A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

QA score deducting points if they are able to resolve the blank... - A.B.

Posted: Jan 29, 2015

Is this new? I just noticed that the last report I had sent to QA had .25 points deducted because they were able to fill in my blank. I know these scores don't count like QC scores do, but I find it bizare that they deduct points for it. I feel like I'm being punished for not being as swift as a QC person. Yikes! I did hear what the doctor said, but it didn't make sense to me so I wanted another opinion before it went to the client. Isn't that what we are supposed to do!

I also wonder whether they have better audio - than we do

[ In Reply To ..]
It is impossible to know, really.

Okay, now I'm really confused. I thought the ones with the blanks went to QC and the QC reviews were the ones that don't count against you, points wise, now you are telling me the QA ones are the ones that don't count?

I think only post-audit ones count, point wise, but then you do wonder why they use a point system rather than just sending an email and telling you what you missed?

QC is where you send blanks. QA is the one that does - post audit and scoring. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Reply to QA score - AnonQC

[ In Reply To ..]
QC is where you send a report for blanks, but blanks are not counted against. It's possible the QC accidentally chose "blanks resolved." That has a 0.25 value. QA is post submission to client. QA is what affects your accuracy score.
So choosing "blanks resolved" was a mistake? - A.B.
[ In Reply To ..]
That is what happened. I thought it was weird. Glad it doesn't count while they're making their mistakes!
Opps, are you one of them AnonQC? - A.B.
[ In Reply To ..]
Hope I didn't offend you if you are a QA/QC person! I assumed everyone here was an MLS. Do you sometimes feel like the enemy instead of a coworker?
No harm, no foul - AnonQC
[ In Reply To ..]
Everyone makes mistakes. It was likely a QC error.
I got dinged for same... - I posted it early this week.
[ In Reply To ..]
Post audit--they filled in the blank, I requested a reversal because I questioned whether it was a redundant surgery. Account allows 3 blanks. I got an error because they filled the blank in even when I explained why I left it blank.
That's a total BS error! - AnonQC
[ In Reply To ..]
It should absolutely be reversed.
Here is what I got back. - mm
[ In Reply To ..]
REJECTED: Physician specifically states again to add knee, rotator cuff and patella.

Ummmmm,no...he did not say AGAIN to add knee, rotator cuff and patella. Knee surgery was not in the same sentence as the patella.

3 blank account.

If a DX is repeated in a DX list, I am supposed to take that out...this was the same thing.

Either leave it, take it out or the safest blank it, can't win...

Sorry I mixed that up and confused you guys. - A.B.

[ In Reply To ..]
You are right nm. My platform is InScribe and they call QC QA on the feedback page so I get confused myself.

That is right. What they send back to us - CINDY

[ In Reply To ..]
They send to Fiesa a piece of what the error was, but its useless.

So basically, they don't want us to send anything to QA, but they would rather go and look at reports we have already typed to see if we made mistakes instead of having the reports go through correctly the first time by discouraging us to send it to QA. What a screwed up bunch of idiots. Doesn't it seem really stupid to post audit something and have to tell the hospital they need to make these corrections which are probably just stupid little, ifs, ands or buts, or some other minor things. I would think that would make them look much stupider than trying to help the transcriptionist without dinging her score.

It doesn't surprise me that they can... - fill in blanks sometimes

[ In Reply To ..]
Often when I am working and cannot figure out what someone is saying - slurring through it - saying it fast, etc., and I know that if I just had a "pair of ears" like in the old days working in house, I could play it out loud and someone would tell me what I am missing - once I get something in my head, I cannot "hear" anything else - and it is often something simple that I just can't pick apart. We used to "phone a friend" who was in transcription - play it out loud for them to hear and maybe they could tell you - not always, but sometimes it worked. Not anymore, so now we send on those blanks and the next person is able to hear it immediately and wonder why we didn't get it. But that is the nature of the business now -
I had a friend in transcription that would call me the next day and tell me that while she was in the shower, it came to her what the word was that we were trying to get the day before - I'm not that good - and besides, once I put my headphones down for the day, I'm done....
Sorry - living in the past a little bit here.....LOL.

If you send to QA for a question - CINDY

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, that's what most QA do, but it seems here at Nuance if you send something to QA because you want a second opinion and you ask that, they always deduct points, at least in my cases. Maybe its because they are in India and don't understand the concept of needing to have it listened to by another set of ears because its not really clear and you want to make sure you put it correctly, but they always send mine back to Fiesa with points deducted.

You do not send to QA, you send to QC. Big difference. - The scores on QC reports mean nothing.

