Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Sorry that it didn't work out for you, but you are - misinformed about jobs.

Posted: Jul 1st, 2016 - 3:37 am In Reply to: Coding? Really - Nocodingforme

Sorry that coding doesn't seem to be your thing, but you are grossly misinformed about the job situation. I would say that you just don't understand the kinds of jobs that are available, but I think the reality is that you perceptions are colored by your need to quit.

Just FYI, it has never been the case that a lot of coders worked in doctors offices. Doctors offices frequently called their biller a "coder" but that person was typically not a credentialed coder. Doctors offices have always billed using charge tickets on which the doctor checked off the diagnoses and procedures for the biller to put on the bill. Nothing has changed. The charge ticket is just electronic now. That isn't the job the school was training you for. I graduated from there so I know.

I disagree that a lot of hospitals are outsourcing their entire departments. Right now there is a lot of outsourcing of overflow due to ICD 10. They don't have enough coders in-house to do the work. You might not have known that. You might have seen and misunderstood that article that somebody posted on Facebook in the last few days.

I hope you can find something that you're happy doing. If you had to quit a school because personality differences interfered with your ability to succeed in learning, it is likely that you would not have been happy in coding with audits and production requirements.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)