A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MY SIL warned me not to go to work for Nuance but I did...sm - Southern MT

Posted: Sep 02, 2014

It actually has been the best move I have made in a long time.  I am never out of work (even when it would be nice occasionally).  I am averaging over $18 an hour and most of the time closer to $21.  My primary is not easy by any means. Lord these ESLs make me want to scream; however, it is a mix of speech and straight typing and I make over 5 and 9 respectively.  I have a secondary but have yet had the opportunity to work on it.  I work on Exeditor which is a program I really like as well. 

My TSM is apparently one of the great ones.  She is very concerned and caring. You can pick up the phone and call her, and she always has time for you.  

QC on average is fine. I do believe they nitpick reports to death that you send to them (forgetting the fact that you sent the report to them because the dictator was horrible but it is what it is).  They have a job to do as well. I may get 1 report a day through FEISA, and when I do it is ALWAYS on that blasted doc who was extremely hard. My accuracy is 99% or better and I always have work (and OT).  

It won't last - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Report back in a month or two and let us know how great your job with Nuance is...after your pay is cut, you lose your primary account, etc.

I want to know - how she makes

[ In Reply To ..]
5 and 9 respectively.

Because of the hours I choose to work. NM - Southern MT

[ In Reply To ..]
How is that possible? - OHmt
[ In Reply To ..]
I have 99%+ accuracy, am rarely OOW, and work after hours and I STILL barely make more than $8 an hour. Even if all of my reports required no editing, I can't see any way to make $18 an hour.
What Hours Do You Work? - Meh
[ In Reply To ..]
So what hours do you work? Prove it or shut up.
What Hours Do You Work? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not Southern MT but I do know that when I worked 3rd shift I made right around 5 and 9 respectively. That is because of the shift and Nuance pays extra for 3rd shift; however, when I had to make the change to days it dropped back down.
Any Tips? - Meh
[ In Reply To ..]
Given that even with 5 pennies per line for editing, you'd have to go at an average speed of 400 lines/hour to make $20.00/hour (which you claim), can you give tips on how you're able to go so fast? (I can understand going that fast on a few reports, but to do so consistently amounting to average rate or 400 lines/hour seems almost bionic. (I also can imagine doing that if it were all "partial dictations" where you don't have to verify patient and correct date of service and correct visit, but most dictations aren't "partial dictations" so you do have to do all that extra stuff, including an occasional no MRN which you then have to look up and verify and fill in yourself. So any tips on how you go so fast consistently?

It's probably imaginary...... - NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Troll Alert - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Troll alert - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
or a mother, sister, relative of someone higher up

Troll Alert - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
Either someone in management or someone from India. I'm thinking the latter.
I'm thinking totally fake in all regards, just to - anoy the minions. -nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Can't be from India - Too well written
[ In Reply To ..]
for a slag.

I'm a Southern MT too - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
We must work for a different company. They fired my TSM recently, no warning. I wish they would fire me, no warning.

I am always OOW with 6 accounts. You are very lucky, but the rest of us fighting for work don't wanna hear about it.

When I first came to Nuance I made good money. Then all of a sudden my main account went to EMR. It seems I went from 99.98% QC now down to less than 98%. What, I just all of a sudden don't know how to edit anymore. Yep, right. I hope your good fortune lasts. I have never quit a job before, but I will take the first offer to get out of this business. MT 25 plus years and it's over. SICKENING. Nuance hires managers that have no clue how to staff an account and they prove it every day!!

MY SIL WARNED ME.... - kk

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been with Nuance for about a year now and I never run out of work either. I think it has to do with the platform you work on and the hours of work you do. I don't make as much per hour as you. Mine is only $12 I think.

Uh-huh. - Right.

[ In Reply To ..]

I Can See How - Meh

[ In Reply To ..]
I can see how you could very well make $12/hour, but that's about the limit with Nuance. I still say it's impossible to make $20/hour as the other poster claims to make. I think the majority of people make $9 or $10 dollars an hour with Nuance, which is very low. After all, this is 2014 and not 1984. I hear some MTs were making even more money in 1984!

Troll big time. Probably LE. LOL! - exnuancer

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Too good to ge true - Cindy

[ In Reply To ..]
Good for you, if its really true. I can barely make minimum wage due to there being no work. With 30 years experience it just sucks.

