Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

After 10+ years as an MT, - HappyNow

Posted: Sep 5th, 2015 - 9:35 am

I just finished my first 2 weeks working outside the home, and outside of MT, and I am kicking myself for not doing this sooner!  My first check was more than any check I had from my former MTSO that starts with an N, I didn't have to jump through grid hoops to get it, and I only worked 40 hours each week, no sitting around waiting for work to trickle in. 

Best part is, this is a 3 day weekend for many people, and for the first time in 10 years, I get to enjoy a paid holiday!  I have found a wonderful company with a very supportive corporate culture, and they greatly appreciate my MT skills and hire MTs whenever they can.  I felt welcome and like I fit right in from day 1.

There are worse fates than not working out of your home.  I realize some may have to work from home for various reasons, but there is a big world out there that would love to have your experience and skill set.  If you are looking to get out of MT, I encourage you to continue to do so.  It took me a year to find this job, but the wait was worth it.  There is hope out there, you can take care of your families, you can pay your bills, and you can survive away from MT.  Do I miss it?  Not a bit.  I am undergoing on the job training to be a coder, and I could not be happier.  I will never go back to working for a company that treats me like it's third world employees who are getting all of the work to begin with.

Happy Labor Day Weekend to all!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)