Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

MT career - dll

Posted: Aug 23rd, 2016 - 6:06 pm In Reply to: Considering the MT field work at home - Mimi2Lots

DO NOT, AND I REPEAT, DO NOT throw your money away on this! First of all, the best training for this is in the hospital, period. That's how I learned, some 30 years ago, paid on the job training which no longer exists. Every medical word, every medication, every body part, every disease, etc., which I did not truly understand, I researched and memorized. It took me honestly a good three years before I was very comfortable doing medical transcription, but then, it was worth the effort money wise. Gone now are the perks, the benefits and fair pay. These things will never come back! You will be working for slave wages in today's market! Also helps if you have a good grasp on the English language and sentence construction to begin with. The MT career is dead in the water. You are now supposed to be nothing more than a machine trying to fix the garbage that comes out of voice recognition, constantly using your thumb and index finger instead of normal straight typing. In the not too distant future, carpal tunnel will be rampant for those MTs still left ... working from home on the computer ... you would probably do better going after one of those customer service jobs instead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)