A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What kind of images are taken of the bladder and kidneys? - Little Lotte

Posted: Jan 13, 2011

Hello! :) I am typing a radiology report, and I can't make out what word is in the blank parentheses: "TECHNIQUE: Multiple (___) images were taken of both the kidneys and the bladder." Does anyone know what kind of images that might possibly be? 

real-time? nm - mh

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

What kind of images are taken of the bladder and kidneys - just noticing

[ In Reply To ..]
See my posted question to you.

Multiple sliced - maybe - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
just a thought

What kind of study-sm - need to know

[ In Reply To ..]
You say radiology report but what kind of radiology report, MRI, CT, Ultrasound, KUB ???? Can't really help withviews of we don't know what type of study it is.

What kind of images are taken of the bladder and kidneys? - Little Lotte

[ In Reply To ..]
So sorry! It's a renal ultrasound. Does that help?

what does the word sound like? nm - typetypetypeaway

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

IMAGES OF BLADDER AND KIDNEY - Hyper-Typer

[ In Reply To ..]
Would it be gray-scale images?

Lotte, what does it sound like? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If it's ultrasound, it could be: multiple Doppler images, 2D Doppler images, duplex images, for example.

Radiology imaging types - Little Lotte

[ In Reply To ..]
Like I said, the only thing I could make out sounded like an "ee" sound. Like brief or free. It is very short, sounds like one to two words max.

Similar Messages:

S/l Caprishun Re:kidneys
May 28, 2010

examination shows normal symmetric (capresion) to both kidneys.  - renal scan ...

Is An Ultrasound Of The Kidneys The Same As
Feb 16, 2011

I believe it is but today am just second guessing myself. ...

Coronal X-ray Images?
Nov 08, 2011

coronal x-ray images? ...

File With Contiguous 8-mm Images...
Jan 11, 2010

were obtained from the base to the skull of the vertex without IV contrast.    This doesn't seem to make sense to me.  Any help from anyone?  Please! ...

Congenital Forekidneys Or 4 Kidneys?? Help Pleeze!
Mar 03, 2010

In the Past Medical History section, this doc says "History of congenital (s/l) forekidneys" ...... or "4 kidneys."  It's pretty clear what he says, but I can't document this anywhere.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!! ...

What Ways Can The Images Be Said At The Start Of A Chest CT?
Jul 20, 2010

What are some ways that a doctor can dictate a chest CT?  I can't understand what she is saying.   It sounds like amiable mirror column images were obtained.  ...

Pelvic Ultrasound S/l Secular Images
May 01, 2011

In pelvic ultrasound, doc says  color flow _____ images.  s/l  "secular" but I'm wondering if it is  "sector"   Also same word in venous Doppler.  Any ideas?  Thanks ...

Kidneys On Retrograde Pyelogram S/l Kalo-feel???
Nov 15, 2010

"The trajectory and caliber of the ureters were normal and the collecting system of each kidney had fine, delicate (s/l kalo-feel or kalo-fill) architecture with no sign of filling defect." I'm having a hard time looking this up because I'm not sure how to spell it.  I guess it could be 2 words but it doesn't sound like it. Thank you ...

The Kidneys Have A Thin Capsule. The Cortices Show (s/l Mamerrialy)of Normal Appearance.
Jun 08, 2010

The kidneys have a thin capsule. The cortices that show (s/l mamerrialy) of normal appearance. ...

Bladder Surgery
Oct 24, 2009

the area on the trigone was just slightly raised tumor whereas above the left ureteral orifice and slightly down in a **bafond** the tumor was papillary in nature. ...

Bladder Retractor
Jan 27, 2011

Sounds like "mandolin" bladder retractor in a retropubic midurethral sling placement. Can you help? ...

S/l Bladder Angle Repair
Sep 03, 2010

doc is talking about surgical history ...

Bladder S/l Stem? Stim?
Jul 23, 2013

She does have a bladder (s/l stem? stim?) for diabetes-related neuropathy of the bladder, she describes.  Therefore, she has been unable to get an MRI. Pt is seeing a neurologist for movement disorder (shaking legs) and had gallbladder surgery. ...

