A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just superficial to the platysmal fibers that crossed this area, dissection was carried out. - sammypot

Posted: Feb 06, 2010

This is what he said, but I wonder if "superficial" is correct here. Thanks

There is a superficial platysmal muscle? sm - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
Subtotal Thyroidectomy (Removal of Thyroid) | InsideSurgery ...Jan 28, 2007 ... Incision is carried through the rather superficial platysma muscle to the avascular (without blood vessels) plane below this muscle. ...
insidesurgery.com/2007/.../subtotal-thyroidectomy-removal-of-thyroid/ - Cached
Muscles of facial expression in Otolemur, with a comparison to ...superficial platysma muscle. Its fibers are vertical and are easily divided into a small, thick,

I think you're hearing it correctly (sm) - Mushroom

[ In Reply To ..]
just means the dissection was carried down almost to, but not into, the platysmal fibers.

Thank you - sammypot

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much. Usually I can "get" this heavy-accent doctor, but this one threw me. Much appreciated.

Similar Messages:

Fingers Crossed, Eyes Crossed, Knocked On Wood
Dec 02, 2011

Well, just as I landed my "dream" job with a very small MTSO and began making good money (albeit with no insurance benefits), lo and behold if I didn't get a call for a local "headhunter" today to open negotiations with a local group of specialty physicians who are apparently bringing their transcription back in house and want someone ready to hit the ground running.  Full-time, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m., hourly pay, paid vacation, paid sick leave, a one-MT-show so priv ...

Superior/superficial Margin Or Superior Superficial Margin?
Sep 11, 2012

This extended to within 2 mm from the "superior superficial" margin. ...

Is It 1 Finger Dissection Or Blunt Finger Dissection?
Dec 17, 2010

It sounds like he is saying "1 finger dissection" or could this be blunt finger dissection? ...

Does Achromatic Fit For Describing Extern Oblique Fascial Fibers?
Mar 15, 2011

I tried to look up this word used in this way but didn't find much to support.  It sounds right! The skin was incised with a scalpel, and the subcutaneous tissues were dissected with electrocautery down to the external oblique fascial fibers which were somewhat achromatic. Could have a "p" in it.  Apromatic (but not a word).  Definitely ends in -matic. Thank you. ...

Ischiococcygeal Area Or Ishial And Coccyx Area?
Dec 21, 2014

QA picked this up.  I had ischiococcygeal area which I could find listed as one word on google, but I could not find it listed by search criteria which I separated the 2 words.  I can find ischial and coccyx, but not together as the dictator is stating.  The only thing that makes me wonder iif QA is right is the context before the words.  He stated he has 2 ulcers at the ischiococcygeal area.  It seems like in this case it would be ischial and coccyx, but I cannot docume ...

PTO Carried Over
Dec 12, 2013

How many hours can we carry over with Nuance?  Transcend allowed us 20 but I think it is more now. ...

Orthopedics- S/l Cater Or Carried Her
Aug 04, 2010

It was obvious that it was impinging in the anterior aspect of the shoulder as we s/l cater or carried her into about 95 degrees of a reduction with internal rotation. Can't figure this one out. Any suggestions? Thanks! ...

Shoulder Surgery: Then Microfracture Technique Was Carried Out With ??? Pick
Feb 14, 2011

Then microfracture technique was carried out with s/l "ardwick" pkcks.   Thanks for any help.  ...

Charri Dissection?
Oct 21, 2009

Spinal surgery.  Charri dissection? ...

Neck Dissection
Nov 13, 2009

Hi, coming across word I cannot get..doc is doing dissection on rt neck, lesion is posterior to the (sounds like) subneboric gland?  He states hypoglossal nerve was superior if that helps.   ...

Dissection Tool
Feb 09, 2010

The incision was than carried down to through the skin in subcutaneous tissues and self-retaining retractors were placed while --------- used to carry out the dissection down to the spinous processes from C2-C7.   it sounds like sharpi section--but that is not correct. Any help would be wonderful thanks! ...

Crossed Out Posts?
Aug 28, 2013

why all the crossed out posts? ...

You Know What Just Crossed My Mind Regarding That Email From
Apr 22, 2010

If some people are going so far above and beyond what is expected of them that they are giving 250%, how in the world are they not working more than the regular shift? Every day it is drummed into our heads that we have to watch our schedules so as not to go over.  If we're already working full time and giving 100% or more, how can we give 250% without going over?  Is she saying what I think she is saying?  Give 250%, but only put down 100% on your time card?   ...

