Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Frustrating - Old MT too

Posted: Jul 16th, 2018 - 2:22 pm In Reply to: This is so frustrating! sm - Old MT

It wouldn't matter if you said you could work 24/7 and had 100 years of experience. These companies are just holding on with the leftovers Nuance and MM send them and hiring too many MTs and then the workload drops off and it is NJA for everyone. How can someone have too much experience? They don't care, they pay 4 cpl regardless.

I have been down the same road as you and finally found a job outside MT and now I work for a couple of Nuance castoff companies and still have very little work and I DON'T CARE. One wants us to commit to 3 hours on Saturday and Sunday to meet TAT, with no weekend differential and a set time when we will work. I resent this so much and I am not going to do it, unless I have the time, otherwise, too bad. There isn't even that much work then either.

Face it, this job is all but dead and anyone who is hanging on is just barely making it. I think I have applied to almost every company out there and even when they say they are going to hire you and you send in all the paperwork, etc., still nothing. How it has come to this is beyond me, but it has and it is time to say good bye. No matter how much you work at the rates they pay, with absolutely no benefits whatsoever, no taxes taken out, no incentive or differential, you cannot make a decent wage. Truly a sad situation to be in!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)