Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

FYI - noname

Posted: Jun 25th, 2016 - 12:22 pm In Reply to: FYI - Furious as well

I also worked for a teaching hospital back in the 80s and the new residents were taught how to use the dictation equipment and how to dictate. The MT dept. gave a Dictator of the Month award to who we felt was the best dictator for that month and the residents tried their hardest to get that award. I rode in an elevator one night with a resident or 2 who talked about himself/themselves being the best dictator or was I going to vote for him/them or something along that line. They enjoyed the recognition of that award!

I even remember a doc coming down to check on a report she had just dictated or something she had been questioned on and she stated that she had been an MT at one time, so knew first hand what we went through and how appreciative she was of what we did!!!! Can you imagine anyone telling us that now?!

Occasionally I get dictations where the doc will be extremely polite and actually say thank you and/or have a nice day, but they are few and far between. We can't even post a thank you for their politeness or, God forbid, it holds up the report. Like at least 75% of the crap we get that has to be sent on to QA doesn't hold up the report?!

Good luck to us all!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)