A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If you are fired/laid off, do you - lose your insurance immediately?

Posted: Apr 06, 2013

or at the end of the month. I am making appts like crazy, just in case...

Before you lose it, you will be offered the chance - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
to keep paying for it through COBRA or whatever it is. It won't happen instantly.

You have a month. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Some companies will pay it for a few months, depends - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

If You Have Been Fired Or Laid Off After New Minimum Wage
Jan 15, 2015

If you have been fired or laid off after your state increased the minimum wage, would you be willing to share the state you live in and the company? I am curious if there would be any correlation between the new compensation plans and the new minimum wages that have recently gone into effect. ...

Anybody Been Laid Off By MQ?
Feb 18, 2010

I hear MQ employees are eligible under the TAA to get re-training paid for in another field, but how do you get "laid off"???  ...

Laid-off
Jun 23, 2010

Recently laid-off and I am looking for a job. I was just wondering, being an IC medical transcriptionist has anyone ever qualified for unemployment?? I know this is considered self-employed and most states will not give you benefits, but I was just wondering if anyone has ever gotten benefits being an IC.   Thank you for your time. ...

Getting Laid Off
Mar 01, 2011

4th time in 4 years. Sick of this!!! Will be finding something new to do. ...

Laid Off
Apr 04, 2013

I was laid off today too.  I have been with the company for 8 years.  I consistently make my quota by a long shot, at over 375 lph.  I had my audit a month ago at 99.3%.  I am a single mom trying to support my family, and no, there was no warning, no severance, no nothing.  My supervisor said it is across the board, and she did not have an answer for me as to why me.  I spent the day working on my resume and job hunting and came here to see if anyone had any answers.  To those of you in t ...

If You Are Laid Off, PLEASE TELL US
Jul 24, 2013

TIER REGION PART TIME OR FULL TIME so that maybe we can find a pattern for this. We're sorry for you all but know you will be going to a better place. ...

If You Were Laid Off
Jul 24, 2013

It seems like a lot of the folks who were let go had been with MM a long time. Just curious if there is a trend here, do you mind letting us know what your e/t cpl rate was? Did they just let go of those who were making a decent wage?  ...

How Many Laid Off?
Jul 24, 2013

Does anyone have any idea how many were let go today?  It doesn't seem like many, but of course only a fraction of MModal MTs actually come to this board. ...

Laid Off.....
Jan 12, 2015

Well, it's official.  I just got the call that I am officially laid off!  I am glad that what I knew was inevitable has finally happened so I can move forward, but at the same time can't help grieving over the loss of what once was a career that I loved and was good at.  It's not just the company I worked for; it's the whole medical transcription industry, so as of right now I am totally THROUGH with medical transcription! ...

Laid Off, No Notice
Nov 19, 2009

I just got laid off from Proscript in an email, I think this was very cold, no warning, no 2 weeks notice, nothing......I have worked for them since 2005, this is just wrong..... ...

Those Laid Off From Webmx
Sep 26, 2010

Did you get a severence or any sort of financial support?  ...

Laid Or Lain? Help
Jul 15, 2011

I have this hint that normally helps me:  “lie, lay, lain” (to recline); “lay, laid, laid” (to place or put down). The sentence is:  "The patient was brought into the endoscopy suite and 'laid' in the left decubitus position."  I was thinking it should be lain, but the patient was technically "put" in that position, so it should be laid.  Correct?  I've gone and confused myself. ...

I Wasn't Laid Off
Apr 06, 2013

I was straight-up fired.  I own it, as well as my part in it (production).  I feel for anybody else in my boat.  My husband, thankfully, has a good job so I can take a minute to breathe before plunging back underwater.   I love being an MT; too bad it's an unrequited love.  :/   I was straight-up fired (last week).  I own it, as well as my part in it (production).  I feel for anybody else in my boat.  My husband, thankfully, has a good ...

Laid Off From M-Modal
Aug 22, 2013

It was never my choice to work for Mmodal anyway, I was an acquisition.  But as I was perusing the help wanted lists, the horrible thought occured to me,  what if I got bought by Mmodal again? I think I am going to get out of this racket entirely, retire my foot pedal, hang up my earphones for good!  (And it has to be for good, it can't really get that much worse, can it?) ...

FOR ALL LAID OFF EMPLOYEES TTA (?)
Nov 08, 2013

First let me tell you I was laid off after 9 years last August.  I was told many lies like all part-time employees are being laid off, you won't be able to get unemployment, don't feel bad you didn't do anything wrong.  I applied for unemployment and have been getting unemployment ever since.  I got selected (yeah me) for a special project going on with the UE commision and the lady who I report to is wonderful.  She believes M@Modal made a plethora of errors a ...

