A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

converting shorthand to Word auto text - debra

Posted: Sep 14, 2011

Please Help! Anyone know how to convert shorthand dictionary into auto text in word 2007?

One by one. AutoText does not have a way to import. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Converting PC Shorthand Entries To Word 2003 Autocorrect
Jun 10, 2012

I want to convert all my shorthand entries to word 2003 as the in-house company I am working for does not allow any outside software to be running on their machines.  Anyone know if this can be done and if so how to proceed with same? ...

Converting Word Autocorrect Into Instant Text
Nov 07, 2011

Could someone tell me if there is a way to convert your autocorrects from word into instant text so that I can use them in emdat?  Thank you!!! ...

Word 2010 Auto Text
May 28, 2011

I had entered MANY auto text entries a couple months ago and now they are all gone.  Is there a way to search for them or recover them?  This is a laptap that is new to me, as is word 2010, but I did manage to figure out how to enter all these auto texts, and now they're just gone.  I know that they did save initially because I used them, but now haven't been on the laptop for quite some time and they are all gone.  Any ideas what happened? ...

Instant Text, Shorthand, Fast Fox, Smart Type, Word Autocorrect
Apr 25, 2012

Need help choosing a new word expander!  TIA!  :) ...

Converting From Word To Pdf
Apr 21, 2010

Does anyone know how to convert MS Word to PDF? ...

ITYPE And Auto-text
Apr 30, 2015

Anyone here work with the iTYPE program with Word? Whenever I put auto-text in, it is gone the next day. I am not getting any technical support from the IT people. I spend the time putting in the text to increase my lines (paid by line) but lose in the end b/c of the time I took to do it. Getting pretty discouraged   ...

Emdat Inscribe - Auto Text?
Jul 13, 2012

Thanks to those who replied about the Inscribe foot pedal rewind..  That works well now. Just wondering about Auto Text now.  I used to use that with my last account with Word 2000; highlight a common phrase, then Alt-F3.  The phrase would then pop up in a little screen tip above the word or letters I used to name the phrase.  I used this along with ShortCut macro program - had used both of them a lot.   Inscribe doesn't seem to ...

Instant Text - Auto Spacing Quit Working
Dec 22, 2014

I've tried shutting down.  It works here,  but not with Word.  Can anyone help?  Of course,  I need to actually do typing today when I normally just QA.... Thanks.   ...

Need Help With Macros/auto Text In Microsoft Office 7 Professional Version
Oct 08, 2010

I will start working from home as an MT next week, however have discovered that the software (Microsoft Office 7, Professional Version) required by the company is quite different from 2003 version.  I have used autotext for years when transcribing by simply highlighting and saving to keyboard strokes easy to remember, but the 07 version has several other names for autotext like building blocks, etc, and will only allow 255 characters.  I have tried setting up a macro, as well with diff ...

Instant Text And Auto Correct Are Compatible With Enterprise Express Editor?
Aug 16, 2012

Does anyone know if Instant Text and auto correct are compatible with Enterprise Express Editor? Thanks for any responses! ...

SHORTHAND 10 Vs INSTANT TEXT
Feb 22, 2010

nm ...

Shorthand To Instant Text
May 27, 2010

Can directories from Shorthand be transferred to Instant Text?   ...

Instant Text Or Shorthand...
Aug 24, 2010

Hi everyone, I just started editing and I'm having a very difficult time with getting my speed up. I use Instant Text and find this to be a very awkward program to use for VR. Anyone have any suggestinos or tips on how to increase my speed with VR using this program. Otherwise, do you use something that helps you specifically...I need all the suggestions I can get!! Thanks a bunch! ...

Which Is Better For VR, Instant Text Or Shorthand? (nm)
Oct 16, 2010

f ...

Does Winscribe Work With Instant Text Or Shorthand?
May 20, 2011

I have possibly found an MT position that uses the Winscribe platform.  Does this platform work with Instant Text or Shorthand?  Thanks in advance ...

Anyone Know How To Back Up Auto Corrections On Word
Apr 08, 2010

Does anyone know how to back up your autocorrections on Word 2003.  I have a flashdrive I would like to put them on so that I can do a system restore.  Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated. ...

