Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Socialization is what I was thinking about, too. - Please sm

Posted: Feb 6th, 2016 - 11:51 am In Reply to: You can learn - kangaroo14

I highly recommend Work Source or state's equivalent, too. Mine works in conjunction with the library system, so I recently went to a class at my Work Source to learn what job resources they both have to offer. (Seriously, check out your library's website--job/career resources, online/in-house computer classes, networking info, resume builder & helper, etc; Work Source website for hot jobs in the area, etc). I came away from the class with a boatload of knowledge from the instructor and attendees, 3 attendee names to get my LinkedIn network started, and most importantly, an interest in socializing again.

I also am in my 50s, looking to get away from MTing, healthcare in general, and not sure what else I can or want to do. A book I am reading now, The Encore Career Handbook (downloaded from the library, of course) has been insightful and pointing me toward a path I never thought of: eldercare, possibly entrepreneurial. Its main focus is for those us who are older and looking to transition into careers in the nonprofit sector, but a lot of the tips can be applied to any situation. Good luck in search.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)