[ In Reply To ..]
When you submit a report because you are questioning items, leaving more blanks than the account permits, this report will be reviewed by QC editors. The scores on these reports mean 0, zip, nada. As far as pay goes, only the number of these you submit matters!

When QA pulls a report for audit (a report you submitted straight through to the client) - these QA scores are the killers. These scores MATTER!

QC scores do not and will not ever be reversed. Just take the feedback (even when it is wrong) and let this crap roll off as the indignity it is for all of us. When you get back a QA audit that is incorrect, yes, request reversal, because these scores drop your score quicker than you can say, "I so cannot stand this place!"

Similar Messages:

Cardiac Term - Is It CHAD Score - Or CHADS Score?
Mar 25, 2013

Is it CHAD score - or CHADS score? On search I find CHAD, CHADS, and CHADS2. He is not saying a "2" at all, and with him saying "score" right after "chad," I don't know if there should be an 's' on CHAD or not. The dictated sentence is:  He does have a recent diagnosis of lone atrial fibrillation with a low CHAD score. Thanks for any help. ...

Deducting From QA For Blanks
Aug 10, 2013

Is it common for the transcription services to deduct from our QA score now, or is this exclusive to Nuance?  I'm pretty frustrated today:  VR had said 14 cm, but it sure sounded like 40 cm, but it was an orbital rim fracture (a small area), so I was reluctant to change it to 40 without another pair of ears.  I put this in an elaboration (which we're not paid for) and found I was dinged 0.25 for my efforts (only thing "wrong" with the report).  I'm not sure I c ...

Companies Deducting From Your Wages
Aug 13, 2012

On the Company board, someone commented that Global Information Systems is deducting $5.00 per error.  THIS IS WRONG and it DOES make your company irreputable.  Another person commented their company was reputable and does the same thing.  In what world is it sensible to say a company is reputable and then cite how they behave illegally? This link fills you in.  Your company can't deduct your wages unless you signed an agreement saying they could.  And if you did t ...

Resolve To Make A Fresh Start For 2013! Map Your Career Path With Nuance Transcription Services
Jan 05, 2013

Resolve to make a fresh start for 2013! Map your career path with Nuance Transcription Services!  As if I any one in their right mind wants to work for a company with such high standards that they are unattainable to most.   This underpaying J.O.B. is really not blowing my skirt up anymore!   ...

Wait A Minute...They Are Figuring LPH AFTER Deducting
Jan 15, 2015

It just occurred to me. Not only are we getting a 5% deduction for having a "good platform" but the LPH (Lines Per Hour) are also figured AFTER taking off the 5%. So if I actually TYPE 950 lines in 5 hours which is 190 LPH, now I am only getting 902 lines in 5 hours which is 180.5 LPH, which drops me down a tier on the grid which ALSO docks my pay BESIDES the 5% they are docking for the "good platform." You would not think that 5% makes a difference, but it DOES. I checked this with my payst ...

C-score Or Z-score On Pediatric Echo
Apr 20, 2012

I am transcribing a pediatric echo and the doctor says C-score or Z-score. I have never heard this before. Is it C-score or Z-score. Thanks for any help in advance. ...

3 POINTS OFF FOR WHAT?????
Nov 16, 2013

If you got the same email I did, then you are obviously doing the same account. Okay, it's bad enough that we have to deal with these perfect beings that talk 100 miles a minute, yawn, eat while dictating, change things back and forth (is it a he or a she?), thank God the typewriting days are over....remember the go back and change blah, blah, blah.... They are dictating next to a beeping machine or on a speaker phone, or are too lazy to put in the number or will spell Mary for you but n ...

What Are Wow Points?
Jun 09, 2015

Seriously what is the perks program? I need a new computer, if it is even a little cheaper it helps..But I earn wow points and what does that get me in life? Of course, I will price shop because bets are I can find a computer cheaper, just curious.. ...

Deduction Points!??
Oct 26, 2009

Got an e-mail this morning that apparently a DOCTOR is entering the wrong access code and " If this information is dictated and not corrected on the ADT screen, it is a 3.0 point deduction, which often times will cause a failed audit score with this error alone."  So, what I get from this memo is that now we are suppose to know what their access codes are??  AND if I don't my report gets audited?  Do you other transcriptionists know what each of the physician access cod ...

ACUPUNCTURE POINTS Anyone??
Jan 22, 2012

Doc is dictating acupuncture at following points, CV6, stomach (20x30/25 bilaterally) OR (10 x 325 bilaterally).....  anyone know how this should be transcribed?  No luck finding any info on the net so far.... ...

