Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

All of us working on Nuance systems are getting the cost of - this outage shifted to us.

Posted: Jun 28th, 2017 - 3:51 pm

The whole setup with pay-by-production is nothing but a labor cost-shifting scheme, and should be illegal.  If we worked in a normal situation - such as by the hour - the company would be forced to pay us for all of this down time, which is not of our doing.  Added up with the other things we pay for like our computers, office furniture, references, our utilities for our offices, etc., we wind up paying for the "privilege" of earning peanuts.

So, it's a failure of Nuance that they allowed themselves to get taken down, but we're the ones who get handed our butts in terms of losing our income and get nothing but messages saying how sorry management is.  

Aside from the incredible diminishment in income that's happened over the years, you know what I've lost that bothers me more?

My self-respect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)