Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 43)

You do not know much about CTRs - Sm

Posted: Dec 7th, 2017 - 9:50 pm In Reply to: Good for you - Rose colored glasses

The coding involved is particular to the oncology data software used. We do not ICD-10 code for billing. We collect data about cancer, site, histology, grade, date of diagnosis, treatment, including type of surgery, radiation, chemo, hormones, immunotherapy, clinical trials, and tumor markers, which will become much more important with 2018 changes as the analysis takes a much more prognostic data approach. Go to the NCRA page on FB and you can see the job offerings, some with bonuses. We cannot find qualified CTRs, and need perhaps 4. I am not yet certified yet have recieved 2 head hunter calls, completely unsolicited.

As to coding coming natural....one might think MTs have a leg up on terminology, treatment terms and use of electronic chart....I did from my 30 years as an MT. The "coding" is a correlation between meaning and data entry, umm, that's the easy part.

I agree if you are an MT without curiosity and you have little understanding of the meaning of what you type and/or do not enjoy the study of medicine, healthcare-related jobs really aren't for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)