Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

7 cpl stinks. 8 was "standard" just recently. - I started at 8 cpl 12 years ago as newbie

Posted: May 5th, 2016 - 11:34 am In Reply to: Being offered 7 cents for lph as an IC. - Is this a reasonable offer?

as a newbie IC @ 8 cpl 12 years ago and made peanuts then but worked my way up to a decent 9 cpl with a different company with a really good doctor who went ehr recently and I lost him. Currently as an IC now making 7/4 (voice wreck), so-so doctors. Cannot make anywhere NEAR minimum wage. Maybe 5-7$ per hour, more like 5-6$. Am just holding out for retirement soon.

As IC you have to pay the other half of your Social Security 6.65%...the half an employer usually pays. You should not have many more expenses beyond that if you already have your own computer and foot pedal. I did not have to buy anything else. If you work with a company the platform they provide that you download is free for you and is encrypted for privacy concerns. I would NOT accept 7 cpl if you plan to stay there. You will NEVER get a raise and if you have so-so dictators or bad ones you will make peanuts. I did not accept 7 but they did a bait and switch on me and I am leaving soon anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)