A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Rumors of Nuance - making an offer to M Modal

Posted: Jul 18, 2012

Hmm, read something on another site about how M Modal had an offer back in June at a higher price, but they turned it down because it was afraid it might bring up concerns of a monopoly and delay the sale.  It was speculated that it was Nuance but it only said Party A in the documents.  

That makes me so sick.  

Nuance - article

[ In Reply To ..]
This is an interesting read. It puts things into more perspective.

http://www.masshightech.com/stories/2011/09/05/daily24-Nuance-hit-with-Vlingo-lawsuit-alleging-bribery.html

Links - Here

[ In Reply To ..]
Here is the story.

http://hdstoday.com/?p=143

Here is another regarding them being investigated for possible antitrust violation with acquiring Philips:

http://www.speechtechmag.com/Articles/Editorial/FYI/Nuance-Under-Antitrust-Investigation-55892.aspx

Rumors - mt20years

[ In Reply To ..]
If that is true, it should make you sick. Nuance will make you feel like you know nothing, with their insane QA, inability to make what they call incentive, and all the other lowdown things they do. It is hard for me to believe they keep acquiring other companies, hiring people and promising them everything, then giving them nothing. Again, it should make you sick. Nuance sux in so many ways.

Their - QA

[ In Reply To ..]
Really does suck!

Excuse me. I am QA and I am extremely helpful, never - picky and try to stand in the MT shoes

[ In Reply To ..]
You need to select the QA people you want to complain about!!!
True, but can't exactly name names. Ultimately QA is inconsistent and unfair. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The QA dept really needs to get their act together because the MT whose shoes you try to stand in are getting killed and losing bonus for the inconsistent QA.
can't blame me. I don't work on the other Fiesa or whatever platform - when I do QA. I am strictly Enterprise
[ In Reply To ..]
No one is perfect unfortunately. QA is a hard job, could not believe the errors I see, but no one can blame me for dinging anyone as I am not one of the QA people who works on Fiesa (spelling??) yet anyway.
Former Transcend? Used to work for them and their QA was awesome. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I hope some of the Transcend QA ethics bleed into Nuance.
Nuance QA - chris22
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been with Nuance for over 2 years and have no complaints about the QA. One lady was really tough on reports, but the rest have been great and the majority write helpful comments that I do use!
Just had a QA meeting and boy your experience doesn't seem to be the norm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
we were a group of very confused MTs. We had ALL gotten conflicting feedback from QA about various formatting questions. Each of us being told to do something different. We would then implement what we had been told only to be marked down by a different QA person.

In fact, the person running this meeting flat out told us that QA/QC were 2 different groups and that there were absolutely inconsistencies in how they scored leading to confusion.

Consider yourself very lucky, if you are not sufferring from the same fate.
True. - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
I've posted this before, but for some reason there are people out there who don't believe it. DISCLAIMER: First of all, there are a handful of accounts that are "Onshore only" and the following info does not apply to them. Consider yourself lucky, btw, if you are a primary on one of those nice accounts.

That being said, QC is done in India. This is, after all, an Indian company. As preposterous as it may sound to some, I do believe we (US MTs) make up a small percentage of this company. Where else would all the work go? Nope, it doesn't just poof, disappear. QC is what your FIESA score is based on. Think about that. QC is done in India and it is what your FIESA quality score is based on.

QA is done onshore by US QA. The score they give does not count toward your FIESA score. These are the QA people who give you consistent feedback (for the most part). They are not the people to blame for a low FIESA score. Even if they do score you low, it doesn't count in the end. The line needs to be drawn here. We need to stop focusing on the onshore QA and worry more about the offshore QC. Onshore QA: I personally wish you could be the ones whose scores count because you do a great job.

That's all I have to say. Believe it or don't believe it. I can't prove it to anyone like this. You have to research for yourself and ask questions.
you are incorrect....QA is.the Fiesa score... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
QA is higher than QC. Your QA scores are what determine whether you get incentive or not. I have said this before and stopped replying until now, and yes, I work in QA....got promoted from QC so I do know.
Is the promotion basd on how many MTs you can get below 99%? NM - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
You give us WAY too much credit... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You do that to yourself. We have guidelines that we follow and if your work is CRAP then that is YOUR fault not QA. So put the blame where it should be. We have a line quota to reach every month and do not have the TIME to single anyone out....I would LOVE to get through reports with NO errors as it would save me so much time and I would get so much more work done but unfortunately there are more BAD MTs than good MTs. And you complain about having to maintain 99%....we have to maintain 99.7% off of YOUR reports AND we do not get incentive pay. My advice, stop complaining and DO A BETTER JOB! Guess what the companies ONLY care about...QUALITY, as they should be. These are people's lives!!
I woudl agree, except for your inconsistency in your "corrections." - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
If you would all get on the same page and all of you give the same feedback. I get stuff back, fix it the way YOU people say to and then guess what? I get that back and so NOOOOOO we do it this way. So then I do it that way and guess what????? Vicous cycle.

