A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Low score on FIESA with new grading system - anon

Posted: Jun 24, 2013

Hey guys..have a question. This quarter is over this week and with the new grading system they have implemented for post-audits my QA score is quite bad at about 96% to 97%. I have never had a low score like this ever in my career and have always been between 98.5% to 99%.  Have any of you experienced a low final score for a quarter before and if you have what happened to you? Did they have QA work with you or was it like instant termination. This new grading system is so very stressful :( Any information anyone has is very appreciated. Thank you.

Well for me - MTSlave

[ In Reply To ..]
My end quarter Fiesa post audit score is much lower than yours. I had a couple of bad days 2 months ago and they audited all 500 lines on those days of course. I knew there was no way in h*** that I was going to make the grade (and of course I have not been audited since). Like you, my QA scores have always been 99+. I was in tears, called my supervisor and had a long heart to heart. Thank goodness my TL is good and I have avoided the henchman this time around. If you have a good TL, you might want to consider doing the same thing.

Did talk to TL - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I did talk to my TL and I'm honestly thinking we may have the same TL because we had heart-to-hearts to about my score as well. She keeps telling me to hang in there and is such a sweetheart. She is really the only reason why I haven't left here because I feel I will never have another boss like her ever again. My TL also knows that these scores really don't represent my quality of work. I'm just having a tough time. And they always of course audit the hardest of the hard doctors. My score should be higher as well if we were still on the old grading system. It's very heartbreaking at times. I really love my accounts though and I honestly do love working for this company. I haven't had a bad experience here. It's just been a very tough quarter this quarter for me and I really don't understand why. Thank you so much for your reply as well!

Low FIESA scores - Freebie

[ In Reply To ..]
I was trying to stay off this but I just had to say after reading these posts I am in exactly the same position. I've had 100% all this time and then all of a sudden I have 15 reports audited in a 2-day time frame and had scores on some of them as low as 92%. The docs they audited on those were ones I was unfamiliar with and not in my primary accounts and they had all been B-mode jobs and I got scores marked off for blanks that they filled in and also a major error for 2 nonmedical words that the QA thought the doc wanted left in (I don't think he did). It can't be a coincidence. I think somebody figured out how much was going out in bonuses (I've been the highest producer on my team, too) and decided to knock us down on QA scores to make sure that didn't happen.

TL - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually your TL isn't allowed to talk to you about this and if they are, they are risking their job and yours. You must contact your manager, TLs have been told over and over do NOT discuss these things with employees and the few who do, spread around what they are told.

The game they seem to play is this.... - my2cents

[ In Reply To ..]
Dangle the carrot claiming if you have 99% quality you can get bonus money. Then they QA you to death on every crappy dictator on your account, never the good dictators, and if you do say 5 reports on an account you rarely work on you can guarantee those will be pulled for post audits. It's just a game they play. I figure as long as my overall quality score when you combine the post-audits vs. the "QA fill in the blanks" audits show a 98% or higher QA score they can't fire me as I'd have plenty of ammunition to give to have an attorney beat them up pretty good.

In addition.... - my2cents

[ In Reply To ..]
Technically my post-audit QA score is 97.5% BUT my overall QA score which covers hundreds of reports this business quarter is 99.56% accuracy. I know 1 other person on my account with the same type of results and I bet it's the same for many others -that's why they don't really get eager to fire people over quality scores.

QA Audits - uniquemonique

[ In Reply To ..]
I got dinged for 3 "invalid blanks" on a report. and I got an email from my Tl saying I have to do the ENRICH QA modules in 2 weeks and let her know when I've finished. My QA rating had never been below 99% until I started here. Like every other MT, I have decided to not let it bother me, I do my job and that's it. I KNOW I'm a damn good MT. QAing constantly does not encourage anyone to work harder.
Especially when the post audit is done in - Coimbatore
[ In Reply To ..]
To add insult to injury, having QA done offshore AND they make abundant errors in grammar and spelling AND tuck in wise comments. Grinds me so hard.

If you are trying to get the bonus... - Then, yes, you

[ In Reply To ..]
need to pay attention to those stupid FIESA scores. But..let me tell you something I found out. Those scores are COMPLETELY unreliable. My accuracy score is at 98.53. It's been there for the last 4 pay periods. Exactly the same number. My other score, the one that is based on the amount of blanks you send in? It has gone from 0.99% to 5.?%, up to 18.3%, down to 11.0%, back down to 4.83%. I don't send very many blanks in at all. Not even 2 or 3 each pay period. When I asked about this fluctuation, I found out the managers have to separate "our" scores from the total scores of everyone overseas. So, it's hand done. Personally, I stopped looking at them when this started happening. I'm concentrating on the amount of lines I get every day and my regular pay. I got the bonus ONE TIME. Right after that, QC started nailing me for absolutely everything. I literally felt picked on. Never believed it would happen (they told me so on here), but it did. So, hang in there like your TL says and just do your best work and keep your head down. Just my 2 cents worth and that isn't much.

