A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

type of shelf in the uterus/cervix - dn

Posted: Sep 24, 2012

This is a colonoscopy report and this is the first time this has come up for me.  I'm not exactly sure but it sounds like he is saying a type of shelf.

s/l   ballooners shelf

He says it fast so I can't be sure but shelf sounds right.

"A rectal examination revealed a mass in the area of the cervix and uterus, questionable ___ shelf."

Thanks in advance.

Shelf? - I just found- sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Reference to pelvic muscles and ligaments that form a shelf that the organs sit on.

but what is the correct name of the shelf? - dn

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm looking for the name of it. I couldn't find it.

Thanks.

uterine shelf? - Jackie

[ In Reply To ..]
n

Blumer's shelf? - bcmt

[ In Reply To ..]
/

Blumer's yes! - dn

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks!

Similar Messages:

The Cervix Was What? - Sm
Jan 31, 2012

An ESL OB/GYN dictator on laparoscopy, ovarian cystectomy & lysis of adhesions:  "A speculum was placed in the vagina to visualize the cervix.  The cervix was <__________> with a uterine sound and a single-tooth tenaculum." S/l "reticulated" or "articulated".  Please help.  Thanks.  ...

OB, Sounds Like Cervix 370 -3????
Apr 13, 2010

Doing OB and he says "cervix 370 -3"   Have never done one before, any suggestions.   ...

Portia Of Cervix?
Aug 15, 2011

Diluted vinegar was placed on the s/l portia of the cervix? Don't think he is saying portion..? Colposcopy evaluation. TIA. ...

S/l Segard Dilators Were Placed To Dilate The Cervix.
Aug 25, 2011

:) ...

Uterus/ovaries
Dec 14, 2010

doctor is saying what sounds like "blasphree" uterus with multiple fibroids.   Doctor is saying ovarian cyst consistent with "chlocosudium".     HELP!!  ...

Didelphys Uterus
Oct 25, 2012

He measures the uteri and then says, "They appear to be s/l 'bicolate'."   Thanks! ...

Patient In Labor, Station -3, Cervix CA And CC, Is This Correct? Sm
Apr 06, 2010

I just never heard those terms before, cervix CA and CO, station -3, effaced......   Thanks ...

Patient Is Labor....there Remained An Entire Rim Of Cervix And
Oct 22, 2010

marked s/l "ace-in-clue-ic, cap and molding"... Thanks so much. ...

S/l High Cele Lesion Of Cervix (for LEEP)
Nov 16, 2010

This pleasant 29-year-old gravida 1, para 0, A1, last menstrual period two weeks ago,has a high cele lesion of the cervix. This is very small at 6 o'clock. ...

Uterus Was Noted To Be S/l Arquit Nm.
Jun 22, 2012

uterus was noted to be s/l arquit nm. ...

Uterus *propulsing (hysterectomy)
Jun 02, 2013

The uterus had been identified and noted to be *____________ at this point (sounds like propulsing). She is performing a laparoscopic-assisted hysterectomy and dictating 60 miles an hour.   Any help would be deeply appreciated. I have spent an enormous amount of time on this and now cannot get my line counts in for pay.   Thanks in advance!! ...

UTERUS STAMP SIZE
Oct 22, 2013

I am very clearly hearing uterus "stamp size" but unable to document pls help ...

Uterus With Mild S/l Condroital Intraction
Jul 16, 2010

Under physical exam, uterus atrophic with mild s/l condroital intraction. ...

Uterus Sounded To _____ Sound
Feb 10, 2014

This one dictator keeps saying this and I cannot find it anywhere.  It sounds like the uterus was then sounded to Fostix/Caustix/Bostix sound??? and sounded to 6 cm.  Any ideas?  Thx ...

Uterus Palpates To Be Top Normal Sized By Billotment
Sep 29, 2011

Having trouble with this phrase and wondering if I have it correct?  It is for a GYN exam.  Thanks! ...

Focal "choleascitic" Atypia Of The Cervix
Aug 09, 2010

This is pathology report after a hysterectomy.  "There was reactive squamous atypia and focal "choleascitic" atypia of the cervix, but no high-grade lesions.  TIA ...

Uterus Filled With S/l "softan" Material....
Jun 12, 2013

The bladder was attached to an enlarged uterine mass, and the opening of the uterus revealed it to be filled with cloudy s/l softan material.   TIA! ...

"Amortization" Of The Uterus? Not. Any Ideas?
Apr 09, 2013

Asian doc is saying this poor woman has "amortization" of  the uterus.  (Maybe she's a mortgage broker.)  And even though I have one, I'm no expert on them.  Any ideas what is probably meant here?    ...

Attachments At The "epi Clo Is Seas" To The Uterus.
May 14, 2013

The uterus was approximately 24 cm and was densely adherent to the left pelvic sidewall.  The left colon had a few small attachments at the "epi clo is seas" to the uterus.  The tumor invaded more than 60% of the bladder.  A radical hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy were performed. ...

Cervix Is "six Eighty"
May 31, 2014

Patient in labor, cervix is "six eighty".  What type of measurement would that be? Thx ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Hepatitis C "type 2A/2C Or IIA/11C?
May 14, 2010

. ...

Doctor Says RF X3. Do I Type RF X3 Or Type Out Refill X3
Jun 23, 2010

nm ...

If It Is Dictated Type 2 Or 3 Acromion, Do You Type 2 Or 3 Or II Or III?
Sep 08, 2010

TIA ...

HELP: If ECG Is Dictated, Can I Type As Is, Or Type In Full?
Nov 09, 2010

If ECG is dictated, can I use the abbreviation, or type in full? ...

"bracket" Size Of Uterus And "endobracket"
Mar 30, 2011

see above ...

MMSE Is Pertinent To "an Abunzant" Type Dementia Of Alzheim'er Type. :/ ESL
Apr 22, 2010

MMSE is pertinent to "an abunzant" type dementia of Alzheim'er type. ...

Type 2 Or Type II Diabetes
Nov 20, 2009

Which is the correct way to type...type 2 or type II diabetes? tia. ...

Anyone Type For Silent Type?
Aug 10, 2010

Wondering if anyone out there has any feedback about working for Silent Type?  I have done the test and have been told I will interview in two weeks when the position becomes available... I think there is a mandatory 2 day training in NJ?  Anyone done this and survived?  How's the pay?  I was considering going to work for MedQuist because they are taking over one of my current IC accounts but after reading in the MedQuist section I think I'll skip that one.  Th ...

All Type Pay?
Nov 10, 2009

Does anyone know what pay range All Type starts off at?  Does anyone have any experience with them?  I have a test to complete and before I invest my time taking it, I wanted to get some feedback.  Thanks ahead of time. ...

How Do You Type
Nov 13, 2009

4-ply lift... He has been weightbearing as tolerated in a boot with a full 4-ply lift. tia. ...