A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Amphion characters - Mightmove

Posted: Dec 24, 2011

I have seen threads that state they were making more $$$ with Amphion even though they pay characters without spaces. Makes no sense, but if dictation is better that certainly would be possible. Anyone working there care to comment on this subject (especially working on Escription)?

Not with their system - I wish

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish I made more $$$ but with their weird way of figuring out line counts I do not make more money there. I have to type 20,000 lines there to hit their 10,000 line requirement and if I don't them I'm in their minimum wage requirement but then I need their insurance, but then you have to be careful to stay out of minimum wage or you aren't considered FT and could lose the insurance, it's a viscious circle. Then 1 bad day and you chase yourself the rest of the pay period to catch up. I work a PT job as well and sometimes I can make more there because they pay straight for your lines, no weird stuff in figuring line count, but they have no insurance. Only company I have ever worked for where they do this line count thing.

Amphion - I wish, too!

[ In Reply To ..]
I concur with I wish's post. I've been an MT for 12 years, a very high producer with the previous company I worked for and that was with difficult ESL dictators. Amphion seduced me with their kindness and great communication, but I have also found it very difficult to reach 20,000 lines to reach the 10,000 goal. I have great accounts with clear dications and easy platform, but they obviously have a crazy way of calculating the lines. Like the previous post said, one bad day and you are screwed. I type like a mad woman all day and night and barely make above minimum wage. I have excellent audits, too. I'm looking for another job. Can't survive on this.

Same here - Discouraged

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree too. Not to mention there has been no work to get requirements even with many accounts for weeks now. IMHO, communication, WHEN it is returned is not that great either. They are human and allowed to make mistakes, but by golly you better not. I am looking to leave ASAP too. I don't trust their line counts.
Same here - Also discouraged
[ In Reply To ..]
If anyone can tell me how they figure out their line counts I would appreciate it. I have been trying to figure it out for over a year now.

Amphion lines/insurance - myswendy

[ In Reply To ..]
I was considering applying for Amphion, as I need a change. I am a very high producer. But I was shocked when I saw that they require 12,000 lines every 2 weeks OR ELSE YOU DON'T GET PTO for that time period! I can imagine having something personal screw up your week, you bust your butt to get your lines in, but you don't. And THEN, you don't get PTO? OMG! :O

Similar Messages:

Pay Per Characters?
Mar 18, 2013

I have been offered a job where the dictation comes through in audio minutes. The pay they have offered is per every so many characters. Characters are easy to find in Word, but how do I figure out what that pay equals in minutes or hours per audio? Thanks to anyone who knows what I'm trying to say. LOL ...

Line Pay/characters
Mar 25, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the benefits of getting paid based on character count is versus line pay? How should that be computed? ...

Wrong Characters
May 15, 2012

I am desperate for any solutions to this problem and I am hoping some kind individual can offer advice. When I am typing in the platform I use, report will be going welll when suddenly the wrong characers start typing.  This does not happen in my own documents such as Word Pad.  The problem seems to be only in the platform I am using for transcription.   Has anyone experienced something similar?  Solution?   Many thanks in advance.   ...

$0.05 Per 43 Visible Black Characters?
Mar 29, 2010

Exactly what does that end up being translated into a usual 65 character line with spaces?    I'm feeling like I need a math degree to figure out what I'm going to get paid lately.  ...

Saw A Job Offer For .05 Per 45 Black Characters?
Apr 11, 2010

This pay sounds horrible. ...

Does Accentus Only Pay For Black Characters? Nm
Jun 08, 2012

nm ...

How Many Characters With Spaces Is A Line, Pls
May 19, 2015

I'm thinking 36, but want to make sure..I was bored today and kept track of pretty much everything I did that I don't get paid for, wish I could include time on google looking up information..But ...

Would You Work For $0.05 A Line, Based On 65-characters With Spaces?
Nov 13, 2009

I have been offered a job with a company for clinic notes, which are the easiest.  As far as schedule goes, I just have to complete it w/in 24-hours.  So the kicker is, the pay is $0.05 a line, based on 65 characters with spaces.  They only pay once a month.  They also use Microsoft counter as well, which I am not sure if that is good or bad.  Would you take this position? ...

Nuance Line Counts Are Not Based On 65 Characters
Apr 28, 2012

I have heard that Nuance line counts are not based on 65 characters.  Does anyone know what the actual length of the lines would be?   Thanks ...

Lines Based On Characters With No Spaces, Throughts?
Jul 19, 2013

I just got a transcription job and am being paid with Word Count characters without spaces. I was told I would be making 9 cpl but when I figure out the spaces, it's around 7 cpl. Your thoughts on this please. Thanks. ...

