A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can anyone tell me anything good about Transcend? - Curious

Posted: May 02, 2011

I am currently working for a small service, doing only clinic work. I come from over 20 years of acute care and recently started working here. I have found what I suspected is true, that I am making only a percentage of what I made in acute care. The accounts are fine, the management and QA is totally wonderful, but the 3 and 4 second reports just don't cut it. I applied to Transcend and have read much negativity about them. Just wondering if there is any good in them? I also applied to Edocscribe and had an e-mail, but no phone interview as of yet. All comments welcome!

Here is your answer - me

[ In Reply To ..]
No, I can't tell you anything good about them. Read farther down and you will see that already with their takeover of DTS, MTs are leaving in droves. Their reputation precedes them as far as their mergers. I was with the MDI merger and lasted about 3-4 mos to "give them a chance" but am glad I moved on. Might not be making as much money, but I sure as hell don't have to deal with "the foreseeable future" any longer.

Can anyone tell me anything good about Transcend? - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
That's pretty much what I had expected. I had gotten so far as to get halfway through their MT test (without the help of a foot pedal) and wondered why I was even trying to do it. Having left MQ after their Spheris buy out last year (I was a Spheris MT), I am really hesitant to get back in that position with one of the big companies again. I guess I will stay here and just try to be more productive! Thanks very much!

Not everyone has the same experience. - Older than dirt

[ In Reply To ..]
Lots of us are perfectly happy at Transcend, at least as happy as one can be with where our industry has gone in recent years. But it's impossible to know how any individual will do at any given company without giving it a try. I'm on a decent account, I have plenty of work, nobody bugs me (unless I need to be bugged) and I have a decent management team.

As an aside... my sister's best friend works at Medquist and actually LIKES it. She's got a really good manager and really good accounts. So there are even happy people at The Q.

And no... not all of the happy people at Transcend are suits, or plants, or shills.

Happy Transcender - s/m-l/m

[ In Reply To ..]
It took me awhile to become comfortable at Transcend. I just kept bugging them until I got what I needed and wanted, HR, managers and recruiter very cooperative. Like the poster below for the industry of Transcription being what it is, Transcend is one of the best big MTSOs. I like their flexibility the best, usually a 12 hour window to do your 8 hours in.

Happy Transcender - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I am wondering if I can get through the Transcend test tonight. The 12 hour window is very enticing, but for me it's all about the bottom line. I absolutely have to make more money than I am currently making, which will be 20-something thousand a year at the job I currently have. A second, even second part time job would seem like the answer, but I tried that last fall and had a major heart attack shortly after...don't know that it was because of the hours I was working, but I'm sure the sitting at both jobs with lack of exercise contributed.
agree with the 2 previous Transcenders - CardioMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I work part-time and have for the past going on 4 years. I have been in 2 different regions over this period and have found plenty of work, good ROMS and TLs and helpful QA. I have posted here several times regarding Transcend and I am not a planted cheerleader for them. I do believe there may be issues for others in other regions but I have not found that so. I would encourage you to give Transcend a try (even if part-time as I am) and find out for yourself if it works for you. I truly believe in any job it is just what you make of it... and if it does not work... move on.... best wishes to you for much success...
12 hour window - dmz
[ In Reply To ..]
There are lots of companies with 12-hour windows - or no window as long as TAT is met. I was with the MDI merger at Transcend and, as a high-paid MT, found my pay whittling down - before they could whittle it to what they wanted, I left. If you have a well-paid, high-producing MT, why would you want to lower their pay to line your own pockets? It just doesn't make sense. Before the merger, I'd been at MDI for 5 years and hoped to have stayed there...I sometimes wonder how the former MDI CEO really believed that "things would remain the same" or "actually get better" with this merger. It got better for her, tho....but destroyed a reputation she had built for years just having MDI's name mentioned in conjunction with Transcend.
DMZ - Former MDIer
[ In Reply To ..]
I do not think for a minute that she actually believed the baloney sausage she was slicing out to the MTs. She decided to sell us out, and she did. No matter that people nearly lost their homes, etc.

