A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

With a pool flip of the switch, certain people starve while others do the work. - Our public housing and food stamp

Posted: Oct 15, 2014

...budgets, forced early retirements, repossessed cars, mental distress...none of it matters to them. No supervisor has ever been held accountable for their deception, and no HR person fired for covering up for the crooked supes, indeed; the supes are given advice as to how best get rid of people without firing anyone. Just switch their pools, change the accounts they type on, they'll leave on their own. Your replacement is already being recruited and hired, people! 

One week ago, a recruiter told me on the phone they were recruiting for 30 acute care MTs, that there was a hiring freeze for ambulatory. 

And yet, many acute care MTs on here are out of work? Hello! One person here typed that their primary was waaaay slow, then some dictators would reappear, only to disappear yet again. 

Pool switches flipped on, flipped off, all at the supervisors whim. Hmmm, this MT took this long to type this report, that one took this long... so, yes, they know exactly who the most difficult dictators are. You were the living experimental test dummies, and your broken marriages due to financial distress, your foreclosed mortgages never cost them a cent.

You were the software engineers that helped train their pitiful speech wreck while being paid mere clerical wages, not even compensated for the highly skilled professionals you are. 

At this point, most of the HR people and supervisors that ever had a conscience have left in frustration. You do not stand a chance with the ruthless, cutthroat, lying scumbags that remain. They do and say anything to cover their butts and sugar coat their demands that you turn around so you can be had again. 

I am so, so sorry to have ever been employed by Nuance. It has created a dark stain on my resume and a deep hole in my financial future. Please do not stay long enough to let them break you. 

Thank you for this post. - MTinUSA

[ In Reply To ..]
You have summed it up so well. Thank you for your thought-provoking post.

Flip of switch - anonie

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so sorry this happened to you.

Seems everyone thinks they are entitled to ruin someone at their own whim. Guess where they got that idea.

Anyway, I am just wondering about my situation as I am not getting usual dictators and they are the best ones who have normals too. This is making me really mad to get the dregs every single day. I also think they rig it so that what should come up doesn't to you in some way.

I hope you can find something else and perhaps not in transcription. These people are ruthless and cutthroat. They do try to wear you down until you leave, though I would like to know why if you have always been a good producer with good skills and hardly any errors.

Will be thinking of you and hope you will come back to answer us on what you end up doing and if you find something better. I really hope you do.

Here's one for ya - Really?

[ In Reply To ..]
Not long ago, an urgent request for after-hour work and IF you put in an extra 8 hours, you will get 8 hours of PTO. Except, I didn't get even 2 hours OT, so I'm guessing NOBODY got 8 hours, everyone jumped in and did the work, and it didn't cost them any PTO.

Love it that you, too, have experienced deceitful supervisors. - Means I am not delusional.

[ In Reply To ..]
I mean, of course, I don't love it that you suffered, only that I am not the only one to have whole groups of worktypes disappear but still seeing reports being typed by others! On the Dictaphone platform, you know you can check for previously typed reports, either for a particular patient, to confirm what you think you hear this MD saying as a diagnosis on the discharge summary, you check for the H&P, for instance...or you check for previous reports by a particularly difficult dictator as a sample...

...I've seen patients who have supposedly been in the hospital for 6 days, and there is not a single report showing in the system. I'm immediately suspicious, thinking to myself, this is a dummy report, being read by the very most difficult dictator for some reason. Or, let's say the M.D. has been on staff since 2013 when their roster was created, and yet there are no patient reports by this person? What explains this (not typing error when typing in the MD name or patient name)? I'm again thinking to myself, this is a test of some sort designed to slow me down, trip me up, etc.

This definitely fits with the pool switching that you describe. I firmly believe they have certain horrible dictators reading certain horrible reports when they want you to leave. There have been posts on this board before about "planted errors," and alot of people poo-pooed the idea. All it would take is a phone call to the facility!

I honestly do not put anything past them anymore.

Similar Messages:

Flip Switch In Order To Use 2 Computers
Oct 29, 2012

Just bought Flip USB with audio KVM switch in order to be able to have 1 dedicated computer for work only and the other computer for unrelated work items. Have never used one of these before and just wondering if you were in your work program on 1, if you switch over to the other computer for say checking email, does the work computer shut down? I would hate for that to happen and perhaps lose work. Thanks. ...

