Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

What is a MT office manager worth? - Missmarymacmac

Posted: May 26th, 2016 - 2:13 pm

Hello all,

I am not sure if this board can help me or not, but here goes....

I am an MT with over 20 years of experience.  We all know that the world of MT has changed with the introduction of EMR, Obamacare, and pay cuts. I have seen it myself.  My career has since taken me to manage the MT department of a growing orthopedic practice in Atlanta.  I have 2 transcriptionists working under me. He has added in the last year 3 MDs (totaling 4), 3 NPs, and a handful of MAs that we transcribe for.  My knowledge base is vast. 

How would I find out what my current job is worth in today's market?  I am at one year and want to do my homework presenting all that I can to my MD boss asking for, what I think, I deserve.  Of note, I received a 'random' review a month ago and, according to the COO, I am donig an 'outstanding' job - that came with no raise. :/

Any guidance or direction would be appreciated. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)