A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Email about new Fiesa pilot program - for onshore accounts only

Posted: May 06, 2015

Did anyone else get that email? Anyone else think it is a joke too just like everything else related to Nuance?  "We have listened to your feedback about nitpickiness regarding QC1 scoring and have decided to try this program out."  So, they are going to start leaving QC1 reports out of Fiesa, so if we want to see any feedback for QC reports we have to email our TSMs for it, yet even more work that is unpaid, which I won't be doing (never really paid attention to QC feedback anyways).  So, they listened to our feedback regarding nitpickiness huh?  But instead of addressing the nitpickiness, they're going to continue to nitpick us, just hide it from us. Nice. That's really addressing the problem, Nuance! Way to go! 

*sarcasm font

So now we can't even see the QC audits? - Fine with me

[ In Reply To ..]
Now, how about doing away with the QA audits too?

I mistakenly initially read the email as saying we could check the QC audits if we wanted to, but apparently for those of us on all US accounts, we can't even see the "feedback" (yes, sarcastic virtual air quotes) - woohoo!

Yeah, thanks for small favors, Nuance, but most of us have been ignoring those stupid QC things for months. Also the other ones, frankly. Not valuable AT ALL.

Here's an idea, Nuance, if you're listening. Stop tying our pay to FIESA AT ALL. That's the real problem.

Think about it, you QA/QC people who are reading this (and Nuance higherups if indeed you ever do). I have had QA decisions reversed, yet the QA person who nearly cut my pay a big amount probably got 5 lashes with a wet noodle, am I right?

I have seen an MT complain on this board about a QA person filling in a blank with a typo, and heard the outrage from the QA people, it's just a typo!

If your pay got slashed by $50-100 a week from a typo thanks to a QA person, you QA people might realize that to us a typo can mean literally being able to pay your mortgage or not. Tying pay to nebulous "errors" is nefarious BS.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If you really care about improving quality to such a great extent, target those who are habitual offenders (and probably the ones who have the 300+ lph because they just don't care and make up the FIESA penalties with volume) and TRULY have a program to improve, but do NOT penalize those of us who occasionally miss a word or you disagree with their punctuation.

How about pay tiers based on experience and proven track record, not just whatever little nitpicking mistake QA pounced on this week?

How about giving those on the accounts the longest maybe some preference in the form of enough work on our primaries to get through most of the day instead of making us all fight it out and spreading the work so thinly we all have to have multiple accounts and then still run out of work?

If you had one MT to advise you you might know these things, but I have to wonder, if you do have anyone at all advising you who is an MT, that it is probably someone who hasn't done this job for years and really does not have a clue about how things work for us.

I cannot imagine any MT worth their salt okaying this punitive and unfair FIESA garbage.

QA/QC - tmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I am one of those âyou QA/QC peopleâ you refer to. I am on the QC1 Level. I hope this pilot program works. It would give me great pleasure knowing that the reports that I do quality control on will have a less punitive effect on MTs. Fiesa = Punitive (On so many different levels)

This is all done purposefully, they will not fix it, it helps to frustrate - more of you into quitting.

[ In Reply To ..]
N.m.

The e-mail refers to QC-1 and on-shore-only accounts - QC-1 is what you send in for blanks

[ In Reply To ..]
Correct me if I am wrong. It sounds like this pilot program is for on-shore-only accounts and they are not showing QC-1 scores in Fiesa. These are the reports you send to QA with blanks, etc and do not count against your Fiesa score anyway but are annoying because they will show up there if you go below a certain percentage and you have to acknowledge them. What is annoying is that they will marked you down a full point if they were able to fill in the blanks. That will knock a small report down to 98% and will pop up in Fiesa to acknowledge, but it does not count against you score.

You can still see your QC-1 reports in your platform, or at least I can in my platform, to check out what the blanks were, etc.

For this pilot program they will show up in Fiesa as 100% even though that is not the true score and you have to go into your platform to check QC-1 reports (I believe.) Maybe some platforms are different. I hope this is accurate information...that is my take on the e-mail.