S/L FLIP 1 L 1-PDGFR A Negative......sm
Dec 10, 2009

Hypereosinophilic syndrome/FLIP 1 L1-PDGFR A negative. ...

Any Time A Supervisor Controls Your Paycheck With The Flip Of A
Feb 28, 2015

...it shouldn't be THAT hard to investigate if someone wanted to, right? Let's say you normally transcribe for doctors in work pool  A A A A with near flawless quality and nearly consistently turning in well below 10% of all lines, and suddenly you find yourself typing pool  B B B B and there goes both productivity and QC percentage? What can ANYBODY with a calculator be missing? Honestly, how hard is this? Everybody who even pretends to care must be totally stupid ...

Job Pool
Nov 07, 2009

How do you stop a report from coming back into your pool?  I've got a report that's suppose to be a psychiatric progress note but instead, it's a large operative report.  I don't do those but tried anyways and gave up.  I've done a break on the job but it keeps coming back every so many reports. ...

ER Pool
Sep 30, 2012

Are there any companies left with ER pools where all your work is ER? ...

DQM Is Not Working.is It Just Me? No CP And Im In The Pool!!!
Jan 23, 2011

oh my ...

Since We Are All In One Big Pool Of Work
Dec 05, 2013

wouldn't it be great if they could streamline the Client Profiles so they are not all so different?  I know this is wishful thinking, but it takes a good 5 minutes sometimes to read through some of these profiles ~ just ridiculous!   ...

One Giant Work Pool
Jan 18, 2011

What is the feeling of a company going to one giant work pool for all accounts and all MTs, meaning that every single MT has to know every single account specific and work type for any job that comes into their queue? Curious about thoughts on this... ...

Does Break Send A Job Right Back To The Pool?
Feb 17, 2010

I've been told abandon leaves the job out in limbo for a couple of hours. ...

You Do Know It Kicks Me Offline Every Time You Change My Pool Midstream?
Mar 11, 2015

...and just not care that whole documents get lost mid transmission. I mean you DO understand the consequences, right, Nuance? ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

Is It Pool Suction Or Pull Suction During A Cesarean Section?
Jun 14, 2014

I don't do OB reports very often anymore.  After replacing the uterus into the peritoneum and replacing the bladder blade, "warm 0.9 saline pull/pool suction was used..." Visually I could see letting the fluid pool before suctioning to check for any leaks, but I could also visualize that the suction apparatus could have a pull handle for easy maneuvering. Are there any OB regulars that could help me?  I didn't learn anything of value on a Google search and my Steadman' ...

KVM Switch
May 21, 2010

Does anyone use one of these and have tips on a good one, or even a bad one to avoid? I think I will invest in one and have been reading online reviews.  It seems a lot of them have little quirks that may be annoying....... ...

Switch To IC
Apr 24, 2013

My previous employer provided my computer and all the software.  I'm thinking about trying independent contracting since most of the jobs I've seen require your own equipment anyway, but how do you know what equipment to get?  Each company seems to have their own preferences.  I'd like to have what would work across the board if I need to work on several accounts.  I've read about using a different tax form too, but can anyone tell me what else I would nee ...

VR Switch Over?
Dec 22, 2013

Does anyone know when the VR switch over for hospitals and clinics has to take place? I was just laid off from my job due to it going to VR. I was told 2014 but wondered if anyone had specifics. Thanks! ...

New To ASR/Told Had To Switch To ME By 07/01
Jun 30, 2010

I am sweating this out, as everyone else has, and it is not working for me.  The rules are too vague, the training insufficient, and I am struggling with doing whatever I can to get through the report and trying to correct "correctly" - whatever way that really is, there is no explanation.  I don't know when to use F11.  I gave ASR a 4-month try 4-5 (?) years ago when it first was implemented, and see similar non-recognition issues, similar heading issues, and probably I am ...

Is It Possible To Request A Switch To Another CCM
Feb 16, 2012

x ...

