A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Bayscribe new user - C.J.

Posted: Apr 19, 2012

I'm a new user of Bayscribe. Sometimes when I want to scoll up and down in the document with the arrow keys it freezes up and I have to use the mouse to move the cursor up. Anyone know why this happens or how to fix it? Thanks!

Are you using an expander program with BS? - Bayscriber

[ In Reply To ..]
I know when I tried to use my expander in the actual Bayscribe document, sometimes my entire document screen would completely freeze to the point where I had to reboot my computer.

If you are using an expander and this is happening, the only way I found around it was to transcribe the document with my expander in Word, then copy and paste it into the Bayscribe screen. It only took a few extra seconds and sure beat having to reboot several times a night.

HTH!

Bayscribe new user - C.J.

[ In Reply To ..]
no..it's never been to the point where I have to reboot the computer..the cursor just won't move up when I try to use the arrow up key..have to use the mouse to reposition. It's really strange..sometimes it works fine and sometimes not...

I found it could be tempermental at times too - Freezing up, expander scrambling up phrases...

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you transcribe really fast? I often wondered if that was my problem with it. Sometimes I typed too fast for the expander to fully download a phrase, and it would scramble up the words; I'd have to go back and fix it, which ended up taking more time than if I'd just transcribed it out the first time.

If it keeps up, I'd ask your IT department about it. If you don't have too many expanders loaded yet, you might be able to uninstall and then reinstall it, just in case there's some glitch in the version you're using.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. BTW, if you're new to Bayscribe, beware that it seems to have a preponderance of misspelled words in the spell check program, LOL!

Similar Messages:

How Do You Know If You Are A PSA User?
May 11, 2011

E-mail says if you are already a PSA (Password Self Administration) user, you don't need to do anything.  I also didn't see where you go to register -- if you are not a user, will it just come up when you try to sign on on 05/16?   Once again, instructions as clear as mud.    ...

UltiPro User Name
May 15, 2012

I tell ya, I have had more problems with this UltiPro since we began with it.  Now it is telling me my user name and/or password are not correct.  Can someone please tell me what is our user name?  Is it our MQ Central email address?  The number ID on our check?  Just our first and last name?  Geez..Thank you! ...

User ID And Password
Aug 14, 2013

I haven't bothered reading MM policies in so long, I can't remember how to log in.  What did you use for ID and password? ...

Expander Advice/IT User
Nov 09, 2009

I have a dictator who requires at least several words per line in quotes.   No matter often, I try cannot figure out a quick way to do this, and this is very time consuming. Any suggestions welcome. I am not sure it I am posting on the correct board.  Is there an "expanders" board or is this the correct forum? Thanks! ...

Does It Seem Like Each New Platform Is Less User Friendly?
Oct 20, 2012

Just having one of those days. I just trained on DocQscribe. However, I am used to Cornerstone. Does it take a long time to get used to DocQscribe?   ...

Which Company (the Big 2) Has The Most User-friendly SM
Dec 27, 2013

pre-employment tests/testing?  I usually breeze through most of these tests, but have heard stories that some are set up to deliverately fail, that one of them is easier than the other one.  I'd like to hear from an applicant who has tested at both of the big twp, both MM & N, if possible. Thanks for any help. ...

Amphion - Platform User Friendly?
Aug 16, 2011

I was reading on their site about their training, is it as hard to set up as they make it sound? Also is the platform user friendly?  Is it primarily standard or editing? Are you held to a schedule?  Thank you for any help,  I did check older posts but didn't find out this info.  ...

Winscribe Efficient, User-friendly, Etc?
Jul 05, 2012

Have anyone used this platform before.  Is it efficient, user-friendly, etc.  Thanks for the info!  ...

Emdat Platform? Any Comments On User Friendly?
Aug 29, 2014

a ...

Looking For A User Friendly Email Program Other Than Outlook, Any Suggestions?
Jan 26, 2012

I currently have Outlook 2010 on my PC and I HATE IT!  I can't save any contacts.  I keep getting a message that says I don't have permission to save to that folder or something to that effect.  It's has an obnoxious toolbar at the top of the screen that I have to study every time I need to perform any kind of action.  I really just want something simple.  I don't have Outlook Express on my PC which I would use if I had it.  I've been looki ...

Medisoft EMR Remote User Problem - Cannot Paste Into Pt Record
Jan 24, 2014

I am hoping someone is familiar with Medisoft program.  I just obtained a position as a remote user for an office that uses Medisoft.  Today is day one.   There are two other remote transcriptionists.  The way they are doing this is to transcribe the dictation in word and then cut and paste into the various sections in medisoft.   They are able to cut and paste, no problem.  I am unable to paste into the patient records from my Microsoft Word document.   This ...