Laid Off Question
Feb 12, 2014

Hi, I was laid off from MModal and I understand there is a federal program or a company that helps people possibly with going back to school and stuff and MModal already has an open case number. My computer crashed that had this information on it and if anyone can help it would be greatly apprecaited.  Thanks in advance. ...

Any Other ICs Get Laid Off From Medscribe In Florida?
Feb 20, 2010

Any other ICs get laid off from Medscribe in Florida? ...

You Are Not On The List Of Laid Off Employees
Mar 18, 2010

That is what I was told.  You are not on the list of Laid off Employees.  There is a list?  Medquist actually laid off people?  Yes.  There is a list.  Medquist sent it to us.  Really?  How many people did they lay off when CBay got 80% of the work? Drum roll please....................... 6 6? Yes, 6. You mean they got taken over by a company in India with 6,000 employees and they only had to lay of 6 USA transcriptionists? The point of the post..... ...

Does Anyone Know How Many People Webmedx Laid Off? Sm
Sep 01, 2010

I am afraid as I am not getting much work there lately.  I applied to a few companies but no one is hiring right now for what I need. Any idea if it was just a few or a few hundred? Where will we all go??? ...

Laid-off Webmedx MTs, Did They Call You?
Feb 03, 2011

I note that in the last week there have been many new MTs come on board at Webmedx. They are being hired for new accounts. I'm wondering of Webmedx kept their word by calling those they laid off and asking them to come back. If you were laid off, did you get a call? (I know, whether you'd consider going back is another question entirely) ...

Happy New Year - You've Been Laid Off
Jan 04, 2012

What's an IC to do?  As much as the company bragged about being in the local paper a month ago, they claim to have lost a huge account and have to let go all those working on it.  Not eligible for unemployment, 4 kids at home from 5 to 20, a mortgage . . . thank goodness I'm on Cymbalta!  I need to find another job - ASAP.  Can anyone out there recommend a company that offers employee status, where I won't have to work 1 weekend day????  My resume is prett ...

Laid Off By Nuance Due To Satellite Only.
May 09, 2012

I have heard that their transcription and editing platforms -- Escription will work with satellite internet.  I know I am not the only one who could no longer work at Nuance due to only having satellite internet.  I was working for awhile at my daughter's home, but that did not work out too well due to house overrun by all the kids and their friends.  If I could have had my own private office, I would have stayed there to work.   Anyway that is all beside the point ...

If You Were Laid Off From OptumInsight I Hope You
Aug 17, 2012

you are doing well.  I'm struggling a little today.  I hope the others have had time to catch their breath and go forward.   ...

WOW-I Get Laid Off, Wanted To Share It With You...
Apr 04, 2013

and now some are calling it a hoax. I have spent most of the day talking to UE and my states Food Share Program. Working from home for so long, I wanted to share my news with my fellow MTs. I thought they would understand how I felt. I appreciated some of the MTs wishing me luck, but I am surprised and sad to see that so many have become so "cold" that they can't even open their minds and believe someone. I still wish all MTs the best of luck. I will be fine. Even, at my age, they can ...

Layoffs Curious If The Ones Laid Off
Apr 05, 2013

got an email from amy about all mt meeying on april 17?.  i got that email and 20 minutes later board was full of talks of layoffs.  just wondering if i got the email because im safe or if everyone got it ...

Ok I'm Totally Confused. They Just Laid Off Sm
Apr 12, 2013

a tone of people and now they have an ad on the other website hiring MTs?  What the crap is up?  They are so mismanaged it is pathetic!  Stupid, stupid, stupid. ...

Just Got Let Go! I Was Laid Off. Got The Call Tonight.
Jul 23, 2013

Yep!  I was told it had nothing to do with my work, line counts, etc.  Just they are making cuts.  Been here for decades.  ...

Hundreds Were Laid Off This Week.
Jul 26, 2013

Hundreds were let go this week.  One of the biggest weeks for layoffs.  Everyday someone is losing their job and has been going on since March/April, but this was the biggest week so far.  More and more accounts being offshored (like we did not know). Do not want to put fear in people or cause stress, but this is reality. ...

I Wish Those Laid Off From April Till Now
Aug 15, 2013

Care to elaborate on some things.  I'm trying to figure out a pattern to the layoffs.   When were you let go? What tier level? Higher end of tier pay or lower end? What region? How many hours? Was it a state that they had to pay up to 4 hours? There has to be a pattern to all of this, and it could help those of us hanging by a thread. ...

Laid Off Two Hours After 100% On Audit
Aug 19, 2013

I've been with this company for 11 years.  Just got 100% audit and told in an email "You had a passing score of 100%, congratulations!  You are exceeding our corporate quality standards" etc.  A couple of hours later got the email that my CSM needed to speak to me regarding my position.  Unfortunately didn't get the message until the next day which was my son's wedding day.  Called her back the next day, Sunday.  Return call came today on Monday.  ...