A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pt to pursue alternative therapy involving "rid u otics" or "riluotics" instead - chemo, radiation, and surgery

Posted: Nov 03, 2010

Pt with adenocarcinoma of esophagus. 

Got it...Radionics. Thanx for looking - :)

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Similar Messages:

Getting Out Of MT. Which Profession Would You Pursue?
Mar 18, 2011

I have narrowed it down to medical diagnostic sonographer (2 year degree, not sure what degree name is) or AA degree in Health Information Management (RHIT). ...

MT Going Back To School. What Field Of Study Would You Pursue M
Feb 22, 2010

in this day and age?  Because of a chronic illness, being a WAHM MT is perfect for me.  Given the current state of things, I feel I may need to return to school and have a backup plan.  Looking for suggestions, insight, thoughts on what you think might be a good avenue to pursue if you had to choose something that isn't physical (like no nursing) but something our MT background might help with.   Hope this is the right place to ask this! ...

Alan Gold, VP Sales, Leaving To Pursue Other Opportunities
May 04, 2010

OR maybe he developed a conscious and decided not to be a part of the Evil Q.  LOL! ...

Dr. Is Saying Pegus Arginase Therapy...cannot Find...could It Be Pegasys/arginase Therapy?? See Mor
Apr 01, 2010

History of hyperglycemia associated with steroid and pegus arginase therapy in the past. ...

S/l ??? Involving The Eyes
Aug 08, 2010

The patient has good tone to her lower eyelids with neutral vector with medial fat pads bilaterally with slight s/l kinexis......   Thank you ...

MRI Enhancements Involving Meninges And S/l Sul Sie
Feb 10, 2010

MRi that demonstrated a white matter lesion involving the left posterior temporoparietal region with some enhancements involving the left meninges involving the same region and also the s/l sul sie ...

PA As Alternative To MT
May 19, 2010

I have been researching PA training as an alternative to MT in the recent weeks.  I do not see getting another 25 years out of this profession which I once knew as a great way to make a living. In my state (GA) it does not appear that we have many PAs, only NPs.  It seems to be that way across all specialities as far as I can tell.  Does anyone know why this is the case?  Are PAs more expensive to have on staff?  Are NPs thought of as more respected in certain ...

Alternative For
Sep 19, 2012

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction...I need to test for a company and my expressscribe has expiried and it won't let me download another free trial...are there any other programs that offer a free trial that I could use? Thank you very very very much! ...

HAART Therapy Vs ART Therapy
Sep 08, 2013

What is the difference?  ...

Consistent With Oscals? Involving The Elbow?
Nov 12, 2009

He has seen physicians where x-rays were obtained. The radiographic images were consistent with oscals involving the anterior and posterior aspects of the elbow. ...

Alternative Career
Jun 15, 2010

Hello, All: While helping my son research possibilities for his career choice, we found out that ultrasonography only requires two years of education and the median pay is around $40K-$50K.  You don't have to be licensed and can take the job anywhere in the country.   Not bad, huh?  Wanted to pass that information along to any frustrated MTs who are considering getting out.  I woudln't mind doing that myself.  Dental hygienists make even more and also o ...

Alternative To ExpressScribe
Sep 29, 2012

I desperately need an alternative to ES.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling for the free trial version several times.  I finally kept getting a message that I could no longer download the free trial, so I purchased the Pro version because I was promised that I was also paying for tech support.  The program keeps freezing up.  I am having an awful time loading files.  Yesterday afternoon I was trying to load files and it took me an entire 4 hours to get 15 files loaded with no more ...

Alternative To Nuance?
Sep 12, 2014

Are there any companies other than Nuance that would provide a semi-decent wage, no FIESA, a computer and work?  I have been working for this company for 3 years now, and it only gets worse.  The nit-picking on QA, slow down to "get it right", then get chastised for lines being low.  No way you can re-read every report.  99.5 is pretty dang high for the quality of the dictators and sound quality.  I am really, really tired of making nothing.  After all, I only ...

Alternative To Express Scribe?
Jul 18, 2012

I am looking for an alternative player to Express Scribe.  Every since I upgraded the last few seconds of every single dictation are cut off.  When I play them in Windows Media Player I hear the whole dictation.  Obviously I cannot use WMP without a footpedal (or can I somehow?).  Please help. ...

