Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

This is half of what I made 25 years ago. - Abby

Posted: May 4th, 2016 - 10:50 am In Reply to: Being offered 7 cents for lph as an IC. - Is this a reasonable offer?

Since our line rates have been cut in half, some have gotten used to it and consider anything above 7 CPL a good rate. It wasn't good 25 years ago and it is even worse now! You can not live off of 7 CPL, especially with the increased cost of working as an IC. If working for an MTSO as an IC you should make 1 CPL more than an employee as you have to pay more in taxes, which saves the employer the amount they have to pay on an employee.

Costs to consider: Computer with their specs, software to include speller and expansion program, antivirus and internet security, transcription program, Word. and operating system (most commonly use Windows 7).

Monthly costs will be for HIPAA compliant transfer voice files and text via Internet. If you have to work directly in an EMR, you should charge by the hour as you can't be paid fairly by the line while having to use drop down menus, click boxes and move from one section to another.

If working directly for a doctor (which is about impossible to find these days), keep in mind they are having to pay from 14-16 CPL to the MTSOs. You can beat that price but be fair. There are so many factors involved with determining line count. I would always offer to do a few reports for free before quoting a line rate so I could see how good or bad the dictation was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)