Southern MT - Noodles

[ In Reply To ..]
LIES! I actually LOL'd when I read this. It wreaks of a stinkin' lie and posted by someone in HR. Like I said before, they are desperate because everyone is catching on to their dirty deeds (done dirt cheap).

Nuance. . .BEST JOB EVER!! Thanks for the - laugh. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

About 5 and 9 Respectively? - Meh

[ In Reply To ..]
Why do you (claim) to "make over 5 and 9 respectively" (I assume you're referring to pennies per line) when other MTs at Nuance only get either 3.75 and 7.50 respectively or else 4 and 8 respectively? Even if you do get 5 and 9 respectively, you'd still have to go at a speed of 400 lines/hour at editing to make $18 to $21 an hour, which you say you make. Anybody else here who work for Nuance as MT get 5 and 9 respectively?

Rates have to be one of the buyouts. We know - what happens eventually. Come back

[ In Reply To ..]
and tell us then how great it is when you are totally Nuance integrated.

5 and 9 - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
Truth. When my company was bought out by NUisANCE, I was getting 5 and 9 respectively, and guess what???? It dropped to 8 cpl (our voice wreck was gotten rid of). So yeah, let's see if she's still bragging after 6 months to a year.

yes, PM shift acute - bornfree

[ In Reply To ..]
When Nuance took over Transcend, the Acute Care rate became .0463 Editing and 0.0825 Typed (jobs typed before 8 pm Eastern). After 8 pm Eastern it becomes 0.0513 Editing and 0.0925 Typed. Unfortunately, most of my shift is before 8 pm Eastern. But even if I worked all of it after 8, I still don't know if I'd make $12/hr. Maybe.

Not the OP, but... - YD

[ In Reply To ..]
Firstly, I don't make nearly the hourly rate of the OP because I just can't achieve a high accuracy rate if I try to edit too fast. This is not to say that others can't do both. I just know that I can't. I find this very, very discouraging like so many others.

Secondly, regarding the OP's cpl rates, why all the outcry and confusion? If you work acute care on the night shift (which starts at 8 pm), you do in fact make 0.0925 for straight typing and 0.0513 for editing. These are published rates, folks, so how about stopping with the rude and uninformed remarks regarding her stated cpl.

I have not seen any straight typing. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Didn't know any existed anymore.
periodic straight typing - bornfree
[ In Reply To ..]
there may be 10-25% of my weekly line count that is straight typing. Sometimes I can't figure out why. Terrible dictators can show up as SR jobs, while wonderful dictators don't (my favorite jobs!) I'm happy to be able to type now and then, though.
Straight typing - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The only time I ever get a straight typing report is if there is an error with the physician input on the demographics. And you will be dinged 1 point or 3 points for demo errors if you let one slide. I can straight type faster (and more accurately) than edit this garbage and I don't care what anybody says. Been doing VR since 2008 and it still stinks!!

Another MT here making $18 an hour or more and 99.8% accuracy - jc

[ In Reply To ..]
I sit here and listen to all of this negativity and wonder why you do...oh, I know, you handful of people I see here on this board do nothing but complain and bad mouth us hard-working MTs that are actually making money, qualifying for bonuses, doing our jobs as we should instead of griping all the time on this site. Maybe, just maybe if you put more effort into your work and quit spending all of your time making nasty comments due to, I don't know, maybe jealousy, that you could actually make a living at this as well. I have been with Nuance for over 2 years and, yes, it is not like working at my local clinic, and I have had to change primary accounts and that sucks, but I make do with what I've got and give it my best and it pays off! Never had MUP, never did not make my bonuses, only missed one quarterly bonus but still had over 99%, and I tredge on because I am thankful to have a job and a job that has limitless pay IF I work hard! Maybe you aren't getting accounts that have work on them because you gripe too much instead of working and they want you gone! I'm just saying...if I was your people's manager I know I would!

Nasty comments are coming from you! - RED

[ In Reply To ..]
Jealousy of what???? I have been with Nuance 3 years, ALWAYS made bonus, NEVER had MUP, always had work until recently. So until it happens to you, you don't know how it feels.

Maybe your account hasn't went to EMR or maybe you have a TSM that is not overstaffing accounts. If you were my manager I would report you to YOUR manager. Now get back to work, cheerleader.

99.8% accuracy - FAIL!