You don't get incentive because you already make twice what we do and clearly you are not held to the same standards we are.

Not to mention the little gang mentality that even when everyone agrees you are WRONG, they still won't change it.

Yes, quality is the most important thing but failing a person on a 10 line report for missing the word "a" is a little excessive and certainly does not put anyone's life on the line.
p.s. I am aware of the misspellings, typing mad does not work. NM - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
make twice as much as you do...ummmmm NOT - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I made more as an MT. I also think you need to reread my post. We are held to MUCH higher standards than you are so get the facts straight. Not only do we have to maintain a higher quality score...again based on YOUR reports...we can have NO critical errors or we lose our jobs so again get your facts straight. Are you sure you are not confusing QA with QC? QA has SET accounts that we work on, so it should be the SAME QA person auditing your reports.
Nuance QA vs QC - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Fact: QA and QC have inconsistencies between them. So are you saying we should simply ignore the instructions of QC (since their scores don't matter anyway) and only take QA advice?

I just switched accounts so I hope that my "new" QA people are smarter than the last group. And, no, even my post audits had inconsistencies and, yes, I actually "failed" a post audit becuase it was 10 lines and I forgot a "the."

I worked in QA many moons ago and we had a standard to not audit short reports. It is a deliberate method to "fail" people for minor errors.

The reports we audit are random not based on lines - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I am not saying to ignore QC, but CALL them out on it, especially since I know they are inconsistent based on reports I have audited that they review. For the QA that marked you for missing the, CHALLENGE it and anymore like it because we are NOT to score on minor things like that especially if it does not change the meaning of the sentence. In Fiesa do the MTs have access to the error guidelines? If so, reference them as THAT is what your QA score is based on. I am not one of those QA who score for stupid things that do not matter and try to give feedback to the MT. I do not have a holier than thou attitude because I was an MT too and I DO MAKE MISTAKES, which is why I am CONSTANTLY saying to challenge as much as you can.
You know the line count before you pull the report to audit. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I know you have access to the line count before the report is pulled. At the very least you KNOW once you have it opened.

I am not talking about critical or grave errors here either. In that case, failing is 100% fair, but one 0.25 error bringing someone down is BS. You can end up with dozens of those by the end of the quarter and then your bonus is toast for ridiculous reasons.
actually, your score is based on all the reports audited not just 1 - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
They are averaged in the total line count so one bad report will not fail you.
If you end up with a dozen or so small reports, uh, yeah it will. NM - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
take your time and it wont be an issue - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The small reports are the easiest reports to check so I don't get why ANY mistakes are made. Its the long reports where I see the most mistakes. Auditing the reports randomly has been much better than how it was being done previously. The process makes sure EVERYONE gets audited versus some more than others.
Your idea of a mistake and mine are 2 very different things. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I personally don't think the word "the" either being there or not should consitute a mistake. But, hey, whatever gets you through the night.

and neither do I so "I" don't score it... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
So don't lump us all in the same pot. I sleep VERY well at night btw.
Funniest thing I've read all week. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The only thing Nuance (and every other MTSO) cares about is PROFIT, not quality. I think it's hysterical they've got you believing quality is the most important thing to them. You're right about one thing, it should be, but sadly, it's not.

When I worked for Nuance, I noticed that I was the only MT who didn't put a blank on very hard-to-understand phrase one doctor always said - I worked at a hospital where Nuance took over the account and I went to work for Nuance along with it - so I knew precisely what the doctor was saying because my former supervisor at the hospital asked him what it was he was saying. You know what? The QA dinged me for putting a wrong word in that phrase, because SHE misunderstood what he said - except, like I said, I knew I had typed the right word. I talked to my supervisor, and even though she agreed, it wasn't changed. So QA isn't perfect. I also stopped telling my supervisor about similar mistakes being made on that account, because they DO NOT CARE. Why should I?