How To Use MS WORD Auto Correct Within Winscribe???
May 04, 2011

Does anyone know how to use MSWord auto correct when in side the winscribe system?  If so, I would really appreciate some guidance.   Thank you so much.   Gloria ...

Auto-correct As A Word Expander
Jun 09, 2011

I use auto-correct as a word expander.  It works well for my account and company.  I am looking to see if anyone knows of a place that I can go to and get more ideas of additional abbreviations.  I have created my own thus far, but there has to be some other ideas for other words and phrases.  I am also looking for how to backup auto-correct in case heaven forbid my computer goes down.  TIA :) ...

Word Auto Correct Question
Sep 24, 2011

Not sure if this is the right board to ask this question, if not please forgive.  I need to know if anyone out there knows in Word how to auto correct format (-year-old or -month-old).  I just can't remember how to do it, as it has been so long.  I would appreciate any help out there.  Thanks! ...

Auto Correct In Word 2003
Oct 15, 2011

Hi . Can anyone please tell me how to make an auto correct entry in Word 2003 for -year-old with a backspace? ...

Windows 7 Word And Auto Texts
Mar 02, 2012

I finally need to breakdown and get a new computer system.  I tried out my husband's Mac for transcription but it wasn't right for me.  Does anyone know if Windows 7 Word has the auto text feature?  I can't function without it.  Thank you so much! Gio ...

Customizing MS Word Auto Number Feature
Dec 23, 2009

We use a Word-based (2003) platform and when the documents are finished, they are automatically uploaded into Meditech.  Most of the transcriptionists at our work have hashed out and come up with the best way to number lists that looks nice in Meditech.  About half of us use the auto number feature and the rest do not.  I have figured out how to customize the auto number feature to the way we want it formatted, but the settings did not stick when I signed ...

Auto Correct In Word 2010 - From Below Post
Feb 12, 2011

I copied and pasted my auto correct from Word 2002 from my desktop onto my laptop Word 2010.  I can see the file there but when I open auto correct, only some, very few, of the entries are there.  I have three auto correct files on my desktop and tried copying/pasting all of them into my laptop, but still only some of the entries are on my laptop.  What am I doing wrong or is there something I have to do on my laptop to activate all .acl files?  Thanks. ...

Shorthand Word Expander
May 27, 2013

I purchased Shorthand word expander from Sylvan and I cannot get it to work. I'm using Windows 7 and Word 2007 with ExEditor. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Manual For Shorthand Word Expander?
Aug 05, 2011

Does anyone know where I can get a manual for Shorthand word expander?  I know I am missing some important processess that would turn out to be a great help.  TIA! ...

Shorthand Word Expander Question
Jan 05, 2012

I'm relatively new to this and haven't yet been able to figure out if there's a way to print out a list of the expanders.  Does anyone know if this is possible? ...

Shorthand Loads New Word Slowly
Dec 19, 2012

After loading new word in Shorthand, it is now extremely slow returning to first page as it loads. Takes almost a minute, then the bar showing it is loading shows up. Any ideas of what I could do to fix this? Thanks! ...

InstantText, Smartype, Or Shorthand - Which One Is Most Like Word Autocorrect? Sm
Oct 29, 2009

Which one is most MT friendly to use?  TIA. ...

Transferring Word/WordPerfect Autocorrect To PC Shorthand
Nov 18, 2009

Hi everyone, I use both Word and WordPerfect.  I have autocorrect entries in both Word and WordPerfect that I would like to transfer over to PC Shorthand.  Since I'm new to PC shorthand, I've been reading it over.   I know with PC Shorthand we can use the SHCNV.EXE to convert autocorrect. My problem is that I am at a loss as to what the Word and WordPerfect auto correct entires are labeled or where they are stored in my computer. I did a search and for Word Perfe ...

Word Expander - My Free Shorthand Is About To Expire
Nov 11, 2011

I'm an MT student and my free Shorthand is about to expire. Can anyone recommend a good word expander program? I don't care for SH, it's unreliable. ...