[ In Reply To ..]
x

THIS MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD-SUCH FALSE ADVERTISEMENT - Foolfighter

[ In Reply To ..]
This screams of a marketing ploy to persuade innocent MLS to come here. I laughed out loud at your post. I left this company due to poor wages, poor treatment, no work, and very poor managers. Your "advertisement" for a positive experience at Nuance is falling on deaf ears. Please don't think we are stupid and believe one thing you are saying. It's a waste of your time and energy and my time reading such garbage. I find it interesting that Nuance has to try to market for MLS on this site with false statements. Karma is starting to happen here me thinks.

Ironic - Meh

[ In Reply To ..]
Isn't it ironic that a company has to "market" to get employees? After all, the company is not trying to sell anything to the employee in terms of a product or service. The company has to pay the employee, and yet the company is "marketing" to get employees. The company pays so little, thus resulting in this ridiculous irony. If the pay was fair, they wouldn't have to go marketing.

Similar Messages:

Getting Warned About QASAR Kicking In Today.
Feb 23, 2010

My question:  If I do not pass my audit (good chance I will not for MANY reasons), and the outcome is getting fired, WILL I BE ABLE TO COLLECT UNEMPLOYMENT AND GET TAA.  I would like to go back to school, no matter what the outcome is, and of course collect unemployement while attending school. I have been an MT for 30 years.  My audits are usually 97.8 and hard to get 98% ALL THE TIME with the horrible dictators.  If I get a couple of good dictators, then it is at 100%, lik ...

I Was Warned Of A Potential Bad Employer By Checking
Apr 30, 2013

this forum and I backed out because I had to purchase software and would be "micromanaged" too closely. I found myself on the offensive and caught the recruiter off guard because I told him I had no money to buy software because MTs are so poor. It was beautiful just to hear his jaw drop! I felt tremendous just to boycott this industry in my own way. ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Nuance OSI
Apr 14, 2011

Any thoughts on this merger???? ...

Web/Nuance Ad
Sep 15, 2011

Does anyone know why the ad says "No inquiries from overseas" when they obviously offshore the work?  Anyone reading that would incorrectly assume they do not offshore.  I was reading an article in the newspaper that a journalist was talking about a few days ago regarding the hospital outsourcing to the Web/Nuance, and the spokesperson for the hospital said in the article that the company only employs US MTs.  ...

Nuance -?
Oct 08, 2011

xx ...

Nuance PTO ?
Oct 23, 2011

The ad Nuance has up says increased PTO.  Anyone willing to tell me what it is now. Also information on their bonus program would be helpful.  Thank you. ...

WMX/NUANCE Here It Is......
Nov 04, 2011

....First send us an email with fabulous Nuance ins (bad news) because they had to announce that due to open season. However at the same time telling us that the new pay structure (probably more bad news) will be announced at a later date but will be effective Jan 1 2012. Good way to keep us hanging on while they are so behind with their horrid platform. Guess what Nuance/Nuisance, it will not work as your reputation has gone from bad to worse and we are now realizing that the We ...

NUANCE/WMX
Nov 18, 2011

What do Nuance MT's get for editing and transcribing per line.   Thanks ...

WMX/Nuance Changes
Dec 06, 2011

If Webmedx does away with or changes their recently advertised "PRODUCTION BASED INCENTIVE" bonus and adopts the Nuance quality based bonus then this change may be considered by quite a few WMX employees as yet another cut in pay. I’m sure that there are quite a few MT’s currently at WMX that have a high QA average and are earning $300-$400 (some even more) in production incentive pay each pay period, which equates to $600-$800 per month. As an example, acco ...

QA Nuance
Dec 28, 2011

Did anyone hear anything about changes for QA.  I heard there was a webinar today? ...

Nuance W2s?
Jan 20, 2012

Has Nuance/Alphastaff released W2s yet?  Quit mid-December, have no idea.  Thanks! ...

For Nuance QA.. Sm
Mar 09, 2012

Is there a specific QA staff?  I was under the impression that the team managers did most of the QA.  Is that correct?  Or how is the QA done?  Someone said below that QA is paid hourly; I was under the impression it was cpl.  Any info on QA structure for Nuance would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Does Nuance Have IC's
Mar 09, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance hires IC's?  I could not find it anywhere.  It could be a solution for me if they do.  Thanx in advance. ...

Nuance Job
Mar 12, 2012

I have an interview this week with Nuance. Any advice on what to expect? I'm interviewing for an MT job and have been reading some posts on here about the company and it's not looking good. ...

