A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Advanced transcriptionist service, LLC - cmmcd472

Posted: Mar 08, 2010

I saw their ad for radiology and acute care, is this place legitimate?

Advanced transcriptionist service, LLC - cmmcd472

[ In Reply To ..]
Never mind...they sent me 2 voice files to transcribe but no note, no recruiter name, no other contact info. I listened but didn't transcribe. One of them sounded like a joke file with names like "Dr. Frankenstein" and "this 123-year-old patient." The other one was a rad file with the patient name still audible. I dumped the files; very unprofessional, IMO.

Yes, I'm wondering if anybody can vouch for them - feels hinky

[ In Reply To ..]
The weird misspellings in their ad gave me a bad feeling - "plateform", etc. Almost felt like it was someone offshore that placed the ad.

Yeah I saw that - dyldylsmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah and did you see the emali was even weird. I would be very cautious about this one.
Hi dyldylsmom - Are you still at eTrans. We worked together - many moons ago
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Not with etrans anymore - dyldylsmom
[ In Reply To ..]
I have not worked for them for a few years. How about you and who is this? lol

This is what I found by entering the email from the ad - See message

[ In Reply To ..]

Advanced Medical Transcription Service, LLC
681 Essex Street, Plainfield, New Jersey 07060
AdvanceTranscrip@aol.com
Telephone: , Fax: 908 769 7245

This is from an ad dated April 2008.

I know nothing about this company or person. Just thought I would see if I could find out something by entering the email from the ad in Google. Somebody on here posted a while back that you can sometimes find more information about someone or a company through an email address.

Good luck!

A lot of offshore MT companies use US addresses. - "LLC" is used by lots of Indian companies, as well

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

but do not see LLC and think it is from India. look up the company. - my 2 cents NM

[ In Reply To ..]
LLC - cmmcd472
[ In Reply To ..]
She's in New Jersey, I think it's a very small company.
any business can become a limited liability corporation and many in the US are, sm - phone call was a joke
[ In Reply To ..]
I did receive a phone call from this company and it left me very bothered by the fact that I even wasted my time applying and taking the test. I was told they could not guarantee full-time work, but most of the transcriptionists work full time, no benefits, most of the work is on Wednesday. I did get a lot of personal information that I could have lived without also (she talked a lot), but this woman was very, very unprofessional and actually got mad at me when I had my own questions. She did ask me if I wanted the job, but I declined stating that since we were already having issues, I probably was not the right candidate for her company. I acually talked to her twice, as the first time she called me and gave me the information and I finally had a chance to question her, I said so let me make sure I have this right, you don't have full-time work, most of your work is on Wednesdays, and she said just forget it and hung up on me. She called me back within a few minutes and apologized though telling me she was a christian woman and offered me the job again with a bunch of other information as to why she behaved the way she did with me. That was when I declined the offer.
Geez! Glad I did not apply! - sounds like a kook and bad deal too
[ In Reply To ..]
Who is she kidding - who wants to work 1 day a week? If she was honest and would say that in her ad, nobody would need to get angry or waste each other's time!

Thank you! - cmmcd472

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you to everyone, I wonder if anyone else applied. As I mentioned, the test files were a joke. I never thought about it being an Indian company but whoever they are I don't think they know much about running a business.

Legit but questionable-use caution. - typer chick

[ In Reply To ..]
I have answered this ad before and was offered a job. She gave way too much personal info about herself and her employees, i.e., someone being sick, someone elses mother dying, etc. She also told me that she was advertising for a job which she did not have yet, but just in case they called her back and gave her the account. I think she was sincere and is legit, but very, very unorganized and way too informal for my tastes. She also asked me how my company gets their accounts.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I think she is sincere but just not that professional. Just my impression Please check her out if you like this kind of atmosphere rather than the big corporation feel.

Legit but questionable - cmmcd472

[ In Reply To ..]
I checked it out, it is not what I am looking for, thanks.

she just sounds new at it - nothing wrong with that.NM - justsaying

[ In Reply To ..]

Shame - Advance Medical

[ In Reply To ..]
You all should be a ashame of yourself. All you have to do is get on here and talk about me. What is this all about. Have I done anything to any of you. Shame Shame Shame
Looks like some were just posting their own experiences, sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
why should they be ashamed and why would Advance Medical be posting for Advanced Transcription??

Advanced Transcription - concerned MT

[ In Reply To ..]
She is very nice, she is personable. If you have any problems she is there to try to help you out with them. She pays on time and I always have work never without. The company is in the United States. You are not a number here she actually cares about her MTs how many companies can you say actually cares about you and your family and won't turn around and stab you in the back and fire you?

Similar Messages:

Remedy Self Service Portal - Is That The Same As Qcare Self Service?
Apr 06, 2012

x ...

Advanced MD EHR
Aug 05, 2014

Has anyone ever typed in AdvancedMD? Can you copy and paste from word into it? ...

Advanced Medical
May 05, 2010

Any info on Advanced Medical Transcription?  I applied and want to know if I should go any further. ...

Advanced Transcription, NJ
Jan 14, 2011

Anyone have any info on this company? They are out of New Jersey, it is a temporary part-time deal that uses Dictaphone, Extext, Transnet...I have already passed the test but just wondering what kind of company they are? Thanks! ...

Advanced Transcription Out Of Oregon
Feb 11, 2010

Looking for recent information about this company.  Thanks! ...

Advanced Medical Transcription
Sep 27, 2010

Just sent my resume to them...Can anyone shed some light on this company?  Many thanks! ...

