A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Doomsday - i.e., last day of the week when QA nails you to get your score under 99% - eb

Posted: Jan 09, 2015

I worked my you-know-what off all week to try to get into a higher tier this week.  Was doing great, two reviews both 100%.  Then Qwhatever nailed me this morning with a post audit.  ONE WORD (that doesn't change the report AT ALL!) is going to cost me $241! 

I honestly believe they are doing this on purpose - keep us going all week so we will work harder to stay in the higher tiers, then at the last minute snatch it away from us when it's too late to do anything different. 

Nuance acts like the bonus is just extra shopping money for us.  "If I don't get that bonus, I guess I won't be able to get those Gucci shoes I had my eye on!"  It's not!  This is my grocery money they are messing with!  This is my heating bill!  This is gas money to take my kids to school! 

This is so demoralizing.  Without the bonus, I'm basically making minimum wage now at a job that I've done for 20-plus years and used to love and be successful at. 

Post audit Fridays - mom22

[ In Reply To ..]
Seems to be the case, doesn't it? Friday seems extra busy in the QC department. And I am right there with you. 20+ years, loyalty, dedication, and I'm at minimum wage....mostly. I actually have gone below due to holidays (see below regarding MUP). $241 is a HUGE amount!!!

I feel worthless and stupid every time I see FIESA. I used to look forward to Fridays. Now I know it's like facing the guillotine.

Whoever invented this scheme deserves to be strung up by their most - valuable body part.

[ In Reply To ..]
THAT is totally criminal!

Yep, same thing for me 2 weeks in a row. I tried SOOOO hard - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
to have a positive outlook about this new pay plan. I will admit when I'm wrong and boy was I wrong about this one. If I had somewhere else to go, I'd go today, not 2 weeks from now, but TODAY!

I'd like to know how this can be even remotely - legal! Give Labor Board a call?

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Ending Week With 100% Post Audit Score, Sm
Feb 06, 2015

AGAIN, ending week on 100%, let's see what they get me on. ...

JOB DOOMSDAY
Dec 21, 2012

The world may not have ended, but my job, as I knew it, has.  Now I should just call in dead and tell them I died in my pod.  What do you think? ...

Cardiac Term - Is It CHAD Score - Or CHADS Score?
Mar 25, 2013

Is it CHAD score - or CHADS score? On search I find CHAD, CHADS, and CHADS2. He is not saying a "2" at all, and with him saying "score" right after "chad," I don't know if there should be an 's' on CHAD or not. The dictated sentence is:  He does have a recent diagnosis of lone atrial fibrillation with a low CHAD score. Thanks for any help. ...

Thinning Of The Nails...sm
Jun 05, 2010

Pt has thinning of the Finger nails and curved inward.  Dictator stating family history of s/l "crust."  The only thing I can find is "Koilonychia."   Is there another name for this that sounds like what dictator is saying.  She states this twice in the dictation and sounds the same both times as if she is saying "crust."    Thank you in advance for any help.  I appreciate it.      ...

Nails With Peak?
Oct 20, 2011

"... does have embedding of the nails and *s/l nails with peak* can cause difficulty in debridement" Thank you for the help! ...

I Think My TSM Ate Nails For Breakfast. All TSM's Should
Oct 15, 2012

classes.  If there are individual issues with individual MLS, address it with them.  Don't send out blanket chastising emails.  You are doing nothing more than removing any team moral that may be left.  The emails come off as though you've embarked on a new power trip.  Let me guess?  You too TSM can type from your sick bed without missing a beat.  Give me a break already.  This is ridiculous.  ...

C-score Or Z-score On Pediatric Echo
Apr 20, 2012

I am transcribing a pediatric echo and the doctor says C-score or Z-score. I have never heard this before. Is it C-score or Z-score. Thanks for any help in advance. ...

I Am So Ticked I Could Bite The Heads Of Nails Off
Oct 17, 2009

I just got through with my 8 hours for the day. I could have worked longer, there was work left and my company does not mind. We are behind on discharge summaries but I am blowing steam out of my ears. I am old enough to quit this job and have I ever been thinking about it today. I have had people dicating for doctors who are ESLs themselves!! I was told not to change their verbs and such, leave as is. That grates on my last nerve. I have had people chomping gum in my ears, how rude is that? Did ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

89% Score
Jul 25, 2012

I have tested for M*Modal TWICE now in the last few months and have only gotten an 89% accuracy rating........I have been a med trans for a long, LONG time and don't understand how I could score so low. Is there ANY WAY I can email someone within the company to explain to me WHERE I made the mistakes they said I made????? Makes me doubt my ability. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! ...

