Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Word Help Board

Yes, there are grammar rules but...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Apr 15th, 2018 - 8:29 am In Reply to: Excuse me...sounds better...there are such things as - RULES OF GRAMMAR nm

MT in this day and age, as much as we older MTs do not like it, is asking for verbatim transcription and not allowing us to change the dictator's "voice." We can fix verb tense and other obvious grammar gaffs. I'm not saying it's right but that's the way it is. One poster below says they do the type of work where they are valued for their knowledge and are allowed to make major grammar changes. That's great, but the majority of production MT jobs do not allow such liberties. Again, if you want to work in this type of MT environment, you just have to hold your nose and do the job the way the MTSO wants you to. That's pretty much why I retired from MT except for my small IC client who gives me liberty to fix his grammar, and I like it that way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)