Alternative For Doctors To Dictate...
Jul 24, 2014

I am moving soon and need to find an alternative way for the doctors to dictate where it is made into a voice file that can either be sent automatically or accessed from a site.  I have a system for that using NCH Dial Dictate and Express Delegate, but not sure I can transfer the numbers they are using to another state, so trying to figure out alternatives to an old desk top computer with windows XP, modem and phone ports.  Geek Squad told me they can't even get phone ports for mo ...

Interesting Alternative To Medical Transcription
Jun 09, 2010

It is so interesting that I found this today on Craigslist, because I was just thinking about what kind of other services I could offer on a part time IC basis...   Strada,Inc. is a professional Disability Resource Center that coordinates services for disability counselors and coordinators in education, business and social services nationwide. We currently have room to add more academic transcriptionists to our team. We have part-time placements for independent contractors in Salem and Po ...

Is There A Free Alternative To Express Scribe?
Sep 21, 2013

Is there a free player similar to Express Scribe? ...

New To This Board Learning About MT Looking At Options As A Career Alternative
Dec 28, 2012

Good morning or afternoon everyone    As I have run through a list of companies that hire medical transcriptionists I found on the website Rat Race Rebellion (a work at home website) I was directed to this forum and I must say it is a wealth of information so I am glad I have found it ! I am in Kentucky and graduated with an Associates degree last year in medical billing and coding hoping that would give me a leg up on my resume aside from my experience just in healthcare insurance ...

Had QA Correct Me On Speech Therapy To Speech Therapy
Jun 03, 2013

The phrase is She will be evaluated by PT, OT and speech therapy, corrected to She will be evaluated by PT, OT and Speech Therapy.  I thought it was only capitalized in when followed by a proper name like Montana Central Hospital Speech Therapy.    Thanks.  ...

What "off-line" Education Do You Pursue?
Jun 07, 2012

There are many free medical educational resources available online these days, like UWTV's "mini-medical school", and I try to watch 1 or 2 presentations a week.  It's been very helpful to me in a couple of ways: 1.  Explanations about things (for instance, procedures or diagnostics) that I've transcribed but didn't really understand. 2.  Keeping up with new developments (treatments, protocols, etc.) that I might not have run into when I watch the presentatio ...

Mas Involving Frontal Upper "keel Um" And Left Insula.
Sep 27, 2011

? ...

There Are At Least 8 Masses Present Involving "the 2-o'clock To 6:30 Positions",
Apr 04, 2012

? ...

"C-LOCK" Therapy. Is This "coacogenic" Therapy? (SM)
Feb 04, 2013

This is on an ano-rectal cancer patient: He had "C-LOCK" therapy. Is this short for coacogenic? Thx. ...

"wrap" Procedure Involving The Esophagus
Jan 05, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a wrap procedure?  The sentence dictated is:   This is a wrap procedure noted involving the distal esophagus.   I just cannot find anything, wondered if othes have heard of this. ...

Therapy
Jul 11, 2013

MD states:  In physical therapy and s/l "kinetial" therapy.  I know kinetic therapy is a term, but kinetial? ...

Pt Had Tumor Involving Mesorectum, Rectum, "Oh By" Urethra, And Prostatic Urethra.
Nov 05, 2013

? ...

Hypertension Duo Therapy?
Dec 29, 2009

It sounds like theyre saying "Hypertension, well controlled on duo therapy" Any ideas? Is that right? ...

Radiation Therapy
May 24, 2010

Dictator talking about s/l cinegray in reference to radiation therapy!  Help please and thanks! ...

Gope Therapy?
Aug 09, 2010

This patient has rheumatoid arthritis and the doctor dictates the following: "(s/l Gope) therapy - no efficacy.  (s/l Flusilamine) - great response - on for 18 years." I'd appreciate any ideas on where to look or what the words may be...I couldn't find anything online. ...

Immodulary Therapy?
Oct 20, 2010

"Psoriasis/psoriatic arthritis – diagnosed in 2008, but never started on any s/l immodulary therapy." That's all for that sentence and that particular diagnosis is never brought up again in this dictation. ...