KVM Switch Recommendations?
Apr 23, 2012

I don't know too much about KVM switches, but I am getting ready to start two new jobs and have two different computers.  I thought I might try one. Today, my foot pedal for my second job came in and low and behold, it is the same one for my first job.   Do any of you know if there is a KVM that will switch keyboard, video, monitor, headphones, AND foot pedal, and can you recommend one to me.  I'm trying to research, but all this techie jargon makes my head hurt an ...

Im Due To Switch To 7 Here Shortly
Jul 09, 2012

would be really nice if we didnt have to use the "dep" to search and not be allowed to be signed into the other one without that at the same time..Never used to be like that it is really annoying..They say check samples, well you check samples and there are none,in the meantime it kicks you out of the other and when you sign back into it it doesnt save your information so you start from scratch and they wonder why we have so much inactive time... ...

For Those Considering A Switch To Nursing
Jan 14, 2013

Something to consider before you invest in training.  Not saying don't do it, just be aware that you're not guaranteed a job when you graduate. http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/14/news/economy/nursing-jobs-new-grads/index.html?iid=HP_LN&hpt=hp_t2 ...

Account Switch
Oct 24, 2014

Hi,  I have an opportunity to switch accounts and work with new manager and team.  Premise is works better with schedule, less out of work situations.  Anybody familiar with CCMH and the supervisor there?  Just want to know work statuses and things like that before I switch.  Any feedback would be great.  Thanks! ...

Switch From MTs To MMEs Has Started
Nov 10, 2009

Well folks, email today regarding yet another MQ program- Account Trustee- those of us with good quality scores have the HONOR of sending reports directly through to the client with 2 blanks or less, thus bypassing QA.  Instead of addressing the issue WHY QA is so backlogged (could it be because so many QA were underpaid and have left) this is the new decision.  ...

Companies That Don't Bait And Switch....
Nov 16, 2009

So disillusioned.  The company I loved for so long has turned into greedy liars.  Who in the MTSO world is still decent? ...

KVM Switch And A Foot Pedal
Jul 31, 2010

nm ...

Help...Account Wants To Switch From Tapes To ?
Sep 09, 2010

I have always transcribed either from a C-phone, tapes, or worked for a national that had their own dictation platform. My local account wants to switch from tapes to something similar to Emdat and wants my advice. He has very little dictation and just needs something that he can dictate from any phone, where I can access it from home. Obviously, I'm not up to speed on new technology so any friendly advice would be helpful. Thank you! ...

Need Help With Shuting Down A KVM Switch Situation ...
Oct 08, 2010

Yesterday I had someone fix 2 computers with a KVM switch to share the monitor and keyboard... I know someone on here has this situation too,  How do you shut if down or turn it off... I did shut one down, but then could not get to the other with tapping the button twice as I do to switch between them...   Thanks in advance for any help... ...

How Many MTs Switch Accounts Daily/every Other Day?
Oct 20, 2010

Lately I have not been able to stay on the same account more than 2 days in a row.  Since my primary that I was on for 6 years went VR and I did not go with it, I have been switched from one account to another to another.  They say my work is great but I do not like being a floater.  I did not mind at first because at least I still had a job; however, this does have negative consequences on my income since I have to constantly learn new specifics and docs, etc.  I am beg ...

BabbleType Bait And Switch
Jun 27, 2012

Hi, all,  Remember the most recent ad that BabbleType placed here at MTStars?  They were practically pleading with MTs and QAs to contact them and clear out their huge back log (tens of thousands of audio files they said). There was no mention of an exam; just contact them and request an assignment.  If you need training to be a QA editor, no problem -- just ask, and they would provide training.  Blah, blah, blah.  The direct quote in the ad was this:&nbs ...

Is Anyone Still Using DQS-7 Or Did They Make Everyone Switch Back To 6?
Jul 13, 2012

x ...

IMedX Bait And Switch?
Oct 09, 2012

Tested for iMedX and passed the below Surgical job they had posted: Specialty: Surgery Job Description: Current openings for OPs (ambulatory surgery/multiple specialties) accounts as IC (Independent Contractor). Must have approximately 5 years of experience in acute care/hospital transcription. Coverage is needed 7 days. Okay....even though this job is STILL posted on another MT site they are telling me they are putting it on HOLD for a few more weeks and posting another add for a nu ...