Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Word Help Board

It's not what WE think it should be...sm - Anon

Posted: Apr 14th, 2018 - 6:15 am In Reply to: Is is just me...or am I - really old fashioned to

We older MTs sometimes have the tendency to want to clean up dictation; but when it comes to changing words because we think it sounds better our way, that's crossing the line. When we were medical secretaries, a lot of times our employers wanted us to clean it up. Now working for MTSOs, if a dictator phrases something that we think could be stated in a better way, we are not supposed to change what was said. It is the dictator's "voice." If the meaning is clear, we should leave it alone. I'm old, and I don't think there is anything wrong with 'the patient was brought to the recovery room' if that's what was dictated. You are just causing yourself fits by trying to figure out a better way the dictator could have expressed their thoughts. That's not our job anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)