If you wonder why quality suffers, there's a myriad of reasons, so don't assume most MTs are bad, more like quite a few of them are disgruntled, resentful, tired, and struggling to make ends meet because of unfair wages, lack of work, shoddy treatment and idiotic demands put forth by MTSOs like Nuance, with little in return for the MT. Oh, wait, no, last year, for MT week, they sent me a pen! It was cheap and broken, I was never actually able to write with it, but hey, that's something! What an incentive to take pride in my work that was! Instead of spending money on pens and journals, they should have raised my pay. That would have been much more useful to me than a broken pen.

Their plan with regard to MTs is to treat their MTs like bottom-of-the-barrel scum, tear them down until they feel completely worthless, pay them almost nothing, all the while telling them, please, make sure your quality is top notch. I say good luck with that. Nuance is a complete joke.
so misinformed...without QUALITY you lose - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
the account....how is that profitable? Duh!! And years ago when the pay WAS good I audited reports so no..there ARE a LOT of bad MTs. I would have never believed it if I had not experienced it so this is NOT an assumption, it is FACT and very sad!
Yep there are bad MTs and there are even WORSE QA people. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
A chip on the shoulder and a little bit of power = a nasty mix.

There should be ZERO inconsistencies in QA. You should have ZERO margin of error and you should be required to have 100% scores.

I have challenged several scores and was told by TL they agreed with me but the scores were NEVER changed.

Nuance has a serious problem with their QA dept and it needs to be addressed.
In a perfect world, yes...you keep telling yourself that - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
because we all are so far from being perfect. Are you perfect? I highly doubt it and neither am I. So why would a company set itself up to fail like that? All I can say about your comment is WOW. And what is YOUR quality like?
99% or higher. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been doing this forever and I take it seriously, even at 4 cpl.

It isn't that I cannot pass the audits, it's the frustration at the inconsistency and the frustration of QA/QC not being able to agree on even the smallest of things.

Seriously, you need to get it together. When my TL tells us in a meeting that QA and QC are inconsistent and 10 of us have been told 10 different things, there is a problem.

If QA would stop being in defense mode and fix the problem, we would all be much happier.

what about the MT and TL in defense mode.. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
There is ALWAYS a reason given when a reversal is not made. Are you getting this info back from your TL? Focus on the post audit feedback ONLY and you will not have a problem maintaining over 99%. It is the score that matters!
Oh, come on. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, there are bad MTs, and there are bad QAs. Though quite frankly, as an MT, I really took offense that someone who didn't even know what was on the Joint Commission's Do Not Use list had the power to fail my reports. Another thing I challenged and it wasn't changed, by the way.

Quality is important, though with all the bad MTs running around, you'd think they'd lose accounts left and right, yet they don't.

The bottom line is profit, because it's a BUSINESS. If it helps you sleep at night believing you work for a company that only cares about quality, then do what you gotta do, I guess.
way to much credit - mt20years
[ In Reply To ..]
You are really brainwashed. What are you, a Nuance cheerleader? The only thing Nuance cares about is PROFIT, that's it. I am sure you will go far in the company, like sheep to the slaughter, because when the workers stop working or India gets all our accounts, you won't have a job.
brainwashed...no...well informed....yes - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Unlike some I have ALWAYS made good money AND maintained well above 99% which has made me an ASSET so have always been treated well. You either make it or you don't but it is up to YOU. My point with my original post...stop blaming everyone else for your failure and be proactive. If you are unhappy....MOVE ON. I would NEVER stay in a job that makes me unhappy. Oh and when I was an MT I challenged my audits and NEVER had a problem with them being fixed because again, I made sure I was an asset...always working when I should, maintaining higher than 99%, helping out when needed, etc. Does that mean I will always have a job....no....do I think I am perfect...no. Why, because I know there is no security in ANYTHING in life so while I am here I will continue to go for my goals. So again....brainwashed...no...well informed....YES.
No self-confidence issues here - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Your arrogance is mind blowing.

I never alter my schedule without previous approval. I start on time or even slightly early and never quit early. I have never missed a day. I have never requested a holiday off. I meet my line count quota. I treat my TL with respect.

If I make a critical error, yes, I should fail, obviously. However, I have had multiple small line count (10-15 lines) reports audited and end up with a HORRIBLY low score because of a missing "a" or "was" instead of "is." That is ridiculous. There should be a mandatory line count to audit just to give the poor MT a shot at passing. Let us NOT kid ourselves, there are mistakes that do not affect patient care in any way, shape or form and are just a QA person on a power trip.

Your arrogance is further evidence of that exact power trip mentality of 90% of QA people.
again, placing blame...exactly what I am talkin about - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
and name calling...do you feel better?
Head meet wall. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been doing this for 15+ years and honestly, I just want out.

