Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I have volunteered to work on Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter - sm

Posted: Apr 28th, 2017 - 9:23 am In Reply to: WHAT HAPPENED WHEN YOU REFUSED TO WORK YOUR SHARE OF HOLIDAYS - FORMER HOSPITAL MT

Because I do not have kids and we usually are not able to travel to be with family anyway, I have volunteered to do holidays BECAUSE OF PARENTS WITH KIDS. I learned to be charitable from observing my aunt who is single without children who did the same in the hospital she worked at.

HOWEVER, I am tired of moms who take time off constantly during work hours because "suzie has the sniffles." They actually laugh about "calling in sick" because they have "things to do." I guess they do not realize that others have to cover for them.

Some of the people who get their holidays off should probably be thanking those who are volunteering to cover--maybe just once would be nice.

I realize you have chosen a difficult course in your life, but we are all equal. I do not think a supervisor should be able to do that to you at the last minute, but on the other hand, patients get sick on holidays and that is the way it is sometimes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)