Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

No one's reason is more important - than another-sm

Posted: Apr 27th, 2017 - 5:51 pm In Reply to: Unwilling to modify schedule so I can attend church - Pollyanna

I dislike when anyone's request cannot be honored and when people get stuck with schedules they do not like. Whether it be nights, weekends, Sunday, Friday, or holy Wednesday (I think Jehovah's are Wednesday people). But, that said, you need to negotiate with your employer. Perhaps you could work slightly different hours on Sunday so that your activity could be attended. Do you think seniority would be a good way to honor requests. I have thought that some employers went out of their way to make this more difficult than need be. For instance, Amphion and their swap board. you had to swap to get anything off that was not planned extremely in advance....even funerals. Ridiculous. Called in sick to take time I wanted sort of spontaneously. These policies do not inspire honesty. If they will not work with you, work against them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)