If Nuance QA refuses to see there is a problem even when all of the evidence suggests otherwise, it is time to throw in the towel.

Yes, I can and do get over 99%, but the frustration is just not worth it.

make twice as much as you do...ummmmm NOT - sm - fair comes once a year
[ In Reply To ..]
I wanted to reply about 50 posts ago, but finished reading this post because I wanted to make sure someone else had not already asked my question. You said, "I made more as an MT." Why would your goals include a promotion with lower income. Can't wrap my mind around that one.
because advancement requires certain skills and experience - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I was a very high producer as an MT so made more money...so believe it or not I really do not care BUT also with advancement came better benefits and PTO so THAT is where it evened out. So while I make less money I am gaining experience for advancement and better perks so worth it.
Excuse You is Right - mt20years
[ In Reply To ..]
You must be the only one then!! Becauase the rest of Nuance QA is so ridiculous. So, you are excused.

MTSOs scoff at all other U.S. laws, so I'm sure - theyll find a way around monopoly laws!

[ In Reply To ..]
Likely all they have to do is throw money at the right group of politicians, and with a wink and a nod, any monopoly barriers will cease to exist for them. After all, they skate around minimum wage, overtime pay, discrimination and, sometimes, even pay itself.

im sure the monopoly laws dont apply to - offshore owned companies

[ In Reply To ..]
which MModal is. It is owned by an Indian. Therefore, rules dont apply.

This is true. Most seem to be Indian-owned, with - fake US home offices, such as Acusis.

[ In Reply To ..]
-

Similar Messages:

Misinformation, Rumors And Lies
May 10, 2010

I am a current TTS employee and I started out there as an IC MT.  I am continually amazed at the malicious gossip that is spread on this board about TTS.  Editors and QA personnel do not take work from the MTs, we're asked to step on to help out if there is a high backlog.  If we want to work after our hourly-rate-of-pay shift is over, we have to ask permission from the shift leads, just like anyone else.  There's no "double dip" going on, we work an hourl ...

What's The Word On Ascend - Rumors About No Pay True?
Dec 21, 2009

Can't tell from the archives if only a couple people were having problems with not getting paid or if it was company-wide.  Nothing good in the archives though.  Anybody have anything to say about this company?  Just looking for truth before I apply. ...

K&R Associates, Heard Rumors, Any Information?
Oct 25, 2011

thinking about applying but heard there is hardly any work and communication is horrible, anyone work there with information?  Thanks in advance. ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Nuance OSI
Apr 14, 2011

Any thoughts on this merger???? ...

Web/Nuance Ad
Sep 15, 2011

Does anyone know why the ad says "No inquiries from overseas" when they obviously offshore the work?  Anyone reading that would incorrectly assume they do not offshore.  I was reading an article in the newspaper that a journalist was talking about a few days ago regarding the hospital outsourcing to the Web/Nuance, and the spokesperson for the hospital said in the article that the company only employs US MTs.  ...

Nuance -?
Oct 08, 2011

xx ...

Nuance PTO ?
Oct 23, 2011

The ad Nuance has up says increased PTO.  Anyone willing to tell me what it is now. Also information on their bonus program would be helpful.  Thank you. ...

WMX/NUANCE Here It Is......
Nov 04, 2011

....First send us an email with fabulous Nuance ins (bad news) because they had to announce that due to open season. However at the same time telling us that the new pay structure (probably more bad news) will be announced at a later date but will be effective Jan 1 2012. Good way to keep us hanging on while they are so behind with their horrid platform. Guess what Nuance/Nuisance, it will not work as your reputation has gone from bad to worse and we are now realizing that the We ...

NUANCE/WMX
Nov 18, 2011

What do Nuance MT's get for editing and transcribing per line.   Thanks ...

WMX/Nuance Changes
Dec 06, 2011

If Webmedx does away with or changes their recently advertised "PRODUCTION BASED INCENTIVE" bonus and adopts the Nuance quality based bonus then this change may be considered by quite a few WMX employees as yet another cut in pay. I’m sure that there are quite a few MT’s currently at WMX that have a high QA average and are earning $300-$400 (some even more) in production incentive pay each pay period, which equates to $600-$800 per month. As an example, acco ...

QA Nuance
Dec 28, 2011

Did anyone hear anything about changes for QA.  I heard there was a webinar today? ...

Nuance W2s?
Jan 20, 2012

Has Nuance/Alphastaff released W2s yet?  Quit mid-December, have no idea.  Thanks! ...

