Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

IC Questions - Elf

Posted: Oct 16th, 2016 - 11:25 am

As an IC, is the company allowed to require you to stick to a regular schedule (same hours and same days of the week) once the IC tells the company what hours they can work?  I know the IC chooses their hours but if the IC agrees (on request from company) to work from 9 to 5 Monday through Friday, that is more or less a set schedule.   Can the company do that?  Yes they let the IC "choose" their schedule so to speak but the IC must stick to that schedule from now on and can't spread out the hours, change them depending on what is going on, etc. ..OR can it be any hours any given day as long as the work gets done and is completed before turnaround time?   In other words, can the company require the IC to pick their schedule (same time, same days every day) and stick with this?   Sounds like employee work to me except the IC in addition had to provide all work material and computer and keep up with taxes and write offs, no vacation, and everything else.  Any advice on IC would be very much appreciated. And lastly, has anyone heard of transcription companies that do NOT count templates as part of a line count?   One line equals 80 characters for clinical, 95 characters for psychiatric (MINUS TEMPLATES). Pardon any errors or typos   I am on my phone and not worried about that right now lol.
 Sincerely, Confused MT 
As an IC, is the company allowed to require you to stick to a regular schedule (same hours and same days of the week) once the IC tells the company what hours they can work?  I know the IC chooses their hours but if the IC agrees (on request from company) to work from 9 to 5 Monday through Friday, that is more or less a set schedule.   Can the company do that?  Yes they let the IC "choose" their schedule so to speak but the IC must stick to that schedule from now on and can't spread out the hours, change them depending on what is going on, etc. ..OR can it be any hours any given day as long as the work gets done and is completed before turnaround time?   In other words, can the company require the IC to pick their schedule (same time, same days every day) and stick with this?   Sounds like employee work to me except the IC in addition had to provide all work material and computer and keep up with taxes and write offs, no vacation, and everything else.  Any advice on IC would be very much appreciated. And lastly, has anyone heard of transcription companies that do NOT count templates as part of a line count?   One line equals 80 characters for clinical, 95 characters for psychiatric (MINUS TEMPLATES). Pardon any errors or typos   I am on my phone and not worried about that right now lol. Sincerely, Confused MT 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)