Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Tech Help

Glad I helped! Don't hear that much on this board. :-) - sm

Posted: Mar 11th, 2019 - 1:19 pm In Reply to: Using AC more efficiently/correctly - mf

Take some time when you're off and open a blank Word document and play with the settings (alt/T/A).  Get really fast with hilite, alt/t/a and saving.  The faster you can do it, the more ACs you can add, and you really won't be losing much time and fortunately there's no limit to how many you can have, last check I had 20,000.  If I have to type something more than 3 times, it becomes an AC, I don't care if I never use it again, but it's there anyhow if I ever do.  (My goal when we did straight typing was to not have to type more than 25 words in a report, the rest ACs, but that's long gone with VR.)  Do be careful with it in VDI because sometimes when you hilite a word (or more) and before you can do the alt/a/t, it'll completely delete what you hilited, especially if it's only 1 word you want to AC.  That can be maddening and you'll get dinged for missing words; clue for it doing that is it'll change the spacing of the line/paragraph you're in, so it won't be quite so hard to find that missing stuff, the screen kinda flashes.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)