A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Shorthand loads new word slowly - me

Posted: Dec 19, 2012

After loading new word in Shorthand, it is now extremely slow returning to first page as it loads. Takes almost a minute, then the bar showing it is loading shows up. Any ideas of what I could do to fix this? Thanks!

Do you mean PC Shorthand for Windows is - Shorthander

[ In Reply To ..]
slow when expanding a word?

slow loading shorthand - old mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you defragging regularly (once a week?) Do you have a lot of programs running in the backgroud, or a lot of windows open?

Similar Messages:

Shorthand Word Expander
May 27, 2013

I purchased Shorthand word expander from Sylvan and I cannot get it to work. I'm using Windows 7 and Word 2007 with ExEditor. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Manual For Shorthand Word Expander?
Aug 05, 2011

Does anyone know where I can get a manual for Shorthand word expander?  I know I am missing some important processess that would turn out to be a great help.  TIA! ...

Shorthand Word Expander Question
Jan 05, 2012

I'm relatively new to this and haven't yet been able to figure out if there's a way to print out a list of the expanders.  Does anyone know if this is possible? ...

InstantText, Smartype, Or Shorthand - Which One Is Most Like Word Autocorrect? Sm
Oct 29, 2009

Which one is most MT friendly to use?  TIA. ...

Transferring Word/WordPerfect Autocorrect To PC Shorthand
Nov 18, 2009

Hi everyone, I use both Word and WordPerfect.  I have autocorrect entries in both Word and WordPerfect that I would like to transfer over to PC Shorthand.  Since I'm new to PC shorthand, I've been reading it over.   I know with PC Shorthand we can use the SHCNV.EXE to convert autocorrect. My problem is that I am at a loss as to what the Word and WordPerfect auto correct entires are labeled or where they are stored in my computer. I did a search and for Word Perfe ...

Converting Shorthand To Word Auto Text
Sep 14, 2011

Please Help! Anyone know how to convert shorthand dictionary into auto text in word 2007? ...

Word Expander - My Free Shorthand Is About To Expire
Nov 11, 2011

I'm an MT student and my free Shorthand is about to expire. Can anyone recommend a good word expander program? I don't care for SH, it's unreliable. ...

Website To Download Shorthand Word Expander
Jan 23, 2013

I am starting at a new company who requires us to provide our own word expanders and I want to get Shorthand.  However, I'm having a hard time finding the official website for Shorthand to download/buy it.  Can someone help?  Thanks. ...

The Reason For The Low Work Loads Is Multifactorial.
Dec 10, 2014

Let's say Nuance acquires a hospital account and 9 or 10 MTs fall for their line of crap and come on board with Nuance.  These MTs are kept  busy for awhile, usually only as long as it takes to get the VR adequately trained because entire workypes are now being completed in, like, half the time than it took to complete them with straight typing. Some worktypes, like many associated with ERs, are converted to front-end EHR and avoid arriving in anyone's queues at all, in any ...

Converting PC Shorthand Entries To Word 2003 Autocorrect
Jun 10, 2012

I want to convert all my shorthand entries to word 2003 as the in-house company I am working for does not allow any outside software to be running on their machines.  Anyone know if this can be done and if so how to proceed with same? ...

Instant Text, Shorthand, Fast Fox, Smart Type, Word Autocorrect
Apr 25, 2012

Need help choosing a new word expander!  TIA!  :) ...

SUPERIOR GLOBAL SOLUTIONS Pay, Accounts, Work Loads, And Management?
Jun 17, 2011

After a long, long battle with my current employer (Nuance) I've thrown in the towel and am looking for a new place to work. I have a few old working buddies at SGS and even an old Team Lead who have nothing bad to say about it. I'm hearing there's LOADS of work and pay is pretty good, but I wanted to hear from any recent current or ex employees how it worked out for you. I am suposed to sign all the paper work Monday (and I'm not dealing with "K," so save those stories pleas ...

Slowly Going Broke
Dec 08, 2009

I'm getting frustrated about finding a part-time job.  I've done so many interviews, I'm blue in the face.  They all want to start at such a low cpl that I just can't do it.   I keep hoping my work pool will get better and have been told new accounts are coming but until that happens, I really need some additional income.  I've tried to getting switched over to another area without any luck.  I keep seeing my l ...

Anyone Else With DQS Loading Slowly Right Now
Mar 21, 2011

nm ...

Slowly, Might Be Transitioning Out Of MT....
Jun 20, 2014

I haven't posted much but am still employed as an MT at a place I actually llike, and even though my check only helps pay the bills, even that hasn't been enough lately.  So, starting in September, I got a job at my son's school district's cafeteria service.  It's only minimum, but I at least know, that minimum is what I will make and will have summer off as well as any days the district is off, plus will be elibigle for a raise (which I haven't seen ever) ...

Lines Showing Up Very Slowly In DQM. What Is Going On.
Dec 14, 2009

The reports are just taking about an hour to roll around in DQM.  ...

Is It Them Or Me? Uploading Reports Very Slowly
Jul 06, 2014

x ...

Page Loading Very Slowly
Aug 18, 2014

Is anyone else having trouble getting the page to load? It comes up with an ad and takes forever to load the postings. ...

Do Some Of Your Reports Seem To Load Slowly Every Now And Then. It
Mar 20, 2015

seems to have been doing this lately.  They do load but sometimes they seem to hang up. ...

Fluency Loading Very Slowly - Anyone Else?
May 18, 2015

x ...

Anybody Else's DQS Loading Jobs Really Slowly Since The Upgrade?
Feb 08, 2010

Mine has been loading really slow since the upgrade.  can't be my computer or router  because everything is loading quickly and working fine as usual.  This stated right after the upgrade finished.  Anybody else noticing this? ...

To Those Having DQS Issues With Jobs Downloading Slowly Sm
Feb 18, 2010

Have you been able to identify any kind of a pattern such as long jobs versus short, times of the day, etc.? ...

Anybody Else Having Trouble With The Audio Loading Very Slowly?
Apr 29, 2012

. ...

Anyone Else Having Problems With Jobs Loading Very, Very Slowly?
Apr 07, 2014

?? ...

Anybody Else Notice Jobs Loading Very Slowly?
Aug 24, 2014

x ...

Are Reports Starting To Download Very Slowly For Anyone Else?
Nov 17, 2014

x ...

If I Learned As Slowly As The Dolbey Fusion SR System (as In Not At All) Sm
Jun 12, 2014

the company would fire me. Instead, I can sit here and almost retype the whole report while seething and earning a whopping 4 cpl. But I feel oh so much better now that I read the "rah, rah, rah" note about Speech. ...

Continuing To Heal From A Chronic, Slowly Healing Wound In The Right "peery Ancurrent" Che
Jul 01, 2010

He has been continuing to heal from a chronic, slowly healing wound in the right "peery ancurrent" chest, which was thought to be tracheocutaneous fistula.  He has been having close follow-up at the VA ENT Clinic.  He continues to have a tracheostomy in place and has failed multiple capping trials. ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

Here's Another Shorthand Tip...
Oct 17, 2009

Someone recently had an issue with Shorthand and Autocorrect both operating at the same time, and they were apparently fighting with each other, because both of them had some of the same expansions/corrections, so the user was getting duplicate text. I finally worked out a system for myself where Shorthand is used for actual expansions, shortcuts, etc. Autocorrect is restricted to correcting misspelled and mis-capitalized words.If I have done it correctly, never the twain should meet, and I can ...