Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Speak up. A lot. Frequently. - They work for you

Posted: Jul 1st, 2016 - 9:04 am In Reply to: I think I'm probably in the same school that you - Also Disappointed

I hate that you are having trouble with a school, but there is one thing that I have learned being a coder and working with other coders -- we have tough skin. So if you aren't getting what you pay for, don't be bashful -- speak up. If they are condescending, you need to call the person in charge and complain. After all, you are there to learn to make money, not friends. Make them answer your questions. If they brush you off, ask again and again.

I have to say, the above poster's experience has not been my own. I was hired with no coding experience or education at all with the understanding that I would become certified within a year of employment. We don't outsource our coding. We have a large coding department. Several of our ancillary offices have their own coders. We are always swamped with work. Yes, we have computer assisted coding. No, it has not replaced us. Has VR replaced transcription? No. As far as outsourcing, that has been discussed ad nauseum on this board. There are very important reasons why hospitals don't outsource. And all of them are $$$.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)