l Gworfitis Appearance."
Nov 14, 2009

This patient has a very sore throat and very red oral mucosa.  The doc says "The tongue has a s/l gworfitis appearance."  I am stumped.  This doctor is from India and does not tend to mix up "r" and "l" sounds as do some of the Asian dictators. Anyone know what this could be? I long for the days of "beefy red tongue"... ...

"non-Hispanic Black Male" ??
Dec 02, 2012

Is there a reason to dictate what race someone is not?  ...

BP Medication S/l Ass Ee Uh
Nov 07, 2009

s/l   ass ee up ...

Medication Name Help Please
Dec 27, 2009

This is an ER visit for a pt in because her debrillator "fired".  Hx of MI, CAD, htn, high cholesterol.  The med is on her allergies list.  Sounds like "Topiglide." ...

URI Medication?
Jan 19, 2010

Doctor is dictating a medication almost assuredly for a URI -- s/l "Ultahist/Altahist liquid". I actually had this question in the past and no one was able to help or just didn't see my post. Any help would be appreciated. TIA ...