So Much For Keeping Fingers And Toes Crossed!
Nov 18, 2009

The only jobs that were actualy transcription for me today were the worst 4 doctors on the planet!  I am pulling my hair out today over the 10 reports that had to be sent to the MMEs with all of the holes! Also, to the MME who corrected 1 of my reports: I know that numbers are not spelled out, however, the doctor said "325 one or two a day"   He did not say milligram, therefore, you are not supposed to leave 2 numbers next to eachother, so I spelled it out.  If I knew we w ...

Inox/Einock's/Inoch's DISSECTION?
Aug 06, 2010

Transcribing a superficial parotidectomy, and the surgeon says very clearly "Inox/Einock's/Inoch's" (not Enoch's) dissection.  He says it a few times. Can't find this one.  Can anyone here help? THanks! ...

Interesting Job Crossed My Desk Today
Jun 12, 2015

An interesting job announcement appeared in my email today.  It was for a large vascular practice in Tampa, Florida.  It would be a good entry job for a new CPC.   You know how some people here insist that no one will hire you without experience?  For this one, experience was preferred, but not mandated, and ... even more encouraging ... a CPC was not required, either.         ...

Retrorectal Dissection Between S/l Ovarus And Denonvilliers Fascia
Jan 07, 2010

xx ...

Neck Dissection Levels - Arabic Or Roman? Nm
Oct 10, 2013

. ...

How Is The Workload Today? I Have To Work In 3 Hours And Keeping My Fingers Crossed! Nm
Feb 01, 2013

.. ...

S/l "as Was Carried"
May 27, 2010

"The shoulder was then brought up into abduction and was obvious that it was impinging in the anterior aspect of the shoulder as was carried her into about 95 degrees of abduction with internal rotation." This is an impinged shoulder. I cannot figure out what is being said here. Anybody have a clue?  ...

Anyone Else In The Dallas Area?
Oct 14, 2009

I've not met many MT's in this area. ...

S/l Indoperiscapular Area
Feb 03, 2010

The patient is having trouble with his right shoulder.   He has tenderness in his s/l indoperiscapular area. tia. ...

No Jobs Available. SA5 Area. Still Cannot
Feb 05, 2010

An email from manager stated it could take a couple of weeks to get backlog because each name has been put in separately for the backlog. WHATEVER!!!! NO WORK.  Only doing my accounts and BOB is low.  No more PTO time to take.  I am screwed.  HATE THIS JOB!!!  Trying to take some college classes this summer. ...

How Would You Type 9 10 Area?
Mar 12, 2010

Examination of the right lower rib cage reveals pain about the 9 10 area on the ribs. tia. ...

S/l Supervehicular Area
Sep 14, 2010

He had good air entry bilaterally. He has a mass in the left sup_______area which could be a thyroid nodule or a lymph node. appearance. His heart is about ...

Area Of Uj? Near The Radius Sm
Jun 09, 2011

His pisiform is in excellent conjunction with the radius itself, but the s/l "area uj"  appears to be well preserved.  There is callous formation over the radius ...

Neck And S/l Decloget Area - Sm
Oct 31, 2009

Definitely doing too much today - cannot even come up with this word that I know that I know! Help please and thank you. ...

MT Transcription Area In Your Home, Where Is It?
Jan 25, 2010

Where are you set up?  I am moving my desk and office stuff around, I find if I do that I actually work better (I know that sound strange, but I find that it's true!)  My mother used to move her furniture around every once in a while... LOL Not that it made a huge amount of difference honestly, but it made her happy and it did liven things up a bit. So, my question is, where is your MT station set up in your home?  I thought about moving out by the kitchen and out of my offi ...

What The Heck? New Service Area For SA5-6?
Jan 26, 2010

What?  Anyone else?  I have to copy my dictionary and expansions.  Cannot call support for this.  Have to do it on your own.  Want it done in a couple of days.  They give you an option to go to a special webinar for dates Januar 20, 21 and 25th? HELLO?????  I JUST GOT THIS EMAIL THIS MORNING AND I DO BELIEVE IT IS THE 26th.  Gosh!  GET ME OUT OF THIS COMPANY!!!  I HAVE HAD IT!!!!  IT SUCKS!!!!  ...

North Area NJA As Usual
Feb 24, 2010

with CCM requesting folks do schedule changes also as usual these days.  I don't know about you, but when told we can "set our own schedule," I took this to believe we create our own schedule and then work it.  If the Q doesn't have enough work available for us to do, then why do they still give us this option to do?  There's nothing more frustrating to me than signing in to work, not having any, and then being ask to work later.  If I wanted to "work late ...