A little confused though - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have read everything you guys have said, and thank you so much for the responses, but don't they use FIESA to grade us as they want us each quarter to at least be 98% to stay employed? I was under the impression with how it works is if you aren't at least 98% consistently per FIESA grades you aren't keeping up a good grade and therefore may get checked on and worked on with QA to boost your score up or be terminated. I would even be happy to be 98.53% and wouldn't even be worried at that point. I am more worried that I am 96% to 97% and that is just to a point where I really hope they don't end up terminating me. I am not really sure what process they have for this at all.

I emailed you. - No message

[ In Reply To ..]
XX

Your accuracy score stays the same the whole quarter; it's actually - last quarter's score you're seeing. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

nm

No they got me just under 99% and stopped post audits - weeks ago on me.

[ In Reply To ..]
They do this every quarter, they audit and audit and audit until I can't get the bonus. I am not paranoid as each quarter there is a different number of reports/lines audited and it always stops the second I am under 99%.

Sweet little system they have. I have never hated a job with the passion I hate this one.

I hear ya - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
My concern is what happens when you are 96% to 97% and what the protocol is. I haven't really gotten that question answered.

Similar Messages:

My New Grading System
May 13, 2010

It's simply unfair that MQ pays me the same same whether I do a normally dictated report, or one that is handicapped.  Handicapped reports obviously take much more time to finish.  Here's my new grading system for leaving markers.  It's how I'm going to grade the documents that are necessary to include blanks in case they are thrown back at me for any reason.  It gives me ammunition to fight back.  Each subject gets a point (which to me ...

Grading With FIESA
May 08, 2012

Are there no B's given on this?  I have checked it each day since I started (which was just a few days ago).  I either have A's or C's (with a percentage of 97 or 98%).  Today I typed 27 reports and got 100% accuracy on 25 of those and 2 that had C's but my overall grade was a C!!!  What am I missing.  Since I am technically still on 90 day "probation" it worries me.  I am typing well over the line count required and have made no "major" mistakes ...

Need Help Understanding A Fiesa Grading, If Possible
Sep 17, 2014

Does anyone understand why they take off an entire point for a lab value that is 1 point off?  Such as a glucose level of 230 and is transcribed 231?  This doesn't effect patient safety or treatment.  I can understand a discrepency that is a significant difference or would change treatment.  This is a minimal error and should be graded accordingly. ...

Low Score On FIESA
May 09, 2013

My FIESA scores are VERY low this quarter with a lot of points being taken off for errors. Has anyone been in a situation where at the end of the quarter they had a score that was below 98% and what happened? Is that instant termination? This is astonishing to me as I will be here for 4 years and never have had low scores ever and have never been in this predicament before. Thank you for any replies. ...

FIESA Score
Jul 01, 2013

Anyone else here get below 98% accuracy for April through June? It's July 1st now and the beginning of a new quarter for us all. I got below 98%, received 96% to 97% score. Am I going to be fired or what? NEVER had scores this low before ever! ...

Fiesa Score Below 98
Dec 01, 2013

Got a couple of bad audits and score is down, down, down.  Not had this happen before.  They gonna come down on me now or wait until after December statistics are added in? Kind of nervous.  ...

FIESA Score - Month Of May 98% -
May 24, 2012

OMG - I'm sick to death of this place.  I just checked my score for May - 98%.  10 days of A, 5 days C - no B's (NEVER have a "B" - it's just A or C - weird) Marked off for leaving off "an" for 1 thing.  So......what happens if I can't stay at 99%-100%????   I'm not new at this, but I sure am struggling with it.  ...

FIESA/QA Weekly Score
Aug 23, 2012

Does anyone know where our weekly QA scores come from? I have checked FIESA and the information there does not match the information that I am told by my manager. If you are being told that you have low scores and not checking FIESA, I would definitely start. Has this happened to anyone else? ...

FIESA - Score Was Falling Over The Last Two Weeks
Oct 02, 2014

Really look into your FIESA because I could not figure out why my score was falling over the last two weeks or so. I got to looking and it is not even me. I have been being charged with errors and graded on another person's mistake. I was very worried and could not figure out what was going on. I let my TSM know and I will spend hours now trying to get everything reversed. It is worth it though because we are graded on this not only by ourselves but also as a team through your TSM. It ...

Discrepancy Between Webclock Timesheet And Fiesa QA Score?
May 21, 2013

Always have greater than 99.5% on Fiesa QA score but always under 98.8% on Webclock Timesheet. Supervisor said it was just difference in dates for week I asked about, but it has always been thus. Anyone know why? ...

