A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The cervix was what? - sm - je suis MT

Posted: Jan 31, 2012

An ESL OB/GYN dictator on laparoscopy, ovarian cystectomy & lysis of adhesions: 

"A speculum was placed in the vagina to visualize the cervix.  The cervix was <__________> with a uterine sound and a single-tooth tenaculum."

S/l "reticulated" or "articulated". 

Please help.  Thanks. 

could be dilated - moi aussi je suis mt

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

What you suggest would make sense... - sm - je suis MT

[ In Reply To ..]
...but what's being said has more syllables. An "R" sound and "iculated" can be heard clearly; the lead-in to that, not so much.

Anyway, you've affirmed my instincts about what should go there.

Merci mille fois:)

WANNA HELP - BLONDIE

[ In Reply To ..]
CAN YOU MAKE OUT THE FIRST "SOUND" OF THE WORD "r"? AND IS ICULATED AT THE END?
Honestly, not sure - sm - je suis MT
[ In Reply To ..]
As in OP, s/l either "reticulated" or "articulated" but can't say for sure that the "R" sound is the first said, just the first I can hear.

Thanks.

what I use - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
in my limited family practice when our physician does an endometrial biopsy, she says the "cervix was introduced" so that gives you an idea of "what" but doesn't help you with your particular word. Hopefully, in the future he will say it again.....

Gotcha! - sm - je suis MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It could very well be a similar situation here. To be on the safe side, I left a blank. If it gets filled in, will try to remember to post so we can all have some satisfaction.

Thanks again - am always impressed with the knowledge, creativity and helpfulness of my fellow MTs.

Similar Messages:

OB, Sounds Like Cervix 370 -3????
Apr 13, 2010

Doing OB and he says "cervix 370 -3"   Have never done one before, any suggestions.   ...

Portia Of Cervix?
Aug 15, 2011

Diluted vinegar was placed on the s/l portia of the cervix? Don't think he is saying portion..? Colposcopy evaluation. TIA. ...

S/l Segard Dilators Were Placed To Dilate The Cervix.
Aug 25, 2011

:) ...

Type Of Shelf In The Uterus/cervix
Sep 24, 2012

This is a colonoscopy report and this is the first time this has come up for me.  I'm not exactly sure but it sounds like he is saying a type of shelf. s/l   ballooners shelf He says it fast so I can't be sure but shelf sounds right. "A rectal examination revealed a mass in the area of the cervix and uterus, questionable ___ shelf."   Thanks in advance. ...

Patient In Labor, Station -3, Cervix CA And CC, Is This Correct? Sm
Apr 06, 2010

I just never heard those terms before, cervix CA and CO, station -3, effaced......   Thanks ...

Patient Is Labor....there Remained An Entire Rim Of Cervix And
Oct 22, 2010

marked s/l "ace-in-clue-ic, cap and molding"... Thanks so much. ...

S/l High Cele Lesion Of Cervix (for LEEP)
Nov 16, 2010

This pleasant 29-year-old gravida 1, para 0, A1, last menstrual period two weeks ago,has a high cele lesion of the cervix. This is very small at 6 o'clock. ...

Focal "choleascitic" Atypia Of The Cervix
Aug 09, 2010

This is pathology report after a hysterectomy.  "There was reactive squamous atypia and focal "choleascitic" atypia of the cervix, but no high-grade lesions.  TIA ...

Cervix Is "six Eighty"
May 31, 2014

Patient in labor, cervix is "six eighty".  What type of measurement would that be? Thx ...