For Nuance QA.. Sm
Mar 09, 2012

Is there a specific QA staff?  I was under the impression that the team managers did most of the QA.  Is that correct?  Or how is the QA done?  Someone said below that QA is paid hourly; I was under the impression it was cpl.  Any info on QA structure for Nuance would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Does Nuance Have IC's
Mar 09, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance hires IC's?  I could not find it anywhere.  It could be a solution for me if they do.  Thanx in advance. ...

Nuance Job
Mar 12, 2012

I have an interview this week with Nuance. Any advice on what to expect? I'm interviewing for an MT job and have been reading some posts on here about the company and it's not looking good. ...

Wmx/Nuance
Mar 12, 2012

Had our usual update this morning from my AM, one of the best IMO and the reason many of us stayed after Nuance took over. Then at 1:30 an e-mail that he is no longer with the company??? What is going on???  (DO) ...

Nuance Help!
Mar 13, 2012

Can anyone help me with instructions on how to create a new entry in the carbon copy? I am getting lots of dictations where I can't find that particular physician in the CC list and need to create a new one. I am new and need help. Thanks in advance! ...

Does Nuance Really Pay Everyone The Same Across The
Mar 17, 2012

Is this true? Because if so that means they dont take into consideration years of experience, opportunity for increase or nothing. Seems kind of hard to work for an obviously big and successful company that is only willing to pay their employees 0.41 cpl and thats it, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I mean they dont come off to be the type of company that "cant" afford to give increases in pay to their transcriptionist. I heard that if you work from 10pm to 6pm you can make 0.46 cpl, bet ...

Pay At Nuance
Apr 08, 2012

Anyone willing to share how much per line they make with VR or straight transcription? Or any information how the company is with raises? Thank you ...

Fed Up With Nuance
Apr 19, 2012

I received an incentive bonus this paycheck (for the first time ever). My QA score was 99.3%. So, I get an email today from my supervisor that my latest audit was only 98.2% and they are going to reaudit me in 2 weeks to see if my score is improving or if I need further disciplinary action. WTF? I've been with Nuance for 3 years and think it's time to jump ship. This company is messed up, and the QA is so inconsistent. ...

Nuance Down Too?
May 22, 2012

Nuance servers were down all day yesterday as well as Transcend servers?  Really?  We were told in an email it had nothing to do with Nuance.  That's quite a coincidence, don't ya think?  Oh gosh, I sure hope this doesn't indicate the way things are going to go in the future with Nuance.  Does this happen often there? ...

Nuance Pto??
May 22, 2012

In house just got outsourced to Nuance.  In our meeting, they said the PTO is 10 days total, which you have to use for holidays and sick time as well.  So, if you take all 6 holidays (if that is even possible), you get 4 days off a year?  Not even a week for vacation left over.  Someone asked if that changes with time of service and they said no, that will never go up.  ARE YOU KIDDING?  Is this what the rest of you get for PTO, or is this just something they have s ...

I <3 Nuance. . .
Aug 02, 2012

I have been with Nuance a few years.  I'm an MT.  I'm not the best MT out there, nor am I the worst.  I read the comments on these boards and my jaw is on the floor.  FYI, not everyone has the bad experiences that have been discussed on this site.  I can't account for the horrible things I hear people saying about Nuance, except to say if things are really that bad for you, maybe MT is not for you or Nuance is not a good fit for your career path. ...

Nuance QCs
Aug 06, 2012

I AM SO LIVID!  These QCs are unbelievable!  I used "and" instead of "the" and the QC marks me off for English misspelling/typo which is a 0.5 error instead of an English word misuse which is less at 0.25. Do you think "and" and "the" are typos?  I think not!  You see, this is evidence that they are being totally unfair and proof that they do not want anyone to make incentive!  This is my opinion!  Anything to bring your score down!  Man this pisses me off!&n ...

Qtn About Nuance Pay
Aug 08, 2012

I don't work for Nuance but have a question.  Somewhere on MTStars, I saw the amount they deduct from your pay if your QA percentage is low.  Please explain.  How much do they pay per line and how much do they deduct if you have low QA percentage?  Thanks so much in advance.  I have looked and looked but can't find the previous post.  ...

QC/QA Pay At Nuance
Aug 16, 2012

There is someone who claims to be a QC for Nuance and that they are only paid minimum wage for this position.  That is utter nonsense.  Why would any experienced MLS take a minimum wage job in the MT industry when you could make more than that on production easily.  If you are experienced enough to be in QC or QA then please don't lie to the rest of us and tell us that you only make minimum wage.   ...