Should I Let QA Know About Their Score?
Oct 02, 2013

Get graded every time I work and always aware to try and do my best. I got 100% excellent score on my work 2 days ago. The only problem here is I have not worked now in 3 weeks as I am on sick leave. Shhhhhh. ...

Well.,...score Below 98 .
Dec 20, 2013

I guess I am screwed.  In all my years I have never had this many "Major Errors".  Guess I have just been stupid my whole life and didn't know it.  Score below 98 and since they have been monitoring me quite a lot the last week or so I imagine they are done with me for the quarter.  Some of these errors are errors, but REALLY?  If/of is kind of a typo in my book.  SR had it one way and I did fail to catch it, but really had no change in context. How can they ex ...

Score Below 99%
Jan 15, 2014

My score for the quarter was 98.3%.  I will probably get fired.  All my working life (25 years) I always scored excellent on quality.  When I look at the post audit though, I am mostly at 100%.  It makes me feel kind of worthless.  ...

Where Does Their QA Score Come From?
Jan 28, 2015

I figured my QA to be in the 99.7 range based on FIESA.  On my timecard it is in the 99.5 range.  How can that be verified?  Can it be verified in FIESA?  If so, based on what parameters? Thanks~ ...

Is A Score Of 98.6% Considered Okay.
Jan 20, 2010

Sorry, cannot remember.  Tried looking before posting.  Thanks!!!! ...

Do You Know How Your QA Score Is Calculated And
Feb 03, 2010

nm ...

Apgar Score
Feb 25, 2010

I am CONTINUALLY getting flack about APGAR.  If I put Apgar, I get it back corrected as APGAR.  If I put APGAR, I get it back corrected as Apgar.  If I put Apgar's, comes back Apgars.  If I put Apgar's it comes back Apgars... I have my Dorland's dictionary, and it has Apgar, A capitalized, pgar lower case, but in my abbreviation guide it's all caps (APGAR). Does anyone have anything different OR perhaps a solution?  ...

Reicker's Score?
Jun 22, 2012

Acute alcohol withdrawal - patient with "Reicker's score" of 4.  Thanks! ...

Milumbut Score
Oct 03, 2012

In  neck examination - milambut score is 4 ?? Thanks! ...

QA Score Requirement?
Jan 08, 2013

What is the QA score requirement?  I thought it was 99%.  I had three audits today that scored 99.75% and was told that if I proofread the jobs better before I sent them I would catch these small mistakes (one per job).  Are we supposed to get 100% now?  Just curious.  TIA! ...

Low Score On FIESA
May 09, 2013

My FIESA scores are VERY low this quarter with a lot of points being taken off for errors. Has anyone been in a situation where at the end of the quarter they had a score that was below 98% and what happened? Is that instant termination? This is astonishing to me as I will be here for 4 years and never have had low scores ever and have never been in this predicament before. Thank you for any replies. ...

FIESA Score
Jul 01, 2013

Anyone else here get below 98% accuracy for April through June? It's July 1st now and the beginning of a new quarter for us all. I got below 98%, received 96% to 97% score. Am I going to be fired or what? NEVER had scores this low before ever! ...

CHAD Score
Jul 06, 2013

CHAD VASC score of 1?   How do you transcribe this phrase?   ...

QA And Calculation Of Score
Jul 25, 2013

I had 0.5 points deducted on a report for invalid blanks, no other errors, yet my score in FIESA was 98.08%.   Does anyone know how these scores are calculated?  Seems to me that 100-0.5=99.5.  So, either my math is really bad or FIESA is hosing us!  I emailed my TSM about is and as usual got no response.  Thanks! ...

Score Just Keeps Dropping
Aug 21, 2013

No matter how hard I try these days I cannot get my accuracy back to what it has been for years. I always maintained 99% or higher, mostly always right at 100% but now I cannot even get to 98% with everyone they keep marking me off for.  It has gotten ridiculous.  I have never ever had this many reports audited and marked for not having an s at the end of a word.  So disheartening when I feel I am doing so good.  Been at this for a very long time and never had anything like t ...

Mallampati Score
Aug 30, 2013

When transcribing the Mallampati score is it Class IV or class IV.. is the C capitalized or not?  Thank you!! ...