Line Counts - Umber Of Characters And Spaces And Divide By 65
Jun 12, 2013

Can someone help me out here ?  I have forgotten the purpose of this.  I work for a company that does transcription in Microsoft Word.  Of course you can check your line counts in word, but this company says that isn't right and we have to take the number of characters and spaces and divide by 65 and that is our line count, which is always less than what Word says.  Can anybody remember why it's different?  Thanks. ...

Wondering? New Company Working For Counts 65 Characters Per Line. Is This Normal? Seems High To
Nov 11, 2009

NM ...

Line Counting Software - 65 Characters Per Line
Sep 29, 2010

I need help with a software line counting program.  Excel is acceptable, but I am not sure how to use that aspect.  Any help would be appreciated.  This is for 65 characters per line with no spaces.  Can't that be done in Microsoft Word as well? ...

Q For Amphion MTs
Sep 29, 2010

Anyone ever get fired from Amphion for not meeting line requirements? I work for them FT or more as needed and have yet to make the 12,000 line requirement. I've been with them for 6 months now and have not heard a peep about it. My QA is meeting requirements and my attendance is excellent, but I have yet to make the line count. I've switched my schedule, asked for another team, another account, work extra, racked my brain, all to no answer or just "no". I'm not sure what to do a ...

Amphion (sm)
Apr 08, 2014

Considering  applying for work with Amphion.  I understand they do not pay for spaces.  Do they pay for headers or do anything to bring up the line rate?  If not, I won't bother.  Thanks. ...

Anyone Know Anything About Amphion?
May 02, 2014

Does anyone know anything about Amphion.  I know nothing.  I think I'm going to have to find another job because of changes being made in the company I work at currently.  I can't afford such a drastic pay cut as what is coming for me so I'm looking around for a transcription job, not VR.  Any information good or bad is welcome.  Thanks to anyone who responds.  It is greatly appreciated.  ...

Considering Amphion
May 17, 2014

I'm considering applying to Amphion and haven't found any recent posts from MTs. I'd love to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly! ...

Amphion QA
Aug 13, 2014

Can anyone tell me what software is used by Amphion? Is it Editscript? If not, what software do you need to know for QA positions? Thanks! ...

Amphion ?
Sep 18, 2014

I'm applying at Amphion just wondering if anyone could give me some current information on them.  Good company to work for?  Pays on time and accurate?  Enough work to go around?  I did a search for info but didn't see anything real recent.  I'd appreciate any information you can offer.  Thanks! ...

Amphion Anyone?
Dec 02, 2014

Anyone heard of or worked for Amphion??? ...

Amphion Anything?
Mar 17, 2015

Hello!  Can anyone tell me anything about Amphion; specifically how costly is their health insurance?  Do they provide steady work?  Thank you in advance! ...

Amphion - Anyone Work For Them At All?
Oct 12, 2009

how are they to work for?  Are they fair? ...

Horski, How Was Your 1st Day With Amphion?
Mar 08, 2010

xx ...

Amphion Pay Range?
May 17, 2010

Can anyone provide a ballpark range of what Amphion pays for straight transcription per line and for VR? I understood they also offered a shift differential. Thanks! ...

Amphion...anything GOOD To Say About Them?
May 20, 2010

I've narrowed my job search down to two companies with Amphion being one of them. I'd appreciate it if anybody could give me an idea of their experience at Amphion with respect to pay, if their SR platform works well, how long it took you to get up to speed and earning decent money, how much SR and how much typing, etc. Basically the stuff that you would have liked to known before you went to work at Amphion.   Thanks very much ...

Anybody Work For Amphion
Sep 14, 2010

xvxvxvx ...

Amphion And Transolutions
Oct 31, 2010

I have had offers from both Amphion and Transolution. I was just curious if anyone had insight into either of those companies. I am really tired of choosing the wrong company to work for. I think I picked a good one and then end up being so low on work that I can't pay my bills. Please help, I don't want to make this mistake again. Thanks ...

Another Amphion Question
Nov 09, 2010

Do you have to get a 100% QA score to get a raise? What score do you have to get? ...

For Those Of You Who Work For Amphion...sm
Nov 19, 2010

Could you please tell me if you make a decent salary and how long did it take you to reach that.  I will be working for Amphion soon and I am a little leary about it.  Also, how are their dictators and is there plenty of work?  Any other info you have would be helpful.   Thanks for your help! ...

What Is The Pay Like At Amphion? Enough To Pay Your Bills?
Nov 22, 2010

nm ...