This is the best. They have an entire advisory board to think up - Transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
ways to reward their MLS. Usually it consists of 1 to 5 prizes, ranging between $25 and $100 total, the winner of which will be selected by that committee. Of course, you have a better chance of winning a lottery than that with their approximate 3500 employees and the biases that come with the committee members. Just what I always wanted to do, work after my shift to write an essay on why I should be pampered. Five words will say it all: because I work for Transcend.

Happy at Transcend - latebloomer

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been with Transcend 5 years and have been happy with my accounts, TLs and ROMs. There are issues like any place, but after trying 3 other companies, I'm sticking with Transcend. There is no perfect company.

Former MDIer - dmz

[ In Reply To ..]
I am inclined to agree with you at this point. Very sad tho. But I'm still glad I left Transcend after the merger -it is one move I've not had a regret about at all.

Similar Messages:

Transcend Rad - Good Or Bad Please?
Sep 13, 2010

I have an interview with Transcend soon - how does their rad pay?  Is there any work?  Can you actually pay your bills with your paycheck?  Any feedback appreciated. ...

Transcend - Any Good Feedback?
Feb 04, 2011

Just wondering if anyone who works for Transcend currently has any good things to say about them.  I've seen all the bad posts on the board, so just wondering if there is any good to be said or anyone who works for them who is happy to work there.  I know they have the $900/pay period instead of production limit and editing work.  I was interviewed by them and I would be getting more pay per line for both typing and editing and compared to my current situation of having no wo ...

TRANSCEND: The Good, Bad, And Ugly
Jan 19, 2012

Hi, I would appreciate input on Transcend please-- the good, bad, and ugly!  Particularly interested in rate of pay, if pay is on time, if they hover or leave you alone to do your work, whether they're well organized or not, if there are tons of account specs or not, ease of platform use, etc.  Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Know A GOOD Region/ROM At Transcend?
Mar 11, 2012

nm ...

Offered Job At Transcend. Would Like To Know Good, Bad And Ugly. Nm
Dec 31, 2009

Any Word On Transcend; Good, Bad, Ugly?
Aug 04, 2011

Have interview next week and just wondering what they are like to work for.  Thanx for any insight you can give. ...

What About Transcend's Insurance ... Is It A Good Policy And Affordable For Emp/spouse?
Nov 24, 2010

x ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT — But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including “the M,” and “the N” and (now to be included) “the T” following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

IMEDX Takeover...I Don't Have A Good Feeling About This. Does Anyone Have A Good Sm
Jul 07, 2012

experience with this company.  Sounds like they suck up our accounts and then pay us less than pennies to clean up the trash.  ...

Good Friday; Good Bye Spheris
Apr 02, 2010

Well Good Friday to me.  I left Spheris.  It is indeed the best Friday for me in a very long time.  I've had it with their lousy platform, Mafia QA (they try their best to kill your spirit), mandatory this, mandatory that, do this, don't do that, change this, don't change that; no, don't change this, don't change that, and on and on and on, and now their bankruptcy.  No PTO for the next 4 months to keep the clients satisfied during ...

VR At Transcend
Nov 18, 2009

Did VR develop Alzheimer's?  It has lost everything.  I am tired of no commas, periods, and everything else it reverted back to since its infancy.  It is really true that now you can transcribe faster than you can edit.  Does anyone even care?  Do you know how many times you have to stop in the middle of labs to put in punctuation?   This has been going on for over a month and I haven't noticed any big push to get it fixed.  Just another way to m ...

MDI/Transcend Pay For ULD? M
Feb 01, 2010

Does anyone remember in the conference calls, mention of MDI/Transcend paying for unlimited long distance phone charges for employees?  I remember this being mentioned but can't recall all the details;  if it was for FT only, everyone, etc.  Does anyone remember details and if that still stands? ...

To MDI/Transcend MTs : Is Anyone Else
Feb 01, 2010

work today?  ...

Transcend TLs ??
Feb 08, 2010

I am curious as to if the TLs are meeting their requirements.  They are expected to type 75-80% of their time and get paid by the line as well .  I am very suspicious that they are not typing VR all day, having their work sent to India, etc, and are getting the straight typing.  They get paid a flat fee per month for their administrative duties on top of that.  I wonder if they are experiencing no work and looking at a blank screen most of their time& ...

