Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Different Career Choice for Former MTs - 30yearMT

Posted: Dec 5th, 2017 - 4:47 pm

Today I graduated with my associates degree in cancer information management.  I'm 50 this year and I had to study my butt off for the last 3 years in on line night school, but it was so worth it!!  I've been working in a cancer registry remotely for the last year and a half and they paid for my tuition and books.  I don't work weekends or holidays, I get Christmas bonuses, 3 weeks PTO per year and wonderful co-workers who are supportive mentors.  I'm telling you all this because there was a time when I was as miserable as you all are trying to work an abusive, wretched MT job.  I want to empower anyone who is thinking of going into cancer registry work to do it.  Our skill set transfers beautifully into this career.  If you don't want to get a degree, you can do follow up work in a registry.  I started at the NCRA-org.com website and that will show you the steps you need to take.  I'm happy to answer any questions.  You can do this, ladies and gents!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)