Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Tomatoes, tomahtoes - Coder

Posted: Jan 31st, 2016 - 9:42 pm In Reply to: I am not blaming anyone - Think about it

I guess it all depends on your perspective. I don't think it's terribly difficult to get a job in coding because I got one. I know lots of other people who work in coding, and they clearly all got a job in coding. Thousands upon thousands of people work in coding. They all got jobs. Why? Because they learned how to code, are able to code, and got certified in coding.

You think it is impossible to get a job in coding because you could not and none of your classmates could either. Well, that tells me that none of you can code.

Tomatoes, tomahtoes.

Sure, some people just don't want to code. I'll tell you something, though. Remote coders are making $40-$50 an hour now and one major medical center is offering $100,000 a year for an inpatient coder. I know people who are making $130,000 a year remote coding.

Sorry, but I think that recommending that MTs consider CNA or MA is a bit irresponsible in light of the poor salaries and difficulty getting jobs there, too.

If you enjoy medical transcription you will probably enjoy coding, as well. If you prefer to change adult diapers, be a CNA instead. That's the job counseling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)