Transcend MTs
Mar 03, 2010

n/m ...

Is There More Than One Transcend? I See Their
Mar 19, 2010

job ad on the Seeker's board and it sounds like a place I would like to work.  I work for a company also called Transcend, but they are not a place that I would recommend to anyone.  I haven't worked all week as there has been no work.  Just NJA. So maybe this Transcend is in a parallel universe.  It certainly could not be the same place where I'm employed.  ...

About Transcend
Mar 28, 2010

I have read dozens of posts on the board about Transcend, some good and a lot not so good.  However, I think there is an explanation for some MTs loving it there and others hating it so much. Transcend is a company made up of many other companies through mergers. The original Transcend who existed first, before acquiring other companies seems to be the problem.  On the other hand, for example MDI/Transcend, for the most part does not seem to fit that description. You have to remember ...

VR With Transcend?
Apr 21, 2010

I'm coming to the realization that unless I get faster with editing these VR reports, I am never going to be able to make the full-time production requirements at Transcend.  I'm really freaking out.  Is it really possible to do 300 lines per hour in VR?  How long does it take to get faster with it?    ...

Want To See What Our Value Is To Transcend?
May 19, 2010

Google Star Clip Itz Note Holder w/ Metal Rod & Alligator Clip to see exactly how much it cost Transcend per MT for this gift that bears so much thought and appreciation.  Do they really not realize how it affects their corporate image when their priority is placed on spending $600,000+ on a failed business venture versus the amount spent to "appreciate" the motor that makes their business run?  That's like spending more than a half million dollars to buy a garage to hous ...

Transcend....yet Again
Jun 05, 2010

I was with the company for over five years, not once failing to meet the requirements of me yet I was told my position would have to change to 2nd or 3rd shift if I wanted to keep my job as there were no positions available for 1st shift.  Two days after resigning I see they are hiring for 1st shift positions on a typing only platform which is what I wanted. I just don't get it. ...

Transcend Cpl
Jun 17, 2010

Our company was bought by Transcend and will start working for them in August.  Can anyone tell me what their starting line rate is or their average cpl. ...

Transcend Pay
Jun 25, 2011

Could someone please tell me what it is possible to be earning in say 3 months at Transcend? VR and straight typing? I am trying to make an important decision, and you never know the true pay, what to expect in advance, how long to get highly productive, etc. Thanks in advance. ...

Transcend/DTS
Jun 25, 2011

Did anyone else get the memo from Transcend (soon to take over from DTS) about the line rate change for the transitioning employees from DTS?  It was elegantly written, but basically it said that when the accounts are switched over the VR that the line rates will decrease but productivity will increase and no cut in pay is expected.  It is happening exactly how the posters on this board that have been through takeovers by Transcend said - decreased pay. I gave my notice already BT ...

OSI And Transcend
Aug 17, 2010

Hi everyone, I am new to this board and I have a question, does anyone know anything about Transcend or OSI, how about AllType??  Thank you  ...

Wmx - Transcend
Sep 02, 2010

It has been mentioned that Wmx has lost 2 large accounts that is the reason for people being let go.  Transcend has mentioned in the last few months about acquiring a new large account in September.  Was at least one of these 2 large accounts, if not both, acquired by Transcend??? ...

Transcend And TTS
Sep 17, 2010

I have a phone interview with Transcend out of Atlanta and TTS out of New Hampshire today and next week. I've been working for the same MT company for over 8 years, but they're losing accounts and cutting our pay so I'm looking to possibly change jobs. Has anyone worked for Transcend or TTS? I'm scared to death to change jobs at this point. I know the problems and shortcomings of my current company. I switched jobs once before for a few months and found that all the promises ...

Thank You Transcend!!!
Dec 20, 2010

Thank you Transcend for the gift card! ...

MDI/Transcend W2's
Jan 29, 2011

Received Transcend's, but not MDIs.  Didnt we work for MDI until February so we should get a W2 from MDI as well...correct?  TIA ...