A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

continuing to heal from a chronic, slowly healing wound in the right "peery ancurrent" che - traci

Posted: Jul 01, 2010

He has been continuing to heal from a chronic, slowly healing wound in the right "peery ancurrent" chest, which was thought to be tracheocutaneous fistula.  He has been having close follow-up at the VA ENT Clinic.  He continues to have a tracheostomy in place and has failed multiple capping trials.

peri-apical (apex of the lung) - dawn

[ In Reply To ..]
This term is used in radiology to describe the apex of the lung or around the apex of the lung but it would also work with your sentence.

Sorry, not periapical..could peri anterior work? - traci

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

I don't think so - dawn

[ In Reply To ..]
Periapical made sense to me because of the tracheocutaneous fistula reference, it would be in the area above the clavicle. Peri-anterior would be like saying "around the front of the chest". I am a retired x-ray tech and don't do much clinical, but I thought I had solved that one!
Thanks for your help. If it is any consolation, it's a med student. No telling what it is :) - traci
[ In Reply To ..]
:)

and it is not hyphenated i.e., periapical. NM - annio

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Wound Healing
Apr 11, 2012

Does anyone know of what sounds like "ellipsoskin"  He is saying I took out an ellipsoskin and combined the two holes int one big hole. Thanks for any help.    JA ...

Ortho/wound Healing
Oct 08, 2010

Wound healing.  For a heel wound, s/l using the stack n stall position. Stachenstahl?   Can't find anything close.  Thank you for any help.     ...

Help - S/l Adresion Granulation Tissue (healing Ortho Surgical Wound).
Nov 05, 2011

.. ...

S/l Brisk Flow Status Is Optimal To Heal The Wounds
Mar 21, 2010

Need help with two statements: According to the patient, she had arterial Dopplers done, and her s/l brisk flow status is optimal to heal the wounds.  Large incisional hernia on the left side of her chest that contained s/l bowel and heart. ...

Wound Track Or Wound Tract
May 19, 2010

Sorry, think this may have posted on the main board.  Gunshot wound or incised wound.  Wound track or wound tract? ...

Is Non-healing Hyphenated?
Feb 15, 2010

x ...

OMNISCRIBE Continuing Ed
Apr 06, 2011

Wondering if anyone has had experience with, or heard about, the continuing education program that Omniscribe has available. It's a big commitment (6 mos & $1095-) but could be the solution to getting more varied experience. I've worked in orthopaedics for over twenty years and need to expand my knowledge in other fields in order to be successful in other positions. Anyone know of this course, or another, that would be a good idea for updating/expanding my repertoire? Tha ...

Continuing Education Webinar
Oct 08, 2012

I am just wondering if anybody finds the continuing education webinars helpful.  This month is on productivity...wondering if anybody thought it was helpful/worth the time. ...

Continuing Education/Certifying
Mar 18, 2013

I have been working as a Medical Assistant for about 12 yrs.  I want to make myself more marketable, expand my education, and get certified in this area.  I'm considering using Career Steps because they are the only one I found that offers an Editing program along with the MT certification.  I feel that will open my realm of qualifications.  Their tuition is between $2600 and $2700 and can be completed in about four months. Is that a reasonable tuition/timeframe? Any i ...

Teammates! Be Paranoid! They Are Continuing
Apr 17, 2013

If you dont drive quality, you are out the door ...

Continuing Education Training?
Apr 02, 2015

for what?  To add to our knowledge base that is so valued that we are paid minimum wage?  to keep our skills honed so we are the best that we can be until you don't need us anymore?  how about some training that might be useful to us?  For instance, training for non-MT careers?     ...

Continuing Education Tax Credit For Andrews?
Dec 28, 2010

Anyone know if you can get the tax credit?  I asked the school and they were not sure.  They don't participate in federal financial assistance programs.  Anyone know?  Thanks. ...

Chantix Starting & Continuing Pack? R They Capitalized
Oct 23, 2009

Is the starting pack and continuing pack captalized? ...

X-ray Report/healing 5th Metatarsal Base Fracture
Nov 21, 2011

There is progressive healing of the fifth metatarsal base fracture overlying anatomical alignment. (s/l Trabecular _________) seen crossing previous fracture line. Thank you ...

Elbow Was Injected Using The S/l Mulder Healing Technque.
Sep 16, 2014

Patient has tennis elbow and the ortho doc is injecting his elbow. Thanks! ...

Codes, Coach, Closed Healing Which Is Not Going To Show Up On X-ray
Dec 09, 2014

Doing an orthopod Dr.  He says "At this point this is mostly (coach, codes, closed?) healing which is not going to show up on x-ray.  This is a 7-year-old boy with a left clavicle fracture.  Think it might be "closed".  Can't find coach or codes.  Any ideas if "closed" would be right? ...

Slowly Going Broke
Dec 08, 2009

I'm getting frustrated about finding a part-time job.  I've done so many interviews, I'm blue in the face.  They all want to start at such a low cpl that I just can't do it.   I keep hoping my work pool will get better and have been told new accounts are coming but until that happens, I really need some additional income.  I've tried to getting switched over to another area without any luck.  I keep seeing my l ...

Anyone Else With DQS Loading Slowly Right Now
Mar 21, 2011

nm ...

Slowly, Might Be Transitioning Out Of MT....
Jun 20, 2014

I haven't posted much but am still employed as an MT at a place I actually llike, and even though my check only helps pay the bills, even that hasn't been enough lately.  So, starting in September, I got a job at my son's school district's cafeteria service.  It's only minimum, but I at least know, that minimum is what I will make and will have summer off as well as any days the district is off, plus will be elibigle for a raise (which I haven't seen ever) ...

Lines Showing Up Very Slowly In DQM. What Is Going On.
Dec 14, 2009

The reports are just taking about an hour to roll around in DQM.  ...

Is It Them Or Me? Uploading Reports Very Slowly
Jul 06, 2014

x ...

Page Loading Very Slowly
Aug 18, 2014

Is anyone else having trouble getting the page to load? It comes up with an ad and takes forever to load the postings. ...

Do Some Of Your Reports Seem To Load Slowly Every Now And Then. It
Mar 20, 2015

seems to have been doing this lately.  They do load but sometimes they seem to hang up. ...

Fluency Loading Very Slowly - Anyone Else?
May 18, 2015

x ...

Anybody Else's DQS Loading Jobs Really Slowly Since The Upgrade?
Feb 08, 2010

Mine has been loading really slow since the upgrade.  can't be my computer or router  because everything is loading quickly and working fine as usual.  This stated right after the upgrade finished.  Anybody else noticing this? ...

To Those Having DQS Issues With Jobs Downloading Slowly Sm
Feb 18, 2010

Have you been able to identify any kind of a pattern such as long jobs versus short, times of the day, etc.? ...

Anybody Else Having Trouble With The Audio Loading Very Slowly?
Apr 29, 2012

. ...

Shorthand Loads New Word Slowly
Dec 19, 2012

After loading new word in Shorthand, it is now extremely slow returning to first page as it loads. Takes almost a minute, then the bar showing it is loading shows up. Any ideas of what I could do to fix this? Thanks! ...

Anyone Else Having Problems With Jobs Loading Very, Very Slowly?
Apr 07, 2014

?? ...

Anybody Else Notice Jobs Loading Very Slowly?
Aug 24, 2014

x ...