Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Do you know what they do pay for? Is it - just the initial 15 minutes?

Posted: Apr 20th, 2017 - 1:17 pm In Reply to: I clock in under OOW and send an email. - sm

Or nothing at all? I just do the OOW once, but then if there is work fine, but if there is another OOW I don't bother again. I'm guessing they only pay for 1 OOW of 15 minutes (if at all).

I take whatever I can get within my shift, but then try not to work outside my shift and deal with less lines. I really try not to take PTO anymore for OOW since it adds up and I can't string together a week off! Then again, sometimes financial needs require using the PTO time, which I hate.

My state prohibits part time unemployment unless you work less than 4 days a week, even for 15 minutes, and as you know that is often the case with the OOW - you get 15 minutes in the morning and then nothing for hours. So before applying for the part time unemployment just check what your state does.

I love when they tell you you are free for the day, nice of them, but of course you are not PAID for the day, just free to take time off without pay. Makes me wish I really didn't need the money, but that's not the case unfortunately!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)