Bladder Exam/cystoscopy
May 06, 2014

Thank you in advance for any help.   :)  I have an Indian urologist who is describing the bladder examination on cystoscopy and says,  "Occasional petechia are present.  No hornicles are seen."    Sounds like hornusuls, etc.   Uuuugh.  I've been transcribing for this doctor for a year and have never heard this although it sounds familiar from my medical background.   I know I'm going to slap my forehead when I get this.   :/  &n ...

Patient With Bladder Cancer. Will Be Getting A S/l CBX Implant.
Dec 26, 2009

TIA :-) ...

Help Frondular Bladder Mucosa? Or Frangular Or?
Aug 22, 2010

"frondular" bladder mass he says- cannot find frondular / frangular/ ??  does anyone know?  ...

Rocket KCl Fetal Bladder Catheter ?
Jan 14, 2013

surgery on a fetus, cant locate anything to confirm..Any help greatly appreciated ...

Type Of Cystoscope For Checking Bladder And Urethra And Injection Of Macroplastique
Mar 02, 2011

He could just be stumbling on his words but I want to check if I'm missing something.  It's not flexible or rigid.  It sort of s/l exicystoscope! We then directed our attention to the urethra.  The 12-degree lens and 17-French flat (___) cystoscope were inserted, and the bladder was examined and was found to be completely normal.  Thanks ...

On "plane" Or "plain" CT Images, This Was Difficult To Distinguish.
Dec 23, 2010

On plane CT images, this was difficult to distinguish from adjacent collapsed right lower lobe lung parenchyma. ...

Here's A Different Kind Of Job
Nov 17, 2012

write test questions http://www.geiswriters.com/ ...

Be Kind To Your TSM Day.
Dec 04, 2014

Seriously - they are being dragged through this with us. They need their jobs just like we do. I am sure they don't like it and their kool-laid pitchers are empty but they have to play the game. Let's just don't shoot the messenger - they are just trying to survive just like us. They don't like it anymore than we do but can't say it. :) ...

Uretheroscopy Procedure. S/o "pen-in-scope" Was Inserted Into The Bladder.
May 11, 2011

x ...

Bladder Tumor, "cranial/clanial" To The Rt Orifice Sm
Jun 18, 2015

There were two small areas of recurrence, each less than 1 cm, one in the right bladder wall, s/l "cranial/clanial" to the right orifice.  He is stuttering/changing his mind, which makes it even worse. My first thought was clinging, but I hear "ial or eal" at the end.  Thanks!  ...

What Kind Of Clamp?
Jan 28, 2010

The uterus was clamped at the adnexa with a large _______ clamp. I really can't tell what it's saying...MAYBE "angled Z clamp", but I don't really know. It is a hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy. What are my choices?  ...

What Kind Of Brainiac
Jun 01, 2010

puts a stutterer on ASR? ...

Some Kind Of Biopsy
Jan 04, 2011

She also is status post sigmoid loop colostomy in 2007 with _____ biopsy.  Sounds like the doc is saying ped-rectal biopsy.  Can't find it anywhere.  Any ideas? ...

What Kind Of Imaging?
Jan 12, 2011

Hello! :) I am trying to transcribe a radiology report and the Dr. said something that sounds like "flare imaging." Is there such a thing as flare imaging? This is the sentence: ..."increased signal on (flare) imaging, larger on the left than on the right."  Appreciate any insight! ~Lotte ...

What Kind Of Computer Do You Like Best?
Aug 20, 2011

I am looking at computers (tiger direct) and dont know which kind to get for transcription.  Can you tell me any brands that you really like or to stay away from? ...

Not Funny, But It Kind Of Is.
Dec 09, 2011

Googled homeless shelters in my area to see if I could volunteer.  What do you think pops up beside the information?  "Become a medical transcriptionist at your own pace."  It should say "Become a medical transcriptionist and you may need a homeless shelter". ...

Use A Laptop For MT? What Kind Do You Have?
Feb 03, 2012

I've been perusing laptops on Amazon.  Never had one before, so don't know that much about them.  If you were going to use one for one week out of each month to transcribe on, which one would you buy?  Or, if you already use one, what kind did you buy and why?  How many USB ports does it have?  How much memory?  Screen size?   Headphone jack?  Sound quality?   How long do you work on it per day?   Pros & cons?  ...