Onshore-only accts are fewer every day, so it can't be a big pilot. nm - acuteMLS

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I have yet to receive the email... what are on-shore-only accounts? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Not done to be nice - anonymous QC

[ In Reply To ..]
The only reason they are doing this is because they are rolling out a QC compensation program similar to what MLS have and we will no longer be putting feedback into Fiesa, only capturing lines.

ah yes - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The truth always comes out. Nuance is never motivated by being "nice". NEVER.

Sorry to hear that. Sorry for you on-shore QC people that is. - That stinks. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Definitely not a "welcome to our world" type thing. Our world sucks.

QC audits, so what, who cares? - QA audits are what count

[ In Reply To ..]
Punitive nitpickiness most definitely will continue on that.

Nuance - sick of them

[ In Reply To ..]
I have 15 years experience and they made me feel like I just got out of MT school. Their docs, well most of them, are awful. Six weeks of that crap was enough for me. Their time clock and punching in and out OOW and point system for feedback sucked.

Similar Messages:

POD Pilot Program In North Region Stinks
Jan 13, 2014

North region went from 4 accounts, to being tried on this POD Pilot Program and put on at least 10 more accounts, with a few having several divisions.  After 1st week, workload fell way behind, over 1400 reports by this past Friday.  Around 4 p.m. Friday, we were offered OT plus an extra $10/h for Fri, Sat & Sun, but have to work at least 3 hours OT each day.  Interestingly, not told up front, but via email AFTER THE FACT, that the OT pay might be paid on the 2/7/2014 pay, 2 m ...

New Exit Interview "pilot Program"
May 08, 2015

FYI I was asked to participate in a new exit interview pilot program that they will pay exiting employees.  I was very very very honest.  I am certain they will not hear a thing I said, but at least I know I did my part to speak up for those who are still there and suffering.   ...

Oh Look! A FIESA Email! :D
Dec 12, 2013

Don't you love starting your day with a few informative emails with the mistakes you made? It brings such joy to my life. But seriously, I will be giving myself away with this one but COME ON, I got a BMI wrong yesterday because evidently he didn't mean to give me a blah.blah-blah-blah%, he was "stumbling" over his words. The "helpful" note said that I should have consulted a BMI calculator to find the correct BMI. Sigh.... just another clerical duty, part of my job description... ...

Quit 6 Days Ago, Now Can't Log In To N Email But Can To FIESA.
Dec 31, 2014

xxx ...

Why Does This Company Email Program Time Me Out?
Jul 26, 2012

I'll have the email program open and about 30 minutes or so later, it'll log me out.  What gives? ...

Looking For A User Friendly Email Program Other Than Outlook, Any Suggestions?
Jan 26, 2012

I currently have Outlook 2010 on my PC and I HATE IT!  I can't save any contacts.  I keep getting a message that says I don't have permission to save to that folder or something to that effect.  It's has an obnoxious toolbar at the top of the screen that I have to study every time I need to perform any kind of action.  I really just want something simple.  I don't have Outlook Express on my PC which I would use if I had it.  I've been looki ...

Anyone Else Get "moving Deadlines" FIESA Email?
Jan 15, 2015

So I guess they're moving around the dates for reversal request cutoffs, etc.  They're all over the place...seems like they're moving dates so it looks more favorable on their end? ...

Is The CareerStep Medical Coding Program A Good Program?
Nov 22, 2010

TIA ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

Imedx Email. How Do You Delete An Email?
Apr 06, 2015

I see nothing. ...

Trying To Email 360 Transcription With Their Email
Mar 23, 2015

and it says there is no such address.  Anyone else having trouble like that? ...

FIESA???
Apr 20, 2012

Can you tell me what this stands for? ...

Fiesa BS
Jul 26, 2012

How frigging nitpicky can they be???? Whatever it takes to keep you below 99%.  If they can keep you below 98 you will feel your job is in danger and be ever so grateful to continue employment with this fantastic family-friendly company . (Gag, puke).  Wrong word, wrong spelling, wrong format -- okay.  But REALLY!!!   ...