I Cannot Do This Any Longer, Having Points Taken Off Because
Mar 06, 2014

of leaving out the word "a", this is ridiculous. Whenever I think about quitting I feel happy; whenever I think about working I feel sad, micromanaged. Life is TOO short. Just my short rant. ...

Bullet Points In Bayscribe...sm
Jun 11, 2014

Does anyone know if there is a way to use bullet points in the Bayscribe program? Thanks. ...

The Things We Get Points Deducted For, Lol
Mar 08, 2015

How I wrote it:   stay.  However How Nuance wants it:  stay; however   No patient safety issue, and not a critical area, but I got points deducted for it.  It's sad how they find any way take money away from us. ...

Setting Up Jump Points In Word And IT
Apr 03, 2012

I need to set up jump points in a document in Word 2003 but do not know how. In other words, I want to replace a jump point or marker like @@ with text in an Instant Text entry. Anyone know how to do this? ...

Hysterectomy - Bleeding Points Were Treated With Free**
May 23, 2013

bleeding points were treated with free**   help please ...

HELP QA Pay By Blank???
Jan 05, 2011

Hi, I have been speaking with a company who will be hiring me for transcription.  They pay good rates and I asked them about the possiblity of job progression and eventually working as QA.  They said that QA pays by the blank... how is that even possible?  Ive seen being paid by the report, by the hour, or  by production (by the line)... but I have no idea how the QA staff make good money only getting paid for the blank.  any ideas?  Amy I missing something?  ...

Blank Moment
Oct 19, 2009

in this sentence is english capitalized? I am totally blank at the moment.   The patient is an 81-year-old white female who does not speak english. tia. ...

Basilic....blank
Oct 29, 2009

The basilic subtercutaenous stairway was capillary protected and preserved... Thats the best I can hear...any ideas? ...

Medication Blank
Sep 16, 2012

Medication s/l as Clobetatrol substance mixed with water, pl help.     ...

Help!! My Blank S/l Skida Dog
Sep 26, 2012

Needle was removed slightly, redirected superiorly until the tip made bony contact at the eye of the _____ at L4 ...

Blank S/l And Bodyness?
Jan 05, 2013

EXTREMITIES: There is only mild warmth __________ in her joints. I do not see rheumatoid flare in her hands. Her large muscles all in the hand are tender. She hurts just about everywhere. ...

Report Blank
Jun 20, 2013

????  If I leave a blank in a report, send it to QA and even they can't figure it out, does that blank still count against me? ...

Those Who Are On No Blank Status - 100% QA?
Jul 31, 2013

What platform do you use? Was your company absorbed by Nuance?  I'm from Webmedx, work on the Enterprise platform.  We have 2 blanks allowed and no 100% QA .     ...

Has Anybody Left A Blank
Mar 08, 2014

on a test and still got hired?  Not sure if okay to leave a blank but have relistened so many times and can't make it out and don't want to guess. ...

Is This Blank Challenge Over Yet?
Oct 13, 2014

So sick of the emails. I really do not care what number our "team" is in, I know no one on the team anyway. If they want to reduce blanks there are better ways - talk to the dictators like they promised years ago, improve the audio, improve ASR, yada yada yada. But no. Blame the MT instead. Silly contest. All it did was encourage folks to guess in order to win a pittance gift card. Hopefully they will keep the 99.5 expectation, the only good thing that came of this supposed fiasco. ...

Look At Our Blank Winners!
Oct 17, 2014

I can pick out at least 3 in that list that I know for sure just guessed.  I've QA'd their work and it's horrible.  Way to promote accuracy MM!  You know what would get those blanks down?  Educating dicators, fixing sound quality, keeping MTs in their primaries.  Nevermind, that won't work; it's the MTs that need to improve, obviously.  MM is run by complete boneheads. ...

Did My Blank Math
Apr 04, 2015

I was consistently going over the metrics for blanks being submitted to the client and decided to keep track of why I was sending those blanks.  It turns out that 77% of my blanks are due to either discrepancy or audio issues; blanks that I am positive nobody could fill in.  77%!  These metrics either need to be done away with or adjusted for doctors that don't take the time to not be idiots.  The most common discrepancy is incorrect age or something else that I can fill ...

My Mind Went Blank........s/l Eye Cap....medication
Mar 03, 2010

. ...

How Long Do YOU Spend On A Blank?...
Apr 30, 2010

One of the team leads sent an email out emphasiziing the importance of exhausting all resources before leaving a blank.  I feel like I do.  Just curious, how long do you think is an appropriate amount of time to spend researching a blank?  I say 3-5 minutes max.  After all, we are paid on production.  ...

My Account Doesn't Allow Even One Blank. If One, Gets Sent To
Sep 28, 2010

nm ...