A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My husband asked me if the people who came up with this new pay plan were smoking crack. sm - xxxxxx

Posted: Dec 03, 2014

I had to laugh through my disgust.

LOL! They've obviously been smoking SOMETHING! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

I Wrote To The USMLE Exam People Today And Asked A
Jul 18, 2013

Namely, why US hospitals are being turned into Towers of Babel because there is no SPOKEN English testing of foreign physicians.   As it is, they only need to be able to read/write English sufficiently well to take the exam, which is a very different thing entirely from being able to speak English. It's passing strange to me that when I'm doing the most difficult work that I do with some of the most abysmal dictators that I deal with, who cannot string 3 English words togeth ...

Asked To Work Extra So People In India Who Take Our Jobs
Oct 19, 2014

Some gall, huh?!? I'm thinking what?  I have to work holidays when they fall on my regular scheduled days. Nope - nothing wrong with this picture.  Nothing at all.   ...

I'm Curious To Know How Long People Plan To Stick With OTI
Jan 29, 2013

How much longer will you be able to last if this "slow down" continues?  And will you stay with them if they sell out to another company? ...

I Told My Husband
May 21, 2012

been with MRC/Medifax/MQ/MModal for 15 years now. He said "Will they send you a service pin?"  He's a real joker, my husband. ...

My Daughter And Husband Both, Sat Me Down..
Jan 28, 2013

This weekend, my daughter and husband both wanted to "talk" to me.  Okay I said.  Uh oh is what I thought.  My daughter had tears in her eyes and asked me to please quit this job because of what she sees it is doing to me.  My husband, of course, chimes in.  I stated, "We need the money."  My blood pressure is up, I am eating all the time so my weight is up and they said is was like I never leave the house anymore and then asked me, "are you depressed?"  Even ...

Crack That Whip!
Jun 13, 2015

in reading about the pressure cooker conditions we're all under trying to meet MModal's standards - and for minimum wage at that - I think, "Crack that whip!"  Then from there, my mind goes to a story of a woman I once knew who was a supervisor of some kind, and she said once she meant to jokingly yell that out to the employees, but what came out of her mouth instead was, "Whip that crack!"  She was mortified.  I guess there's a funny side to everything. ...

Yesterday My Husband's Hours Were Cut...
Dec 18, 2009

by 5 hours a week, and because he's a supervisor, his salary will be cut by 3%.  Probably more cuts in the next few months.  I know it's not much, but it's scary.  We can't afford it (we're barely making it now), but we'll manage.  I've already taken a second part-time job to supplement my FT at MQ and am looking for another full-time job - that's not MT related. The company he works for is over 100 years old and has never had lay ...

Dr. Cecil's Crack Cream???
May 11, 2013

Anybody ever heard of this? I can't find it anywhere. ...

Shaw's E Mails Literally Crack Me Up!
Jul 23, 2013

These stupid tips he gives in his e mails. Has he ever transcribed a day in his life?? My guess..no! ...

Just Saw On The CBS Evening News That The Gov. Is Going To Crack Down On For-profit Schools.
Jun 02, 2011

Apparently they're exorbitantly priced, large percentages of their students default on their government loans, and they don't prepare the students adequately for the careers they promised.  Sound familiar? ...

With New Plan STM Stated 35% Of Our Team Would C Increase With New Comp Plan
Dec 04, 2014

This means 65% will see decrease and/or paid minimum wage. They are touting this as the great new comp  (local Burger King is advertising job for $10/hour).  Anyone find out if the QC percentage is just for blanks or include all sent to QA including Audio issues, etc, and will EQA be included.  Also, trying to figure out our pay from week to week is going to be a pain.  I am going to see how this new comp plan works out, but since the conference call, I'm not feeling pos ...