Why Did I Look At FIESA????
Aug 26, 2012

I knew I shouldn't have looked at my FIESA from Saturday but I did.  Majority are 100% so for that I am grateful but THEN there are the others where you are marked off for stuff that make no sense and then there are the stupid errors that I did and will own up to and wonder where my brain was when I was typing - I think my brain was so worried about being marked off for every little thing that I honestly can't concentrate sometimes like I need to. ...

FIESA...
Sep 14, 2012

I know we complain and complain about this on here and we fight and argue with the TLs about this...I was marked off half a point for EACH blank that I left on a dictation that the tape cut out.  The only explanation from QA was that "it was clearly understood".  I am just wondering how it was clearly understood.  I went back and listened to the tape and sure enough where I had blanks, the tape was cutting out.  So why am I being marked off for blanks.  Then on a few ot ...

How Do You Get To FIESA. Got A Log-in Name And
Dec 31, 2012

password, but no info as to where to sign in.   TIA! ...

FIESA B.S.
May 30, 2013

Okay, first quarter FIESA reviewed about 80 reports of mine and I actually got my incentive.  Now for this quarter, I am wavering on not getting my incentive with a 98.88 and for the past few weeks they have not reviewed a single one of my reports.  I smell something fishy.  This whole FIESA thing is to a) review enough reports a quarter so you fall below 99 and then b) if you are below 99, stop reviewing reports so you are stuck there with no chance to bring it up!  How fric ...

ANOTHER FIESA LIE
Jun 28, 2013

our post-audit reports are randomly pulled.  If you score high enough to get the bonus, your reports are gone through by the hatchet queens in India until they can find a report they can "audit" to bring you below 99%.  If you are kicked back to 98.99%, they still meet their contract requirements to the client, and Nuance does not have to pay you a bonus.  ...

Fiesa/QA/QC
Jul 22, 2013

I feel that all this crap is a plan to get rid of more US MTs.  They can show clients how our "Quality fails" and how they cannot get good help in the US and even the clients who want US workers will have to allow it to be shipped out.  JMO ...

Need FIESA Help - Sm
Sep 09, 2013

I almost always get my critical errors on one particular doctor who I think I understand and then it turns out I miss something.  I think there is a way to do a report on critical errors and see if I can trend the dictator but I can't figure out how.  Does anybody know?  And before you tell me to ask my TSM I did but as usual never got an answer. ...

FIESA AND QA- SM
Oct 08, 2013

Much as I dislike FIESA and all this QA, what I really hate is finding out I've been typing something WRONG for 30 years.  The only thing I can say for myself is some QA decades ago filled it in for me and I didn't look it up.  Been typing Campo's fascia instead of Camper's fascia. Took a 1-point post-audit hit on it, too.  Shakes me up, what else have I been doing wrong for 30 years?  And will it knock me out of bonus territory next quarter... ...

FIESA Again
Nov 22, 2013

I just got a post-audit review with 4 points deducted for 1 critical and 1 major error that were made by QA1 after I submitted a report with blanks by the dictator from hell. I'm so mad and all the things you can imagine, not to mention I'm sitting here bawling from total frustration. ...

FIESA IS DOWN, TOO
Dec 17, 2013

NM ...

FIESA (SM)
Mar 07, 2014

Was wondering if anyone has ever received FIESA feedback on reports that do not belong to you, i.e., you did not transcribe or edit the report?  ...

NOT LOOKING AT FIESA
Apr 01, 2014

I must admit, I never looked at FIESA, not only because it was depressing and humiliating, but its not the most user friendly site. My manager was constantly badgering me for not looking at it though and actually had me try to get on the other day when she called. How do other people get away with not looking at it? I wish I could get out of this company. It's depressing, demeaning and humiliating. ...

Take THAT Fiesa!
Apr 27, 2014

Just for "fun," I counted how many times I prevented a critical patient safety error today by catching the speaker saying the wrong age, gender, right vs. left, hyper versus hypo, you get the picture.  I quit counting at 8.  Never in my many years at Nuance have I made 8 CPSEs in 1 day.  So are we getting credit for the good work we do?  Not very likely. ...