Wmx/Nuance
Mar 12, 2012

Had our usual update this morning from my AM, one of the best IMO and the reason many of us stayed after Nuance took over. Then at 1:30 an e-mail that he is no longer with the company??? What is going on???  (DO) ...

Nuance Help!
Mar 13, 2012

Can anyone help me with instructions on how to create a new entry in the carbon copy? I am getting lots of dictations where I can't find that particular physician in the CC list and need to create a new one. I am new and need help. Thanks in advance! ...

Does Nuance Really Pay Everyone The Same Across The
Mar 17, 2012

Is this true? Because if so that means they dont take into consideration years of experience, opportunity for increase or nothing. Seems kind of hard to work for an obviously big and successful company that is only willing to pay their employees 0.41 cpl and thats it, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I mean they dont come off to be the type of company that "cant" afford to give increases in pay to their transcriptionist. I heard that if you work from 10pm to 6pm you can make 0.46 cpl, bet ...

Pay At Nuance
Apr 08, 2012

Anyone willing to share how much per line they make with VR or straight transcription? Or any information how the company is with raises? Thank you ...

Fed Up With Nuance
Apr 19, 2012

I received an incentive bonus this paycheck (for the first time ever). My QA score was 99.3%. So, I get an email today from my supervisor that my latest audit was only 98.2% and they are going to reaudit me in 2 weeks to see if my score is improving or if I need further disciplinary action. WTF? I've been with Nuance for 3 years and think it's time to jump ship. This company is messed up, and the QA is so inconsistent. ...

Nuance Down Too?
May 22, 2012

Nuance servers were down all day yesterday as well as Transcend servers?  Really?  We were told in an email it had nothing to do with Nuance.  That's quite a coincidence, don't ya think?  Oh gosh, I sure hope this doesn't indicate the way things are going to go in the future with Nuance.  Does this happen often there? ...

Nuance Pto??
May 22, 2012

In house just got outsourced to Nuance.  In our meeting, they said the PTO is 10 days total, which you have to use for holidays and sick time as well.  So, if you take all 6 holidays (if that is even possible), you get 4 days off a year?  Not even a week for vacation left over.  Someone asked if that changes with time of service and they said no, that will never go up.  ARE YOU KIDDING?  Is this what the rest of you get for PTO, or is this just something they have s ...

I <3 Nuance. . .
Aug 02, 2012

I have been with Nuance a few years.  I'm an MT.  I'm not the best MT out there, nor am I the worst.  I read the comments on these boards and my jaw is on the floor.  FYI, not everyone has the bad experiences that have been discussed on this site.  I can't account for the horrible things I hear people saying about Nuance, except to say if things are really that bad for you, maybe MT is not for you or Nuance is not a good fit for your career path. ...

Nuance QCs
Aug 06, 2012

I AM SO LIVID!  These QCs are unbelievable!  I used "and" instead of "the" and the QC marks me off for English misspelling/typo which is a 0.5 error instead of an English word misuse which is less at 0.25. Do you think "and" and "the" are typos?  I think not!  You see, this is evidence that they are being totally unfair and proof that they do not want anyone to make incentive!  This is my opinion!  Anything to bring your score down!  Man this pisses me off!&n ...

Qtn About Nuance Pay
Aug 08, 2012

I don't work for Nuance but have a question.  Somewhere on MTStars, I saw the amount they deduct from your pay if your QA percentage is low.  Please explain.  How much do they pay per line and how much do they deduct if you have low QA percentage?  Thanks so much in advance.  I have looked and looked but can't find the previous post.  ...

QC/QA Pay At Nuance
Aug 16, 2012

There is someone who claims to be a QC for Nuance and that they are only paid minimum wage for this position.  That is utter nonsense.  Why would any experienced MLS take a minimum wage job in the MT industry when you could make more than that on production easily.  If you are experienced enough to be in QC or QA then please don't lie to the rest of us and tell us that you only make minimum wage.   ...

Job With Nuance
Aug 21, 2012

I am really in need of a job, and because I like eScription and ExText for the most part, I thought Nuance was the most likely candidate. However, I'm hearing terrible things about them. I know some have good experiences and some bad, but I'm not in a position where I want to struggle through several months of working and then quit because there's no money in it. I did have an interview, and my red flag was that the interviewer said that they had 80 to 100% ESL on some ac ...