Cardiac Term - Is It CHAD Score - Or CHADS Score?
Mar 25, 2013

Is it CHAD score - or CHADS score? On search I find CHAD, CHADS, and CHADS2. He is not saying a "2" at all, and with him saying "score" right after "chad," I don't know if there should be an 's' on CHAD or not. The dictated sentence is:  He does have a recent diagnosis of lone atrial fibrillation with a low CHAD score. Thanks for any help. ...

C-score Or Z-score On Pediatric Echo
Apr 20, 2012

I am transcribing a pediatric echo and the doctor says C-score or Z-score. I have never heard this before. Is it C-score or Z-score. Thanks for any help in advance. ...

QA Grading
Oct 22, 2009

Is everyone graded using the same QA scoring system?  Where do they get this ??   ...

Cancer Staging And Grading
Aug 11, 2011

I have seen the staging/grading represented in conflicting ways and do not own a book of style. Can someone tell me if this is a correct way to represent renal cell carcinoma staging: Stage pT3a, pNx, pMx Thank you!!!! ...

Nunace Grading Scale
Jan 30, 2012

I'm fairly new at Nuance.  I check my work each day.  I'm confused on their grading scale - there will be an A with a C below.  Please explain. ...

Grading Lachman Test
Nov 13, 2012

Grade Ia Lachman. How should that be written? (The I-a part) Thank you ...

Breast Capsule Grading Question
Aug 31, 2011

I've got a plastic surgery dictation. Doc is talking about a breast capsule. He says  it was quite thin being of a grade 1 or grade 2 level.  Just wondering if anyone knows  if grade 1 should be a roman numeral or arabic numeral.  ...

Furhman Or Fuhrman Nuclear Grading
May 24, 2012

Is it Furhman or Fuhrman nuclear grading?  I find both.  Doctor is spelling "Furhman". ...

Camus System? (computer System)
Dec 26, 2013

I cannot find documentation on this.  The context appears to be the imaging and labs and the doctors have been dictating the system is down.  Thank you for any help! ...

89% Score
Jul 25, 2012

I have tested for M*Modal TWICE now in the last few months and have only gotten an 89% accuracy rating........I have been a med trans for a long, LONG time and don't understand how I could score so low. Is there ANY WAY I can email someone within the company to explain to me WHERE I made the mistakes they said I made????? Makes me doubt my ability. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! ...

Should I Let QA Know About Their Score?
Oct 02, 2013

Get graded every time I work and always aware to try and do my best. I got 100% excellent score on my work 2 days ago. The only problem here is I have not worked now in 3 weeks as I am on sick leave. Shhhhhh. ...

Well.,...score Below 98 .
Dec 20, 2013

I guess I am screwed.  In all my years I have never had this many "Major Errors".  Guess I have just been stupid my whole life and didn't know it.  Score below 98 and since they have been monitoring me quite a lot the last week or so I imagine they are done with me for the quarter.  Some of these errors are errors, but REALLY?  If/of is kind of a typo in my book.  SR had it one way and I did fail to catch it, but really had no change in context. How can they ex ...

Score Below 99%
Jan 15, 2014

My score for the quarter was 98.3%.  I will probably get fired.  All my working life (25 years) I always scored excellent on quality.  When I look at the post audit though, I am mostly at 100%.  It makes me feel kind of worthless.  ...

Where Does Their QA Score Come From?
Jan 28, 2015

I figured my QA to be in the 99.7 range based on FIESA.  On my timecard it is in the 99.5 range.  How can that be verified?  Can it be verified in FIESA?  If so, based on what parameters? Thanks~ ...

Is A Score Of 98.6% Considered Okay.
Jan 20, 2010

Sorry, cannot remember.  Tried looking before posting.  Thanks!!!! ...

Do You Know How Your QA Score Is Calculated And
Feb 03, 2010

nm ...

Apgar Score
Feb 25, 2010

I am CONTINUALLY getting flack about APGAR.  If I put Apgar, I get it back corrected as APGAR.  If I put APGAR, I get it back corrected as Apgar.  If I put Apgar's, comes back Apgars.  If I put Apgar's it comes back Apgars... I have my Dorland's dictionary, and it has Apgar, A capitalized, pgar lower case, but in my abbreviation guide it's all caps (APGAR). Does anyone have anything different OR perhaps a solution?  ...

Reicker's Score?
Jun 22, 2012

Acute alcohol withdrawal - patient with "Reicker's score" of 4.  Thanks! ...

Milumbut Score
Oct 03, 2012

In  neck examination - milambut score is 4 ?? Thanks! ...

QA Score Requirement?
Jan 08, 2013

What is the QA score requirement?  I thought it was 99%.  I had three audits today that scored 99.75% and was told that if I proofread the jobs better before I sent them I would catch these small mistakes (one per job).  Are we supposed to get 100% now?  Just curious.  TIA! ...