How To I Remove Duplicated Entry On Fiesa Log Sheet? Tried To Access User Guide But Nothing Happene
Mar 02, 2014

unfortunately, I have to report my daily lines on Fiesa log sheets in order to be paid.   ...

Bayscribe?
Nov 28, 2011

Wondering which companies use Bayscribe? I worked on Bayscribe for a short while and loved it! Would like to work on another Bayscribe account and want to know where to look.  ...

Bayscribe Help Please
May 06, 2014

I updated to IE10 from IE9 and now the QA marker won't work.  Anybody know what to do to get it to work?  Anybody working on Bayscribe in IE10?  I key in Alt-Q and the marker comes up, but when I press enter or okay with the mouse, the box goes away and no marker in the text.  I can go in an uninstall the update if need be, but I was hoping this would work.  TIA. ...

Bayscribe MTs
Dec 19, 2014

No 12% pay cut after all and more info for people who were not audited at all the first week of this plan.  ...

New To Bayscribe
Jun 12, 2015

Hi, I am very new to Bayscribe and I was just informed that when I am in ADT that I need to type A to pull all info on patient ..  Am I just not seeing it right?  Where to I do this... I am getting not response from QA .. Just was told that when I am in ADT to type A. I guess I need a step by step how to on this ...

Bayscribe/shorthand
Oct 13, 2009

How do I transfer my Shorthand to Bayscribe word expander. ...

Landmark/Bayscribe
Nov 12, 2009

Been with LM for quite a while.  Work used to be plentiful but now has been drying up over the past month.  Anyone else on their Bayscribe platform having the same problem? Notice that they are doing SR and wondering if some of account is being sent in that direction?? Please feel free to send private e-mail.  ...

Bayscribe Audio
Feb 23, 2010

Problem with audio downloading on Bayscribe.  Rebooted x20, replugged foot pedal, etc. Don't know what else to do.  Help anyone. ...

What Is The Url Address For Bayscribe? Nm
Sep 28, 2010

Bayscribe ASR - Your Thoughts Please
Jan 26, 2011

What are your feelings about Bayscribe's automated speech recognition program? We have been using it now for 2 or 3 months..personally I think it sucks ... ...

Landmark Bayscribe
Jan 27, 2011

Quick question with Bayscribe. On the manager's end, can routing jobs be set up for each individual MT without our knowledge?  TIA ...

Bayscribe Is Easy To Use?
Feb 17, 2011

I just found out that the company I work for is going to start using Bayscribe next week. I never heard of it untill now.  I currently use Word with my own word expander. Does any one know if it is productive and easy to use? ...

Bayscribe - How Would You Rate It?
Aug 29, 2011

Any information you can shed on this would be helpful - never used it before.  How would you rate it? ...

Any BayScribe Users Out There?
Sep 04, 2011

I started with a company using BayScribe.  I have a rather unusual problem.  The BayScribe expander will not function in the document.  I can bring it up via Control F3 and can add entries, but they will not expand.  When my machine is entered remotely, that user IS able to expand, but within the same session, I still cannot expand.  I have uninstall, reinstalled, Norton off, IE setting fine.  Toggling on and off makes no difference.  I have been troubleshootin ...

Bayscribe And Voice Bar
Oct 01, 2011

Im new on Bayscribe and this accounts have a  lot of ESLs.   There are lots of times I need to go to the very beginning of a report to proof it   Is there a keyboard command I can use instead of having to wait for it to rewind or using the mouse.  Its driving me crazy.... ...

Bayscribe And Windows 7
Nov 15, 2011

Is Bayscribe platform compatible with Windows 7?  Thanks very much!!! ...

IE Closes Bayscribe
Dec 02, 2011

Bayscribe shuts down a couple times a day and I have been getting this message ~ "Malfunction or malicious ad-on caused Internet Explorer to close web page."  I'm not sure why this is happening, but I'm thinking it could be a certain key combination that is causing it.  Any help on this???  Thanks!!! ...

Bayscribe Companies
Jan 11, 2012

Has anyone used both ExText and Bayscribe?  Which do you like better?  I'm thinking of going to a company using Bayscribe but I'm currrently on ExText.  My nerves are beginning to go into high gear.  I hate learning a new platform! TIA ...

Benefits Of Bayscribe?
Jan 28, 2012

The company I work for is switching to Bayscribe.  I have heard people say it is easier to get more LPHs with this platform, and I really need the help with my line count. Can anyone tell me what makes it easier to get more lines with it?  I am so hoping it makes a difference for me.  ...