Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Very interesting to know, usually when I have - OOW I just wait the 15 minutes

Posted: Apr 21st, 2017 - 6:44 am In Reply to: When I am OOW, I clock in as OOW--sm - anon

I had not realized that you can get paid for multiple OOWs if they are less than 15 minutes.

I do sometimes check in during the 15 minutes and then clock out if work, but usually I figure if OOW is going to happen a few times (which usually it does, if you get one you get more), I like to do the protocol in case I am short hours and then I can not have to make them up since the OOW.

My latest strategy (to deal with what I loosely refer to as my "job" - let's face it, a real full time job actually has work and pays you for 40 hours, but this, well...) to deal with multiple OOWs is to only work within my shift hours, keep trying (once you stop and go away for a while, it is VERY hard to get back into it, so by all means take a break, but do not convince yourself you are done for the day - unless you can afford it, that is!) to see if any work, and attempt to get the usual amount of lines in a smaller amount of hours.

I do find having breaks between jobs means I can concentrate more and get a better line count. When I have plenty of work I usually just plow through the 8 hours and take my breaks when in the system, which is not great, but I really hate adding time on at the end of the day. All that logging in an out and figuring out how many minutes in that fraction, well, that's for the birds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)