Anybody Applied To Advanced Transcription
Oct 01, 2010

Anybody applied to this company?  Anyone work for them?  For those of you who have interviewed with them, what was it like?  Thanks. ...

Advanced Transcription - Any Information
Jan 04, 2011

Any information you can share will be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Advanced Transcription Of New Jersey
May 09, 2011

I've read some old postings about this company, but I'm wondering if anyone here has any recent experience with it? ...

Advanced Transcription - Some Insight?
Jun 08, 2012

Does anywho work for this company who could give me some insight? Thanks! ...

Is Advanced Transcription Technology About To Be
Aug 04, 2014

x ...

Anyone Know Of Advanced Medical Transcription Services?
May 21, 2010

Anyone know anything about this company out of NJ?   ...

Advanced Transcription Technology (New York)
Apr 10, 2013

Anyone work here, and what do you think?  This is the one out of New York, not Oregon. ...

PT Has Advanced S/l Limonsita ALS With Respirtory Failure Nm
Apr 24, 2014

nm ...

Why Does The Post On The Job Seeker's Board For Advanced Transcription Keep Disappearing?
Jan 09, 2011

It has been there twice this evening and both times it has disappeared.  Does anyone have any recent information about this company?  It is the one out of New Jersey.   TIA ...

Announcing PhraseExpander 3, New Advanced Text Expander For Medical Transcription
Nov 04, 2011

Hello everyone, I'm pleased to announce the availability of a new text expansion software that has been developed working with physicians. It allows you to autocomplese words and sentences and prepare very powerful templates. Please check http://www.phraseexpander.com/tour/medical-doctors/ ...

X-ray Report - X-rays Of Left Knee Show Advanced Degenerative Changes Seen Of The Medial Compartment
Jan 14, 2010

x ...

300 "Spartacus" Wire Was Advanced
Jul 23, 2013

Sl "Spartacus wire" in angiography and Cardiac cath.   ...

And To Think I'm Now A Transcriptionist
Oct 20, 2010

In posting a reply in a different thread, it brought back a memory I thought I'd share.  I had just turned 18 and my mom had just had surgery.  I went to the hospital to visit her but wasn't sure where she was.  The nurses asked me what surgery did my mom have.  I replied, "A vasectomy."  Oh my how the nurses laughed!  They replied, "Oh no honey, I think you mean a hysterectomy."  And look at me now, been an MT for nearly 20 years! ...

Ads For Transcriptionist's (sic)
Mar 28, 2011

When I see an ad saying that companies are looking for a few good "transcriptionist's" (sic), I always think that maybe they should be proofing their ads before submitting them.  ...

New Transcriptionist
May 03, 2011

Hello, Any and all comments to this question would be helpful. I am new in the medical transcription field. I have been having a hard time finding a job, and one day I get an email from this company. The email said they work for Affiliated Healthcare. I googled the company name and came up with a few hits as to what this Affiliated Healthcare company is. I transcribed a sample and sent back in. I received an email the next day stating they would like to hire me, to please reply to posting. I ...

TTS Transcriptionist
May 05, 2011

TTS is recruiting, that is ironic! - but so true to form in this business.  Every day I run out of work at some point during my shift and they say "We will let you know when it starts coming back in."  Meanwhile I am making no money.  I used to be a happy, loved my job, transcribing in the hospital - over 10 years ago.  Since my hospital farmed out to these companies that I have tried to work for - NOT happy, not even able to earn a decent living.   H ...

New Transcriptionist Need Help
May 31, 2011

I have just graduated and am looking for a job which is not easy.  Someone finally responded to my resume and they say that I need all these different books that are expensive and the Microsoft Professional instead of Home and Student which is more. I do not have any source of income so is there a place I can get used books and microsoft professional?? Im worried that I will spend all this money I dont have to get started and then not get the job.. Need advice please help.   ...

Editor Or Transcriptionist?
Oct 11, 2009

What do most people like, editing or transcribing? Just curious. ...

Newbie Transcriptionist
Feb 01, 2010

Do you always need a foot pedal regardless of what kind of program/setup employeers have? ...

Dinosaur Transcriptionist
Aug 01, 2010

I have been out of the workforce for 2 years. Is there anything to do to refresh my skills? Is there a program for retraining anywhere? ...

HELP FOR BURNT OUT TRANSCRIPTIONIST
Apr 20, 2011

Any ideas?  I love the people I work with and the company - but somedays I have all I can do to drag myself in here and stay focused.  Been doing transcription for 35+ years and I know I'm burnt out.  Where do we old burnt out people go?  ...

Transcriptionist Resume Help
May 28, 2011

I get a lot of MTs asking me for help with resumes so I thought I would put this out for anyone who is interested. This link downloads a sample one-page MT resume to use as a guide: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20134076/Sample%20One%20Page%20MT%20Resume.docx This link shows this same resume with some tips added. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20134076/One%20Page%20MT%20Resume%20Tips.jpg Hope this helps someone.   ...

Transcriptionist To Coder
Nov 14, 2011

Hello everyone.  I have posted here before about this topic. I am thinking about taking a coding course, probably through Andrews, and was wondering which credential to get first...the CPC or CCS?  Which one is more desirable for employers?  If there are any other credentials I would need, please let me know because I have just started researching this.  Thank you. ...

Frustrated ED Transcriptionist
Jan 21, 2012

Frustrated that even though I have stressed my proficiency in ED work, I am still forced to do other work types first, while yet others are getting ED work types in their "pools"... I would think you would want someone who types fast in a certain area be allowed to crank that work out first and then when it runs out, let the other work types they are not so good at roll into their pool....  Frustrated ...