Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Coding? Really - Nocodingforme

Posted: Jun 30th, 2016 - 10:17 am

I just officially left the GOOD school that is mentioned on here a lot.  I got halfway through, paying my monthly payment and doing my assignments.  While many have mentioned that this is the best or ONLY good coding school, I found it only okay.  I really have nothing horrible to say about them and the owner and her assistant are really quite pleasant. But, as others have mentioned, the communication between student and "instructors" is not great, sometimes having to wait 4-5 days for an answer to a question and when you get an answer it is vague or "geeze why don't you now that" kind of answer. You are pretty much on your own.   At least that was my experience.  I have heard there are some great instructors there but I just did not come across any.  I could have stayed and perservered. I was getting decent grades, but my decision to leave was based on this.  Over the last few months, I have had some health issues and have visited many physician's and clinics.  I always mentioned that I was in coding school with pride and literally every one of the people I spoke to said that coding is now done by computer in their offices.  They enter a diagnosis, the computer generates the code.   So, they all told me that they would never hire a coder to do the work.   I understand that physician office coding is outpatient coding and would require only a CPC certification and I do understand that there is hospital coding (inpatient) which requires a CCS certification but there are hardly any hospitals that have inpatient coding departments anymore (like the MT profession; the coding is being outsourced to coding services) and first you need to get your CCS which is not an easy task and costs a lot of money and then you have to find a service that is willing to hire you out of school.  To my knowledge, coding services require at least 3 years inpatient coding experience to even apply for these positions.  Again, there are some people on this site that say with CCS credentials and the fact that you went to the GOOD school you will get you a job but most of the time I don't believe you will  (my opinion).  So, a lot of time and money and you are stuck with no job.   Another thing to note is that a lot of these coding services are outsourcing their coding just like the MT services did.   Nuance and M-Modal are already in the coding business and my guess is that they are already outsourcing their coding.

I know I will get some hate answers to this text accusing me of raining on would be coding student's parade, but all I want is to maybe forewarn some that coding is probably not going to be your answer to a new career.  However, I do wish luck to all that do continue with school and my hopes for you are that you able to find a job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)