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes! Last Night I Mentioned The Coding Education Offer To My Husband, Sm
Mar 11, 2014

and my teenage son, who has witnessed many meltdowns that I have had working for MM, was in earshot and simply said, Mom, wouldn't that be like marrying an abusive boyfriend?  His analogy was right on if you ask me! I have been sending out resumes, actively looking for another job and when I saw this I thought that it sounds great and is a very generous offer but in the end you will still be working for Mmodal who expects everything and gives nothing in return.  I am her ...

Smoking Cessation Drug Help
Mar 19, 2010

Different ways to try to quit smoking was discussed including stopping on his own, starting nicotine gum, and even using over-the-counter stuff like s/l Ease smoke. Never heard of this drug before..is this correct? ...

Smoking Cessation Prescription? ...sm
Apr 30, 2011

Patient given refill on s/l co-nicotine or ca-nicotine 7 mg daily for 3 weeks and then hopefully discontinue. Thanks for any ideas on this.  ...

S/l Visible Smoking And Discharge
May 26, 2012

Dictator doing a progress note on a patient status post fem-pop bypass talking about the wound on his thigh. S/L a visible (or invisible) smoking and discharge from the medial aspect of the right thigh.... Does this make sense? ...

Proper Way To Type Smoking History
Sep 30, 2011

What is the proper way to transcribe: "... a 25 to 30-pack-year history of smoking..." Can someone please provide a reference in the BOS (3rd edition). Thanks!! ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

Pt Has A " Thirty Plus Pack Year History" Of Smoking. How To Type?
Jun 25, 2010

:) ...

How To Type: Given His "50 Plus Pack Year" History Of Smoking.
May 26, 2010

d ...

She Has A "1-year Pack History" Of Smoking. How To Type?
Aug 10, 2010

:) ...

Pt Had A "3-year Pack-history" Of Smoking. How To Type?
May 31, 2011

?? ...

Medication Sounds Like "Jenowen" Smoking Cessation?
Aug 07, 2012

in the meds list: s/l "Jenowin" 2 mg transdermal patch weekly I feel like I should know what thsi is, but I can't figure it out!! Anyone know?   ...

How Would You Type "25 To 30 Year History Of Smoking." Sm
Sep 08, 2011

25-30-year history or 25 to 30-year history? Or something else? Thanks! ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

This Has Probably Been Asked Before, But...
Jun 19, 2013

What would you do if you worked for Nuance and was offered a job to start immediately with another company?  Would you have to give 2 weeks' notice and possible lose the job offer? ...

Been Asked To Tier Up
Feb 25, 2010

Good? Bad? Should I run screaming for the hills? ...

I Am Sure That This Question Has Been Asked But .... (sm)
Aug 02, 2010

I am looking to buy a new computer and cannot decide between a desktop or a laptop.  Which do you prefer and why?  I love the idea of not being confined to my desk with the laptop but afraid that it will not "hold up" like a desktop in the long run. Thanks so much for your replies! ...

Below I Asked A Question About What
Sep 23, 2010

Max House or Health PFC KA system for a knee replacement.  In case anyone is interested, the QA response was MAX-HEALTH PS TKA system.  However, I tried to verify this for myself on google, but I could not.  QA must have a better reference library than I do.  FYI. ...

Has It Become A Given That We Are Asked To Work OT W/o OT Pay?
Nov 10, 2010

Evidently it is an unwritten rule at my company that when you are asked to work hours outside of your shift, or over 40 hours, it is a given that you are to do so with no extra pay.  Should I bring it up?  Am I the only one? We all work 40 hours on my account, some nights, and some weekends.  Always have.  Now the AM is e mailing on the weekend asking us to get on there and get caught up.  Extra money is never mentioned - never paid, although if more than 40 hours is on ...

Someone Asked Me If There Is Work Out There
Dec 08, 2011

I ran into a former co-worker.  She asked what I was doing and I told her I am doing medical transcription from home.  She said her daughter is taking an online course in MT but it is slow going.  She asked me a few questions about the field.  Mainly she wanted to know if there is work out there.  I didn't want to be negative so I said yes, there's work out there, even though in my heart I know her daughter is going to have a tough time getting work.  At l ...