Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I am a scribe also - love it

Posted: Oct 11th, 2015 - 2:56 pm In Reply to: it makes sense to me - sm - she said

I am a scribe for a surgeon. He moves from room to room so fast I have no time to even sit at the computer in the room. I carry interim forms with me and I write like crazy in the room and then chart when clinic hours are over. As far as the patient's privacy, I have my back to them the whole time. If doc does a breast exam, he uses a chaperone anyway, so it may as well be me. To the person who posted the hourly rate, I live in a small town and make a lot more than that. You can always negotiate a salary.

After being an MT for 30 years and the downhill spiral it has taken, I love my new job, don't have to worry about wardrobe because I wear scrubs, get an excellent paycheck and benefits, never work weekends, evenings or holidays. As far as accuracy with the documentation, the doctor is required to sign off on everything. He can makes changes if he needs to but he hasn't complained yet. I had a smooth transition from MT to scribe and would highly recommend it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)